Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Review Thread

Solid numbers like you said, big difference in toe forgiveness (I know you said they werent as good as other options)?

Yea they aren't going to be nearly as forgiving as some others and I think a little thing I posted in the 2014 BB thread showed that pretty well. I will just have to concentrate more :comp::golf:

Such a great set. As far as looks they are still one of my favorites.

I really want a set of these with the KBS Tour R just for kicks/backup set. I've always loved the looks and feel, and the forgiveness isn't bad considering what they are. Plus they're running real cheap right now.

Thread bump, these are on the brain big time right now. Would love to have a set as a backup, as I said back in December. They're just so damn sessy.

Thread bump, these are on the brain big time right now. Would love to have a set as a backup, as I said back in December. They're just so damn sessy.

They are easy on the eyes and pretty useful tools as well. Great ponder.

They are easy on the eyes and pretty useful tools as well. Great ponder.

Yep. I've just always wanted to have a set, because I've always admired their looks.

I always silently ponder these. For me though I found them to be very short so I never pulled the trigger.

I was given a set of combo fg62 and v2 to try. I love those v2s. Currently looking in ebay for a used set, but hard to find

I was given a set of combo fg62 and v2 to try. I love those v2s. Currently looking in ebay for a used set, but hard to find

I saw a used set at PGA SS, but they were in pretty rough shape. I think they were asking $225.

Just got a set of C-Taper Lite's to throw in my V2's. I am looking forward to having these in the bag for at least a few rounds this year.

Just got a set of C-Taper Lite's to throw in my V2's. I am looking forward to having these in the bag for at least a few rounds this year.

Sounds like a great combo dude.

Just picked up a set with the stock KBS shafts. They look to be in excellent shape and going to give them a go stock first. If I don't get along with the shafts, I will pull my soft stepped X100s from by J33 heads and try those out. Anyone still gaming these?

Just picked up a set with the stock KBS shafts. They look to be in excellent shape and going to give them a go stock first. If I don't get along with the shafts, I will pull my soft stepped X100s from by J33 heads and try those out. Anyone still gaming these?
I still have a set but I am enjoying playing SGI irons at the moment. I will likely break them out again later in the year when my swing is a little more polished.

I still occasionally play them Mango.

I hit the 7 iron of these again at the shop last night in stiff flex and remembered why I've always loved them. Couple yards shorter than the Z-Star but the feel is unreal, and with a draw I'm still able to get a solid 160 out of the 7 iron. I always tell myself I'll pick a set up if I find them crazy cheap, but it hasn't happened yet.

Love these.....still.

Been a Wilson Staff fanboy since I started playing in 2008.

My first set was the Di9's. Loved these and their silly strong lofts. PW at 42,5'! Thought I was a bomber at the time!

Moved on to a used set of Pi7's, which I bought for $120 off the bay back in 2011. Been gaming them ever since. DG R300.

Last winter I bought a new set of M3's with the XP95 S300 shafts, also off the bay for $240. Didn't like the feel of these shafts at all, way too light, throwing me off rhythm. Also, the offset and overall chunkiness was not pleasing to mine eye. So I stuck with the Pi7's last season as well.

Always had a crush on the V2's, but they are not easy to come by around here. Got a glimpse of them up close for the first time, on a golf break in Turkey earlier this month - such beauts!

Randomly searched the bay for clubs yesterday and stumbled upon a set of 4-P, brand spanking new with KBS Tour R shafts. Seller was asking $280 - got him down to $230 and pulled the trigger!

Never hit a KBS shaft before, so this should be fun!

Been a Wilson Staff fanboy since I started playing in 2008.

My first set was the Di9's. Loved these and their silly strong lofts. PW at 42,5'! Thought I was a bomber at the time!

Moved on to a used set of Pi7's, which I bought for $120 off the bay back in 2011. Been gaming them ever since. DG R300.

Last winter I bought a new set of M3's with the XP95 S300 shafts, also off the bay for $240. Didn't like the feel of these shafts at all, way too light, throwing me off rhythm. Also, the offset and overall chunkiness was not pleasing to mine eye. So I stuck with the Pi7's last season as well.

Always had a crush on the V2's, but they are not easy to come by around here. Got a glimpse of them up close for the first time, on a golf break in Turkey earlier this month - such beauts!

Randomly searched the bay for clubs yesterday and stumbled upon a set of 4-P, brand spanking new with KBS Tour R shafts. Seller was asking $280 - got him down to $230 and pulled the trigger!

Never hit a KBS shaft before, so this should be fun!

you will love those. they feel sooo good!

Throwback! The V2 are a classic players CB through and through, and they feel and look great.

Back