Just got fitted for Edel Putter

BillNorCal

Reaction score
Handicap
So I freely admit that I am a putter-a-holic. I buy them anytime I have a confidence issue. So I just got a new Nike MOD 90 putter and really like it. No excuse to go out looking for something else right?

Wrong! :bulgy-eyes:

Golf Galaxy sends me a email about free Edel fittings. Plus you get a $20 gift card for free.

Free is good and what's not to like about an extra $20 to spend?

So I show up and met with Neal their Edel fitter. Over the next 45 minutes, I realize why I've been looking all the time for a new putter. I should have gotten fitted a long time ago.

The Edel system really makes fitting to your putting style easy. Instead of making changes to your putting stroke, they put together a putter that pleases your eye and is aimed where you're looking.

I ended up with an Anser style head, 34 inches, round grip, 66 lie, 3 degrees loft, 325 grain head S2 hosel, 110 grains counter weight and no aim lines. That last part surprised me. We tried lines on the flange and every time I would aim left. With no lines, I was dead center. Go figure.

I'm very excited about this new putter and can't wait for it to arrive. GG said it would take 3-4 weeks to arrive. I hope it gets here sooner!

Look forward to seeing pics and hearing about this putter when you get it in hand.

I've always wanted to go through a putter fitting. I'm sure I'd be amazed at how far off I am with my aim alone. Good luck with it!

The Edel system really makes fitting to your putting style easy. Instead of making changes to your putting stroke, they put together a putter that pleases your eye and is aimed where you're looking.
Well .... DUH!

I did the same thing a couple months ago. The fitting is eye opening but one of the best things that doesn't show up in the fitting is the confidence you have on the course knowing that your putter is aiming where you want it to. I don't stand over the putt for nearly as long trying to line up either.

I went through a quick version of this fitting with my buddy who is a golf pro at Golf Galaxy. He had me lined up perfectly within 10 minutes. It is amazing how adding or subtracting an alignment line on the club head or changing the position of the line can change the way I aimed the putter. The laser/mirror is simple but pure genius. My buddy said he has fit a dozen people in the last month and none of them were aiming the putter any closer than a few inches of the target before they were fitted. The biggest revelation was I needed more loft, I never thought I was de-lofting the face but evidently I do. Overall it was the best putter fitting I've gone through and I'm going to go through a full fitting and get one of these putters for myself and have my wife buy it for me as a Christmas gift. I'm also going to bring in a few of my favorite putters and have their loft and lie adjusted.

Sounds like a great offer, free fitting plus $20, that's a win/win all the way around!

Got the putter a week ago and only had 2 opportunities to take it to the practice green during lunch. My first impression was "this sucker is heavy"! I'm still trying to get use to it. My aim is much better but distance control is still not there.

I will post pics once this rain stops for a while.

So far I am very impressed with the quality and feel. I think I'm going to put several of my putter up for sale soon. :)

I just got my EDEL putter! Need putting with it on my practice pads from 11 feet. I was wondering when I did the fitting and ordered it if it was a wise decision. Not any longer, this putter feels and putts amazing!

Glad you found something you like.
Welcome to THP.

I just got my EDEL putter! Need putting with it on my practice pads from 11 feet. I was wondering when I did the fitting and ordered it if it was a wise decision. Not any longer, this putter feels and putts amazing!
Post up a pic. Would love to see what you have there. I have only seen a few Edel putters and have liked them.

I just got mine about 6 weeks ago. What a sweet putter, it rolls soooo nice. Here's some pics... Sorry still trying to figure out how to make the pics show up instead of having to click.

Attachments

• Edel1.jpg
    Edel1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 0
  • Edel2.jpg
    Edel2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Edel3.jpg
    Edel3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Edel4.jpg
    Edel4.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Edel5.jpg
    Edel5.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 0
Thats a gorgeous putter! I am going to have to find a place to fet fitted!

Very nice mix alot. I'm definitely intrigued by these putters.

I bet it's great, confidence on the green is the key to low scores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a putter-a-holic as well! I have had my edel for over a year now. Set up and alignment are right on, only issue was that it is a little on the light side for me. Still love it, enjoy!

Just got fitted for Edel Putter

I'm a fan of the edel putters with the little time I've spent rolling them. That pixel face insert feels great and puts a good roll on the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great looking putter! I know you will love it even more when you see your putts per game drop like I did!!
The confidence I have when I setup to the ball is through the roof these days with my Edel

IMG_1806.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

Back