Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now think I want an XR pro driver, XR pro 4 wood and an 18* apex utility iron.

What part of Co? Weather finally looks promising starting tomorrow. Bring your clubs and there will be a few of us willing to tee it up with ya :)

I just looked at the weather Mon and Tues look good. We are driving down Sunday to visit family in Boulder and Louisville. I would love to get out and play. Very much full on winter here.

GBB 10.5
GBB 3w
GBB heavenwood
GBB divine9
Apex 5hy
Apex cf16 6-AW
MD3 54W/60W
Something #7ish...hopefully 777

I just looked at the weather Mon and Tues look good. We are driving down Sunday to visit family in Boulder and Louisville. I would love to get out and play. Very much full on winter here.
Man the snow was all melted but now it's coming down again. If we get it to stop soon and have warm couple days, Tuesday might be best bet. I hope we get a round in

GBB 10.5
GBB 3w
GBB heavenwood
GBB divine9
Apex 5hy
Apex cf16 6-AW
MD3 54W/60W

You're ponder will soon be reality.

I'm jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GBB 10.5
GBB 3w
GBB heavenwood
GBB divine9
Apex 5hy
Apex cf16 6-AW
MD3 54W/60W

O man, that may work well

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm kind of in a weird spot right now. I'm still pondering an easy to hit 4 hybrid (I hear the X2Hot calling my name), given that I've never really hit hybrids well. Aside from that... I'm not pondering too much. I know maybe a newer driver might give me a few more yards but I'm hitting the driver in my bag better than anything else I've tried. Likewise with irons, the new upcoming offerings from W/S and Cobra have me really intrigued, but are they going to really be any better for the money I'll pay for them?

It's a tough call. I have $150 in Golfsmith gift cards burning a hole in my pocket right now, but I'm really not sure what I could pick up that would give me noticeable difference on the course, or more confidence.

King LTD hit my local store today. Tons of exposure, hidden in the back of the store on a rack with year old Cobra and old Callaway. One of supposedly 13 Nevada Bob's in all of Canada to get them, and the simulator is full of winter parkas.

Really wanting to get some swings with it, so I will be at GolfTown on Thursday, hopefully putting a hurt on the ball.

King LTD hit my local store today. Tons of exposure, hidden in the back of the store on a rack with year old Cobra and old Callaway. One of supposedly 13 Nevada Bob's in all of Canada to get them, and the simulator is full of winter parkas.

Really wanting to get some swings with it, so I will be at GolfTown on Thursday, hopefully putting a hurt on the ball.

It your Nevada Bobs just a small forgotten section at the local sport check?

Bettinardi Inovai 3.0. Loved the look of this from the first pics. If all of my money from tax time isn't used up, I may ask to order one

Bettinardi Inovai 3.0. Loved the look of this from the first pics. If all of my money from tax time isn't used up, I may ask to order one
I really really really want to roll the center shaft version.

PayPal Funds + CPO BOGO Deal = I want some Apex UT's for no real reason.

It your Nevada Bobs just a small forgotten section at the local sport check?

Yessir it is. They had BB at launch, XR at launch.... but then just got V-Series about 3 months ago. Asked about GBB, "maybe in the spring"

I hate being in the middle of nowhere. We will never get a Golftown, or a decent shop that carries product.

Yessir it is. They had BB at launch, XR at launch.... but then just got V-Series about 3 months ago. Asked about GBB, "maybe in the spring"

I hate being in the middle of nowhere. We will never get a Golftown, or a decent shop that carries product.

Usually Bobs is all last years gear and Ram and other off brands here with a wall of 8 sets of irons that are all sgi.

I would have thought Brandon had a Golf Town. I hate how they destroyed the Canadian golf shops.

Usually Bobs is all last years gear and Ram and other off brands here with a wall of 8 sets of irons that are all sgi.

I would have thought Brandon had a Golf Town. I hate how they destroyed the Canadian golf shops.

2 GT in Winnipeg, none in Brandon. I think 1 in Regina.

Their selection is really weird here. Not really a piece of junk gear in the place, but a simulator you can never use because it is full of other store product like bikes or coats. They finally got a ton of G30 stuff, but also got G25 (i think) on the same day. Full Rack of Vapor drivers, Brand new TM stuff, but Callaway and Cobra is very short supply.

I wanted to hit the King Ltd today (there actually was one done up ready to hit), but the Sim was full of junk, and when I asked the manager said maybe in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
2 GT in Winnipeg, none in Brandon. I think 1 in Regina.

Their selection is really weird here. Not really a piece of junk gear in the place, but a simulator you can never use because it is full of other store product like bikes or coats. They finally got a ton of G30 stuff, but also got G25 (i think) on the same day. Full Rack of Vapor drivers, Brand new TM stuff, but Callaway and Cobra is very short supply.

I wanted to hit the King Ltd today (there actually was one done up ready to hit), but the Sim was full of junk, and when I asked the manager said maybe in a could weeks.

The manager is an idiot.

After seeing Jacqui's new clubs from Callaway pre-owned, I am officially pondering either Big Bertha or XR irons, X2Hot hybrids and fairways, and a Big Bertha driver.

Well I have a BB driver, XR hybrids and fairways coming on Tuesday.

Just pondering on the XR or X2Hot irons and whenever Callaway Pre-Owned puts them on special.

Just pondering on the XR or X2Hot irons and whenever Callaway Pre-Owned puts them on special.

Nice pick up. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Black Friday deal. DawgDaddy will keep the deal of the day thread jumping to keep your eyes open.

I honestly was thinking the same thing on the irons... or see if I can snag a set of Apex that I want. Unsure if X2Hot irons would be a very short lived experiment for me or not.

the 58* MD3 W-grind in the marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back