Callaway "Tour Grind" MD2 Wedges.. Info?

JimmyG

Reaction score
Handicap
Just saw on twitter.

All I can say is YES PLEASE!

Info?

no more "designed by Roger Cleveland"

what makes it a tour grind?

Yeah, saw that too! Although I wish they'd come out with a "hacker grind". LOL.... I could use that for easy chips and pitches around the green. LOL

no more "designed by Roger Cleveland"

what makes it a tour grind?

*R* design signifies the same thing.

Maybe just a grind that is commonly performed for their tour players, so bringing retail?

*R* design signifies the same thing.

Maybe just a grind that is commonly performed for their tour players, so bringing retail?

Oh I understand that. I just always thought it was funny they threw his full name on the Mack Daddy 2 wedges.

Oh I understand that. I just always thought it was funny they threw his full name on the Mack Daddy 2 wedges.

Much cleaner this way.

I can only assume putting his name on the MD2 wedges was just a nice way to give him credit. Couldn't call them Clevelands like Titleist Vokeys.

My first thought was wondering if this was a result of legal action from another company that has rights to his name.

My first thought was wondering if this was a result of legal action from another company that has rights to his name.

I would imagine it was.

I have had my eye on the MD2's since they came out, just need to figure out loft and finish I want....and have some disposable income available :)

I think there was a lawsuit my guess is that this is the result

According to Roger Cleveland "Sweet Feel. Spin, Control. That's it"

The Kings of Distance guys hit them well tonight, so they have to be good!

Well I am a big fan of My MD2s. My guess would be the name and legal issue.

When I think distance, I think tour grind wedges.

Its a 1020 steel head that is more of an X Forged shaped head and has a straighter leading edge. It also has more heel and toe removed so that the face can be held open and the bounce is pretty much taken out of the equation. For right now it is a Tour-Only model.

Was it me or did they look a touch smaller than the other MD2's

Not sure. They did look good though.

I like the paint fill! Looks interesting for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

MD2's continue to be some of the prettiest wedges out there, and the tour design is no different. I like the paint fill.

Same head. Less bounce and a modified C Grind. They aren't smaller.

I never thought it strange at all to see his name on the wedges. His name is Roger Cleveland and he designed the wedges. Scotty Cameron has his name on putters from his time as an unknown, to CGI, to his time with Mizuno and then Titleist. Bob Vokey has had his name on wedges for years.

Back