Dustin Johnson - Free Agent

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So the rumors are out there that DJ has spoken to (through agent) other companies as his contract with TaylorMade was through the 2015 season. His price tag is a bit high for someone that has allegedly had some personal demons, but he is one of the few out there that some believe move the needle.

So, where do you think he goes? Or do you think he stays put with TaylorMade Golf?

My bet is that he either stays with TMAG or goes to Nike or Cobra.

I think Callaway would chomp at the bit to get him. Fits into their branding model I think....having a big hitter would be huge and a nice steal from TM.

I could see Nike making him an offer. They have spent $$ in the past, and have stuck with other athletes that have had some character issues in the past.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

I think Callaway fits for him with the "Kings of Distance" theme

I think the only company that could afford him is Nike. I would love to see him go to Callaway but I don't think they will want to pay him what he's probably asking for.

Or Under Armour could make a move and really push the needle for them.

I think Callaway is a logical fit, but I don't think they go after him.

My bet is Nike

I bet he stays with TM. I don't really see him as a Nike guy. Callaway would work for him with him being a big hitter and all. Don't see Cobra adding him, probably too much $ for Titleist.

Sleeper pick: Srixon. He's had Cleveland wedges in and out of the bag in recent years.

Nike makes sense. Might by too much for Cobra. Darkhorse is PXG

I could see Nike making him an offer. They have spent $$ in the past, and have stuck with other athletes that have had some character issues in the past.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

They have no problem sponsoring Vick so DJ's demons are a drop in the bucket.

He's only going to go somewhere else for big $$$. I'd say he either stays at TM or goes to Nike if they are willing to throw the cash at him.

Nike. Head to toe Volt. Get it done!

Dustin Johnson - Free Agent

I can't imagine anyone other than Nike .

He'll probably end up back with TMAG and this sounds like a agent doing what agents do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He screams Nike to me. I wouldn't mind seeing him move to UA, though. Very interested in his club choices.

I think the only company that could afford him is Nike. I would love to see him go to Callaway but I don't think they will want to pay him what he's probably asking for.

Or Under Armour could make a move and really push the needle for them.

This would be very interesting...probably allow him to continue to play whatever clubs/ball he wants while making a few bucks on a clothing deal.

He screams Nike to me. I wouldn't mind seeing him move to UA, though. Very interested in his club choices.

If he moved to UA I can't imagine anything other than titleist.

maybe RockBottomGolf?

I honestly think the DJ looks like he would be a Nike guy or even go the Titliest route with a little Under Armour combo!

Considering Spieth personally requested DJ as a partner for Presidents Cup I wonder if there will be any convos between the two about his intent.

I like the UA sentiments. Even though Jordan doesn't do anything from the "athletic" perspective, DJ could really help to further push their apparel portion and do some neat stuff for their workout gear. Problem is that UA doesn't do clubs so an enormous issue there finding another club OEM that'll accept the UA terms.

Bombtech will sign him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd love to see Callaway on his bag, but that's just me being a homer.

My first thought was Nike. A dark horse for me is Ping. Bubba can't be cheap and they already put up with his antics. Somehow I could see DJ doing turbolator commercials and Ping having two very high profile long bombers, one from each side of the plate as it were.

I honestly see Nike taking the checkbook out and making a run at him.

I don't know that Callaway needs him, and it seems TM is too dense to realize that they DO need him.

Bombtech will sign him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Problem is he'll never get his clubs even though he was promised they were shipped multiple times.

Back