Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

I know they're not "released" for another week or so but does anyone have any further thoughts on these from testing or range days?

I know they're not "released" for another week or so but does anyone have any further thoughts on these from testing or range days?
THP is headed out to Cali and will be getting a first hand run down of the new wedges from Titleist. Should be am interesting one to hear about either all the clamor surrounding these.

These are incredibly soft. I had a chance to hit my buddy's SM6 Titleist sent him and noticed they had a much softer feel off the face than my current FG Tour offerings. They sent him a set of the black wedges and they look amazing. Even better with stamping/paint fill.

Im looking forward to seeing these in hand really really soon

I have hit these a handful of times at an outdoor range and really liked the feel and performance I was getting. I will be ordering a set... I just haven't got around to it yet!

Like I said above, I tried them all and I couldn't get the same "feel" my Mizuno's had.
I could not hit the SM6's at all.
I went back this weekend and tried all the new Mizuno Blue ION S5 wedges and they were a much better fit for me.
I ordered three on the spot.
Not only cheaper but more importantly ~ better performing.

I have been playing vokeys for years I would like to try others but I am not ready for new one yet

Move from my ORKA tour wedges that DUG big time, the new SM6 are pure class and spin for fun and offer great feel and control #MoneyWellSpent

I had mine custom built with rifle shafts to match the irons :) happy days bring on the summer UK greens

for info went 50,54,58 (thinking 70yrds, 85yrds and 100 yrds) easy swings and controlled

These are incredibly soft. I had a chance to hit my buddy's SM6 Titleist sent him and noticed they had a much softer feel off the face than my current FG Tour offerings. They sent him a set of the black wedges and they look amazing. Even better with stamping/paint fill.

I have to agree Girard. I ordered myself a set before even hitting them because I've been playing vokey's since the sm4's. I finally got to demo them yesterday at a demo day and I have to say they definitely feel a bit softer than the 5's. I swung the 60* and the 50* and I really enjoyed what I saw and felt. All three of the finish options look fantastic but I'm glad I went with the black finish. I'm really really excited for mine to come in and spend sometime outside with them.

Mine just showed up today. Looking forward to getting these on the course. They look fantastic!

I've been shopping around online for these. I may find myself with an order in sooner than later! Can't wait to check yours out Hox!

I've been shopping around online for these. I may find myself with an order in sooner than later! Can't wait to check yours out Hox!

Thursday at sim league. I will be out early to do some outside short game work(weather permitting). If you can make it out

Need to find some time this week at lunch to head to the nearby mom and pop shop to see if they have these in yet so I can take a few swings and (assuming everything goes well) place an order for a 50, 56 and 60.

Look forward to how the weight has moved around. Will be replacing my 56 and 50 in the next 6-9 months, so be interested to hear how they work in the longer wedges.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Vokey SM6 Wedges

Vokey SM6 Wedges

Hit these again today. The truly do feel different than the SM5 I was hiting side by side. The 46* wedge was a real joy to hit. Don't think I would replace a set PW for it but could see why a lot of folks have done just that. First time I spend some time with a non set PW and I liked it.

50F grind, 54S grind and 60K grind would be the way I'd go with these.

Alright, I am ordering these this afternoon and have hit them multiple times. I know I am getting an 50 F grind, but am going back and forth about going F or S in the 54. I use these for full swings, and square low checking shots around the greens... I was originally set on F, but I am now leaning towards the S. I don't plan on ever opening up the 54... I only open my 60 around the green.

What do you guys think?

Alright, I am ordering these this afternoon and have hit them multiple times. I know I am getting an 50 F grind, but am going back and forth about going F or S in the 54. I use these for full swings, and square low checking shots around the greens... I was originally set on F, but I am now leaning towards the S. I don't plan on ever opening up the 54... I only open my 60 around the green.

What do you guys think?

Sounds like the F or S. Go hit them both. The S will be more versatile around the greens but the F better on full shots.

Swung by my local shop to see if they would be getting demos in that I could take to the course to try, to no avail. Anyone know of any big box shops that do this type of thing? I need to hit these on the course before pulling the trigger, and don't want to wait until late April for the local Titleist demo day.

I saw these in person today and they look amazing. Ive only been playing a 50* and a 58* for ages. I think im going to get a 56* and a 62* to go with my 50*. The idea of the 62 is to not have to open the face. I dont have a great history of open face shots... The black looks great but i reckon im going to go with the steel grey... Not long now..

I really like that they went with a higher bounce grind on the highest lofted wedge. Their 62 or 64 also had an aggressive grind (T most recently) which really did not perform well for me on full shots or even some of the square faced shots I play. A big reason I play a 62/64 is so I do not have to open the face to hit a high, soft shot. Having the M grind on the 62* made me very happy - on order already.

I'll be picking mine up today after work. I'm really excited. I'll have some in hand pictures tonight.

Tried my hand at removing and adding in a custom paintfill with the new ones I had made.

cPMdAdK.jpg

I really want to see the steel gray in hand.

Tried my hand at removing and adding in a custom paintfill with the new ones I had made.

cPMdAdK.jpg

Looking good, enjoy your wedges.

Back