Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

That's the plan for now! I'd be shocked if you didn't like them.

I liked the Older ones, just never pulled the trigger on them. They usually have a nice weight/feel to them and most have said really good things about these.

Vokey SM6 Wedges

Vokey SM6 Wedges

Awesome, congrats! Any particular reason why you chose the M grind for both? Just curious because I thought that was the grind better suited for versatility around the greens, at the expense of performance on full swings.

So I got a little lucky. The rep happened to be there and fit me for them compared to my SM4s and wear patterns.

Previous setup:

60.04 (technically L grind)
56.08 (closest sole to M grind)
52.08 (F grind basically)

Playing mainly in Ohio I would say most decent courses are fairly soft until August. Also taking into consideration very tightly cut courses I typically play.

I prefer very low bounce as you can tell which really contradicts the kind of course conditions I'm usually experiencing. (Softish) I almost went with S in the 60, M in the 56 and F in the 52. However, when I compared the soles and actual grinds on the new SM6s the rep agreed that trying to match as close to what I had in the SM4s was a good idea. Thus the M grinds in 60/56. One thing to note, I decided to get away from extremely low bounced wedges. My setup is as follows:

60.08 M Grind
56.08 M Grind
52.08 F Grind (ordered)

More versatility around the greens, and more forgiving bounce (08) as opposed to (04) in my lob to accommodate softer conditions of Ohio. Steel grey was the best option for my eyes. The rep told me the black would wear as it doesn't have a coating like the steel or raw. The raw was just a little too shiny for my liking. These things are beautiful! Almost hate to hit em.
(Who am I kidding? can't wait to hit em)
935c27e515f8f30c3611c37c3dd5d3b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Tried my hand at removing and adding in a custom paintfill with the new ones I had made.

cPMdAdK.jpg

Very Nice!

I saw these in Golfsmith today & I liked the slightly different shape from SM5s.

All of the colors look great. Still think I prefer the black, though.

So I got a little lucky. The rep happened to be there and fit me for them compared to my SM4s and wear patterns.

Previous setup:

60.04 (technically L grind)
56.08 (closest sole to M grind)
52.08 (F grind basically)

Playing mainly in Ohio I would say most decent courses are fairly soft until August. Also taking into consideration very tightly cut courses I typically play.

I prefer very low bounce as you can tell which really contradicts the kind of course conditions I'm usually experiencing. (Softish) I almost went with S in the 60, M in the 56 and F in the 52. However, when I compared the soles and actual grinds on the new SM6s the rep agreed that trying to match as close to what I had in the SM4s was a good idea. Thus the M grinds in 60/56. One thing to note, I decided to get away from extremely low bounced wedges. My setup is as follows:

60.08 M Grind
56.08 M Grind
52.08 F Grind (ordered)

More versatility around the greens, and more forgiving bounce (08) as opposed to (04) in my lob to accommodate softer conditions of Ohio. Steel grey was the best option for my eyes. The rep told me the black would wear as it doesn't have a coating like the steel or raw. The raw was just a little too shiny for my liking. These things are beautiful! Almost hate to hit em.
(Who am I kidding? can't wait to hit em)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, great explanation. Have fun with them!

Saw the steel gray in person today. Wow. Talk about my new absolute favorite finish ever.

These are on my radar but for a 50 degree. Not sure about the grind

I ordered mine today! I went tour chrome 50f, 54s, and 60L!

Last edited:
Looked at these today-especially the 50 in the F grind. That's my next wedge.

Got these in the store yesterday. They sure are pretty.

Was fit into these today, took a dozen or so swings and fell in love immediately. Now to pick out the finish I want.

The steel grey is a very nice finish! Saw then in hand at my course and I was impressed

Went to golfsmith today to buy these and couldnt decide between the steel gray and the matte black..

Was fit into these today, took a dozen or so swings and fell in love immediately. Now to pick out the finish I want.

What was the best fit for you? Did you decide on the finish to get?

For those playing a 54* or a 56*, did anyone ( besides Pkorf) get fit into the M grind or find it to work the best? I play in firm conditons most of the time so I guess its my best bet.

These wedges just look fantastic, I'll pick up a 58 in the L-Grind soon for a test drive.

For those playing a 54* or a 56*, did anyone ( besides Pkorf) get fit into the M grind or find it to work the best? I play in firm conditons most of the time so I guess its my best bet.

In my experience, whether or not to bag an M grind is really based on how you use the wedge. If you use this loft wedge for mainly full swings I wouldn't recommend it.. but if you want a versatile wedge that you often open up, it is perfect. I had a 56* M grind SM5 last year and really only used it for full shots and it would sometimes just dig and chunk a huge divot so this year I opted for the F or S grind that offered a more stable sole. But, that being said, I don't open my 56, I only open my 60* The M grind is a VERY popular / tried and true grind... but with any grind, just make sure it fits your swing/ need.

What was the best fit for you? Did you decide on the finish to get?

They recommended 54.10 S grind +1/2" wedge flex and 58.04 L grind +1/2" wedge flex. I'm leaning towards the slate gray, but might go with the black, won't make the final decision until I put the order in later this month.

Thinking back on my fitting, and comparing them to my current wedges, these are night and day and really stood out performance-wise.

This is not on the SM6 but the SM5 I found out that the M grind works better for me because when I pitch(40-50 yards) I usually have an open stance and the S grind that I have doesn't work as well on an open stance but more toward a square stance. Plus is you open the club much on any shot, the M grind will be a better option IMHO

In my experience, whether or not to bag an M grind is really based on how you use the wedge. If you use this loft wedge for mainly full swings I wouldn't recommend it.. but if you want a versatile wedge that you often open up, it is perfect. I had a 56* M grind SM5 last year and really only used it for full shots and it would sometimes just dig and chunk a huge divot so this year I opted for the F or S grind that offered a more stable sole. But, that being said, I don't open my 56, I only open my 60* The M grind is a VERY popular / tried and true grind... but with any grind, just make sure it fits your swing/ need.

This is not on the SM6 but the SM5 I found out that the M grind works better for me because when I pitch(40-50 yards) I usually have an open stance and the S grind that I have doesn't work as well on an open stance but more toward a square stance. Plus is you open the club much on any shot, the M grind will be a better option IMHO

I haven't hit the SM6, but have the SM5 in 54-S and 58-M. I don't have an issue with hitting full shots with my 58, but I'm pretty shallow (aka small divot) with my wedges. I don't try to open the 54 around the greens, that's what the 58 is for, except for when I need to hit a longer bunker shot. Before deciding on those grinds, I traded tweets with the Vokey Wedges account on Twitter, and they suggested the M over the S for a grind where the club would be opened up to play shots around the greens.

I haven't hit the SM6, but have the SM5 in 54-S and 58-M. I don't have an issue with hitting full shots with my 58, but I'm pretty shallow (aka small divot) with my wedges. I don't try to open the 54 around the greens, that's what the 58 is for, except for when I need to hit a longer bunker shot. Before deciding on those grinds, I traded tweets with the Vokey Wedges account on Twitter, and they suggested the M over the S for a grind where the club would be opened up to play shots around the greens.

Yes! that is what I was getting at. Both grinds are amazing, just depends on what type of shot you are looking for and if you dig or sweep!

I have a 58 s grind SM5 that I don't think I ever used with the face square much. Never had a single issue with it.

Thanks for all the comments guys.... Much appreciated.

Is the coating like PXG clubs? I really like the black, but will it last?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back