cnosil

Reaction score
After reading the post about driver height and thinking about the shaft fitting sites that ask about ball height, I was wondering how everyone defines low, medium, and high ball flight.

After reading the post about driver height and thinking about the shaft fitting sites that ask about ball height, I was wondering how everyone defines low, medium, and high ball flight.
Makes you wonder, eh?

Im a low ball hitter, just higher than what I compare to a line drive.

To me low is below 10* launch angle, medium 11-15* and high above 15*

Now as far as what the shaft companies mean when they are talking about shafts that is a different question. Defiantly depends.

Now as far as what the shaft companies mean when they are talking about shafts that is a different question. Defiantly depends.
So what do you call my 5-7* launch angle?

But what about 17 & 1700? Wasn't that supposed to be optimal?

I tend to think I am a high ball hitter. Like a pop-up high, a big arc.. I always have people telling me I should try and change things for a more piercing ball flight.

sounds about right depending on ball speed. I have yet to get my spin that low. I am usually around 15-17 and 2100-2300

I would assume the 1700 is optimal if your ball speed is like 175-185

My 300 yard drive: 150 yards up, and 150 yards forward. Just kidding.

Am I right that the optimal ball height at the apex of trajectory should be 100 feet?

My 300 yard drive: 150 yards up, and 150 yards forward. Just kidding.

Am I right that the optimal ball height at the apex of trajectory should be 100 feet?
Depending on some factors and depending on who you ask but yes that is a decent number to shoot for 90-100

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tour averages remember this is TOUR averages though

490e67252101869a1f873b617f36962a.jpg

Most amateurs have no idea what "high" means. I think most like low because they think it will run out more.

Most amateurs have no idea what "high" means. I think most like low because they think it will run out more.
I have always found that odd as well. In my mind give me all the carry I can have. If I can carry the ball hazards become an afterthought (not all but ones that are shorter than my driving distance). If I am running the ball and trying to weave it around things rather than just go over it seems like more work.

Also when it is soft carry distance doesn't go down

I have always found that odd as well. In my mind give me all the carry I can have. If I can carry the ball hazards become an afterthought (not all but ones that are shorter than my driving distance). If I am running the ball and trying to weave it around things rather than just go over it seems like more work.

Also when it is soft carry distance doesn't go down

Carry travels.

sub optimal
You would be amazed by my tee balls. Massive cut, 7* launch, 260 yards in the fairway just about every time.

Its mesmerizing.

I thought I knew what high was.

Then I saw Gary Woodland hammer drive in Orlando at a Kings of Distance event.

#Mindblown

I thought I knew what high was.

Then I saw Gary Woodland hammer drive in Orlando at a Kings of Distance event.

#Mindblown
I'm sure the sound was staggering.

I'm told I have a high ball flight. What is a high ball flight I don't know but my launch angle is a little over 15 and aoa is around 4.5/5.

I'm told I have a high ball flight. What is a high ball flight I don't know but my launch angle is a little over 15 and aoa is around 4.5/5.
I bet your peak height isn't anything crazy actually. I don't see it on your flightscope screen. But I bet it's not far off from optimal.

Back