Adams XTD Ti Hybrid

Club Champion just fit me into this last weekend...and the performance was great, but the sound/feel was a bit off. I may have to try a few others when I go back for my driver fitting.

Man, I just don't get it. They've had some great sounding hybrids and then they put out a whole year's worth of duds.

Still can't make up my mind on this darn club....

Still can't make up my mind on this darn club....

I use the xtd ti 20 and the pro mini 18. I caved the face in on the pro mini, should not have happened. They sent me a brand new one. I love the Ti model, nice click upon striking it. I like I can adjust the loft as well. I have been looking for a Ti 16 and as soon as I find one cheap enough, I'm buying it. The pro mini although nice, is not as responsive as the ti version.

Whatever you do, I wouldn't spend much on it.
Yeah it's not the club that is expensive, its the shaft that they fit me into. I can trade an old set of irons on global golf and get the club pretty much free. But that $250 shaft is what gets me and the shaft is supposed to provide the performance so I'm in a conundrum.

What shaft? 250 for a hybrid shaft is dumb either way.

[h=1]
What shaft? 250 for a hybrid shaft is dumb either way.
[/h]
Motore Speeder Hybrid in a 20* XTD Ti.

I was consistently hitting it 230-235 and a nice ball flight....

At some point you have to factor in value and whether or not you can find something in the same ballpark for anything other than $300+ a club. Just my opinion of course.

Yeah, I just figure I'll hit it a lot since 230 yards off the tee will be pretty solid on a lot of holes for me. I hit a whole lot of hybrids in the fitting. I still need to go back to get fit for a fairway wood and my driver. I may just give the hybrids another go when I get in there.

At some point you have to factor in value and whether or not you can find something in the same ballpark for anything other than $300+ a club. Just my opinion of course.

This is one I was always interested in, so I picked up an 18 and a 20 recently. My 588 20 is pretty much automatic, so I'm doing more testing with the 18 (against a 588 18). I have it set at 18.5 and neutral.

I was a bit worried because Hawk and I typically are aligned on what we like and he didn't seem to like this one. Hawk seemingly liked the Super LS and I didn't have much luck with that one. The Super LS to me sounded bad, looked bad and had some awful "hot spot" behaviors (like one shot that I hit cleanly and went 190 and a miss on the next one that only went 165). I took the risk because I was sold on the tech story and the biggest concerns that Hawk mentions seemingly were things that I would like relative to the Super LS.

I've actually been enjoying the 18. I've had it on the range a few times and I used it on the course once. It's great for the long, low risk, running advancement shot. My shots on the course have all pretty much run out until they hit the rough.

It's definitely hot. I had a high swing speed player hit it, and he crushed it. It was probably the longest I've ever seen him hit a hybrid.

The primary question is ball height. The launch is lower for me than my 18 degree 588 hybrid. For my use case (the long, low runner), the XTD TI 2H is fine, but I don't think that I could really stop a ball on a green with it.

The other concern is really about ball position. I've played low loft hybrids in the past and I never quite know where to play them in the stance. I'm still playing around with that and trying to sort it out.

Can anybody comment on how these compare to the Pro in forgiveness+distance? I've seen these around for borderline stupid prices, but I've never hit one. I'm thinking these would be a little bigger?

Can anybody comment on how these compare to the Pro in forgiveness+distance? I've seen these around for borderline stupid prices, but I've never hit one. I'm thinking these would be a little bigger?

Had them in my bag and really liked them. I was hitting them straight and long. Love the stock shaft. They are heavy however. You can find them pretty cheap, I'd try it if I were you. Have fun!

Back