THP Nor-Cal Crew @ Diablo Grande 11-2-14 (photos & re-cap thread)

Pictures of Diablo Grande and more importantly In-N-Out burger bring back some good memories! I played the courses countless times, including before that connector road was built, while living in Pleasanton. Too bad to hear the Legends is closed as that was my favorite course. Ranch is a good course except for #3 and #12. Thanks for sharing.

We had a great time. I'm sure your gathering will be a blast too. Don't forget to post pictures.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
We always post up a few pics. And a few vines also.

The gist of the sad face ball, complete with unnecessary superfluous information:

I hit a 6-iron from 190 into the wind and it looks fine, just right of the green. Feeling pretty good about a shot at an up and down for par.

Get up there and no ball to be found. We look everywhere and I figure it went long, card my max of 7 and watch everybody else finish the hole.

Get to the next tee, and there is the sad face ball, complete with tears and an 'I'm sorry' written on it.

Turns out theheez picked it up thinking it was brianbigoats', offered it up on the next tee, to which he replied, "I don't play those shittay 'practice' balls. I think that cheap bastard chicogolf does, though."

Ok, maybe not exactly that, but that's the gist.

The gist of the sad face ball, complete with unnecessary superfluous information:

I hit a 6-iron from 190 into the wind and it looks fine, just right of the green. Feeling pretty good about a shot at an up and down for par.

Get up there and no ball to be found. We look everywhere and I figure it went long, card my max of 7 and watch everybody else finish the hole.

Get to the next tee, and there is the sad face ball, complete with tears and an 'I'm sorry' written on it.

Turns out theheez picked it up thinking it was brianbigoats', offered it up on the next tee, to which he replied, "I don't play those shittay 'practice' balls. I think that cheap bastard chicogolf does, though."

And from my perspective... I go to grab one of my wedges and realize that my 56 & 60 are gone. After a quick reflection I realize I had them out on the previous hole.

So I take off on the cart and drive straight to where I know they are. I get there and syndicate569 is preparing to hit an approach, so I wheel in, grab my wedges and notice a ball practically resting on my clubs. "Hmmm TaylorMade, Brianbigoats plays those, I wonder why his ball is there? Oh well, it's coming with me, what a nice guy I am", is my thought.

I get back to the green and as soon as I said, "hey Brian, you left a ball back there", I realized that I probably just picked up someone's gamer. Brian quickly confirmed that he wasn't playing the crap ball I so deftly rescued.

Decided that she needed to be returned, so on the next tee I conveyed my apologies and set her on her little pedestal. Sorry chicogolf!!

And from my perspective... I go to grab one of my wedges and realize that my 56 & 60 are gone. After a quick reflection I realize I had them out on the previous hole.

So I take off on the cart and drive straight to where I know they are. I get there and syndicate569 is preparing to hit an approach, so I wheel in, grab my wedges and notice a ball practically resting on my clubs. "Hmmm TaylorMade, Brianbigoats plays those, I wonder why his ball is there? Oh well, it's coming with me, what a nice guy I am", is my thought.

I get back to the green and as soon as I said, "hey Brian, you left a ball back there", I realized that I probably just picked up someone's gamer. Brian quickly confirmed that he wasn't playing the crap ball I so deftly rescued.

Decided that she needed to be returned, so on the next tee I conveyed my apologies and set her on her little pedestal. Sorry chicogolf!!

FWIW, I was thoroughly entertained by the ordeal

Yes, that 'I think I took their ball' conversation has that OOPS undercurrent that makes one chuckle.

I never said crap ball i said old ball the lethal is 2 years old

I never said crap ball i said old ball the lethal is 2 years old

Haha, don't mind us. We will just put words in your mouth.

Although it was a crap ball. It had clearly visited a few cart paths and was looking haggard. I did him a favor.

Ha. I had no idea Brian said anything. I just know I'm a cheap sob and thought I'd do some self-mocking.

Old, but still lethal....<rim shot>

Well gents, here is our HOTD from Sunday's round. Please excuse a little wind noise and the butchering of a perfectly innocent golf hole. Enjoy!

Great job TheHeez! That was his rough hole, he played very well and has a really nice swing! So does Mancest… me? looks like blackmail material… :bulgy-eyes:

Great Video Steve turned out great

Well gents, here is our HOTD from Sunday's round. Please excuse a little wind noise and the butchering of a perfectly innocent golf hole. Enjoy!

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for posting it.

That was awesome, other then my last 7 shots.... Seriously, of the 7 minutes of that video my fat butt was 5 of it....

But I laughed out loud with the commentary on the bottom. That turned out great, nice work!!

Last edited:
Great video guys! Looked fun!

Seriously, great job on the video, Heezy!

I'd love to start playing in this or any THP gathering but my life is at its most chaotic stage with a wife that travels for work too much(120+ days/year) and 3 very busy kids. In the next 24 months my situation will become much more flexible as my wife will be retiring and I'll have one off at college. In 64 months(who's counting) I'll also be retiring and plan on making at least a few THP events each year!

I'd love to start playing in this or any THP gathering but my life is at its most chaotic stage with a wife that travels for work too much(120+ days/year) and 3 very busy kids. In the next 24 months my situation will become much more flexible as my wife will be retiring and I'll have one off at college. In 64 months(who's counting) I'll also be retiring and plan on making at least a few THP events each year!

FWIW, I really hope to make it up your direction for some golf this summer. There are courses around Auburn that I'd really like to play, not to mention right around Tahoe. Plus, I'm really interested in doing the Graegle Golf Trail, possibly this summer.

You're not the only one Eddie. I have been trying to get over that way for the last couple of years.

FWIW, I really hope to make it up your direction for some golf this summer. There are courses around Auburn that I'd really like to play, not to mention right around Tahoe. Plus, I'm really interested in doing the Graegle Golf Trail, possibly this summer.

A gathering in Sacramento or Tahoe I might be able to do. Keep me posted. Lots of great golf in the Truckee area. The Ridge in Auburn is a great, fun track as well.

A gathering in Sacramento or Tahoe I might be able to do. Keep me posted. Lots of great golf in the Truckee area. The Ridge in Auburn is a great, fun track as well.

I've played The Ridge two times now and it is a fun course. Also played Darkhorse once. There is quite a bit of good golf in the Sac area. The one I really want to get out to is Yocha Dehe.

Last edited:
Back