Dustin Johnson - Free Agent

Following up on this tangent; it drives me crazy when a company/store offers a ton of no-charge upgrade shafts but doesn't have them in the fitting carts.

agree 100%

He goes to a smaller company and is their main guy getting all their attention.

I think he will stay at TM. They just seam to fit him i reckon. But i dont really know how these things work.

My gut says Nike, but I really think he stays at TM.

I think he stays with TM, unless they decide they don't want him. It's not like they don't have star power in Jason Day, though Sergio isn't getting any younger, and with Justin Rose as their other Tour presence that gives them no Americans if they ship off DJ. If he does leave TM, I think he winds up with Nike. Can't see anyone sinking the kind of money he's asking into him. Honestly, what has he done to warrant that money? Three putt his way out of a Major?

11 top 10s in 21 events
4 top 10s in his last 5 events
1 win
Top 10 in 3 out of 4 majors including an epic runner up.

Man if that is not a decent year, then I am not sure what is.
But ... he hasn't shown he can close out the big one yet. Second place is the first loser after all. If he wants to be paid like Spieth, he needs to play like Spieth. Right?

This is a list of the main OEMs for the top OWGR 100. A few may have switched since the list was compiled but in general, it is pretty accurate.
Nike is smaller than I thought here. I can see them going after DJ.

Titleist28
Callaway21
TaylorMade15
Ping10
Srixon/Cleveland10
Nike7
Bridgestone2
Mizuno2
Wilson Staff2
Cobra1
Parsons1
Adams1

Dustin Johnson - Free Agent

I think Nike would be a viable option as they have the funds. Cleveland/Srixon has made a push with their short game campaign. DJ is known for his distance so I don't know if that will fit into their marketing.

Callaway would be nice and would add to thier Distance profile.

I just see him fitting well in Nike clothing. Fits his style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder when that announcement will be?
Me too, it's definitely an interesting topic, but unpredictable. I've signed as an athlete with different brands over the years, and for me, it came down to who I got along with the best. Money was never the deal breaker. But for these guys, I would imagine that is a large part of it, because they can adapt to most any clubs. Don't ever discount the relationships though, because connections are huge...

I can't see TM letting DJ go. DJ and Sergio are the two I think of when I think TM.

I've come across a few rumors that TMAG will not be renewing contracts with Dustin Johnson or Jason Day. Anyone else hear/read anything similar?

I've come across a few rumors that TMAG will not be renewing contracts with Dustin Johnson or Jason Day. Anyone else hear/read anything similar?
I can't imagine them not reaching an agreement with JD right now after that season

I can't imagine them not reaching an agreement with JD right now after that season

I haven't heard anything about Day's contract either. I would think he'd be under contract or info would be out about him being a free agent. Maybe there is, I haven't done any searching on whether he's a free agent currently.

I haven't heard anything about Day's contract either. I would think he'd be under contract or info would be out about him being a free agent. Maybe there is, I haven't done any searching on whether he's a free agent currently.
Oh I have absolutely zero knowledge on the matter haha just my guess with Day playing so well, he'd stay with them.

I was totally thinking about this thread today. It'll be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Billy Horschel a free agent? He recently starting following Bob Parsons and PXG on twitter.

Any word yet or will we see come spring?

Any word yet or will we see come spring?

I think most legacy contracts before the wraparound season started ended at the end of the calendar year. My guess you see DJ in PXG gear at the Hyundai ToC.

I'll reiterate TMAG.

The buzz about a PXG deal is really interesting, and hard to argue. I also still think its TMAG, but I'm hoping Cobra gets him!

I don't know who is going where but I hope Cobra picks up a few players. They make great equipment but really need more exposure from more pros playing their equipment.

Chances DJ stays with Adidas clothing, but goes to PXG for clubs?

Chances DJ stays with Adidas clothing, but goes to PXG for clubs?

I could see this happening with the rumblings that Adidas wanted to seperate from TM in some capacity

What about Bridgestone? They have a couple of bombers on the books already with DLIII and Boom Boom... Throw him a B330 and a set of J15 MB's and he'd be killing it!
Also, I think a UA/PXG combo has merit...

Back