Odyssey Putters Thread

It seems like it is going to be a nice blend between the MXM and the ProType.
Yes indeed! I love the fusion rx insert

That's what I was hoping for.

Oh good lord that sounds amazing.
Definitely puts a great roll on the ball. Feel off the face is what you would expect, little firmer than protype ix, little softer than mxm. Sound is definitely more muted then mxm closer to the protype ix

Thinking I need to paint fill my Tank Cruiser. Wanting something different, but have not settled on a color scheme

Definitely puts a great roll on the ball. Feel off the face is what you would expect, little firmer than protype ix, little softer than mxm. Sound is definitely more muted then mxm closer to the protype ix
Not what my wallet wanted to hear. Ugh

Rolled a Tank Cruiser #7 at 35" today at Golftown for 45 mins today, and came away very impressed. Initially went in with my heart set on a MXM 330m.... like I really really wanted one. But just couldn't sink a putt with it.

The Tank Cruiser #7 just felt right, and I haven't had success with counterbalanced stuff previously. Sank a lot of putts, but funny enough I sank more putts with a different putter, so I didn't end up coming home with one.... but am actively searching to see if I can find one on the cheap.

Used the Milled Collection today. After getting adjusted from the practice green (wet grass and not rolled) to the course (rolled and dry), I was able to get a good feel for the club. The feel was slightly firmer than the ProType ix or White Hot Pro inserts, but was softer than the Metal X Milled by a substantial amount. The ball rolled nicely and it seemed that the Metal X texturing on the face gave a smoother roll and the ball came off the face with a bit more speed, about three inches more on a three foot putt. I was pleased and will be taking it out again later this week.

Consistent feel on shots closer to the heel or toe?

Definitely towards the heel, toe hits weren't brutal, but it was hard to control distance if hit towards the toe.

Similar to the mxm in this area?

Very similar to the MXM as far as across the face results, the non HT design keeps the COG a little closer to the heel though.

x3eq1l.jpg

Got the blue shaft and USA Super Stroke and installed everything, need to go pick up another Black/Red grip to go with the red shaft for my Canadian Versa.

x3eq1l.jpg

Got the blue shaft and USA Super Stroke and installed everything, need to go pick up another Black/Red grip to go with the red shaft for my Canadian Versa.

Looking awesome!

Milled Collection arrived today.
2vcz69h.jpg

1ow2ee.jpg

fwpz0z.jpg

If they do a #7 center-shaft, I'm not sure I'd be able to keep myself from buying it. Immediately.

Absolutely stunning

x3eq1l.jpg

Looks sweet. But I would get the White Red grip for the Canadian MXM Versa.

Looks sweet. But I would get the White Red grip for the Canadian MXM Versa.

I started thinking that too, probably won't have the heart to game it, so the grip won't get too dirty.

That's the combo I used minus the red shaft.

Got the whole collection together for a picture with the Milled Collection and Canadian Versa fixed up.
125nwph.jpg

Got the whole collection together for a picture with the Milled Collection and Canadian Versa fixed up.
125nwph.jpg

Very Jealous! I will get there someday.

For those of you who have bought putters from Rakuten - do you use a particular seller? Their site looks really nice but are there any concerns about counterfeit putters?

I'm seeing several flat sticks on there that I'd love to add to the collection but I don't want to get hung with a fake.
Only have dealt with one seller there. G-ZONE. Excellent communication and quick shipping

Just ordered a Tank 2-ball Versa off the Callaway Preowned site with today's 20% off! Looking forward to giving another Tank a chance to make it into my bag!

Back