Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid Preview

Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid Preview

Had a chance to hit this today. Normally an R flex guy but all they had was the stiff. It was working though. Really easy to launch and had a heavier feel than my hybrids. Very consistent.
f3e04703f919d6b58e6974ae0e294af1.jpg

e5215ade3bbc053f4ff31dff1d633b00.jpg
9ad5379a8cb6363707e7c218c8620782.jpg

e8f0f8b5aedc31d02fac83dbf14288fa.jpg

Had a chance to hit this today. Normally an R flex guy but all they had was the stiff. It was working though. Really easy to launch and had a heavier feel than my hybrids. Very consistent.
f3e04703f919d6b58e6974ae0e294af1.jpg

e5215ade3bbc053f4ff31dff1d633b00.jpg
9ad5379a8cb6363707e7c218c8620782.jpg

e8f0f8b5aedc31d02fac83dbf14288fa.jpg

I need to hit this one. I love the look of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these available to demo at dealers?

The fitting center I went to only had a 3h in stiff. No irons or other hybirds yet.

Looking forward to adding these to the bag. Probably going 4, 5, and 6. I swap out my 6 iron for a 6 hybrid quite a bit.

Can't decide if I want one of these or just get a XR OS.... I really need a 19 Deg Hybrid in the bag. :D

Can't decide if I want one of these or just get a XR OS.... I really need a 19 Deg Hybrid in the bag. :D

I'm in the same boat. Think I'm leaning towards XR OS over steelhead

I'm in the same boat. Think I'm leaning towards XR OS over steelhead

I'm also considering either the XR OS or Steelhead. Why are you leaning towards the XR.....have you hit them both?

I'm also considering either the XR OS or Steelhead. Why are you leaning towards the XR.....have you hit them both?

Haven't hit OS outside only inside on flightscope. At address XR OS just fit my eye a little better than the rest of the hybrids I tried that day. Numbers were what I was looking for in terms was carry and consistency. I've only spoken with two people about steelhead and both said it was longer than XR OS but that's not really what I'm looking for in this particular club. So just thinking I would go with what I've hit and know will accomplish my goal.

Hit this thing so well on the course today. Had a couple of spots where I would normally hit Heavenwood, but instead did this. Flight was lower than that, but man this thing is a rocket launcher. More course time tomorrow, and I can't wait for that.

Hit this thing so well on the course today. Had a couple of spots where I would normally hit Heavenwood, but instead did this. Flight was lower than that, but man this thing is a rocket launcher. More course time tomorrow, and I can't wait for that.

Sooooo jealous

Sounds similar. I knew I wouldnt be alone here. Its not a shape I genuinely love in a hybrid, but as Wake saw when we played, I was hitting this better than I have hit a number of hybrids in the past.

Sounds similar. I knew I wouldnt be alone here. Its not a shape I genuinely love in a hybrid, but as Wake saw when we played, I was hitting this better than I have hit a number of hybrids in the past.
The shape is different for me. Not a huge fan of the crown. But when I set it down I have confidence and the ball flies off the face.

The shape is different for me. Not a huge fan of the crown. But when I set it down I have confidence and the ball flies off the face.

The flight was a bit lower for me in general too, but the ball seemed to just take off.

Have you guys got used to the crown graphics?

Have you guys got used to the crown graphics?

Generally speaking, crown graphics dont bother me, so I am the wrong guy to ask. I am the least mental player out there in terms of how a club looks.

Generally speaking, crown graphics dont bother me, so I am the wrong guy to ask. I am the least mental player out there in terms of how a club looks.

I love crown graphics. Maybe it's the ADHD in me but I'm more comfortable - way more - with them. Just wanted to see what others thought hahaha

Yup. Just like most graphics out there, after some swings they just blend away.

Awesome dude. I need to find this one to get some Grandaddy prep swings in

The flight was a bit lower for me in general too, but the ball seemed to just take off.

Are you hitting 3, 4 or other? F15 shaft? How's the forgiveness and goes it get hooky like a lot of hybrids?

Hoping to make it during their hours. This thread has me wanting to put this directly in the bag ASAP.

f50cee77f140a2fb9105d9e9cf4483a9.jpg

Got to see these in person today at Dick's. I was surprised that they had them, and there were only four, a 3 and 4H in Regular and Stiff. I like the look at address. I have never hit hybrids very well, at least not consistently. But, I'll be giving these a try. They also had two sets of Steelhead irons on display, both in steel; one with hybrids instead of long irons.

I played golf yesterday and ended up getting paired with a guy that works for Callaway. We started talking about all the new clubs and he is very excited about the steelhead clubs. He was also a very good player, he plays XR PRO irons, Apex Hybrid, GBB driver and XR 16 Pro fairway with MAC daddy 3 wedges. He also had a new club in his bag that has not been released yet, I won't go into that but it was nice!!. His house is off the third hole on the course so when we went by he ran into the house and brought us a dozen chrome soft balls and a Steelhead 19* hybo to try. It had an Aldila Rouge Black reg flex shaft.

Third hole is the #1 hncp hole at this course, I hit driver and the Steelhead hybo from 215 pin high and got my only birdy of the day. My buddy and I hit the hybo quite a few times during the round. Very nice club I think my buddy will have one in his bag soon. Good looking club, face is the same as the Apex Hybrid with a slightly larger body. Good feeling club for sure.

What a great guy!!! His wife works for Callaway as well, he really loves working there sounds like a great place to be.

I played golf yesterday and ended up getting paired with a guy that works for Callaway. We started talking about all the new clubs and he is very excited about the steelhead clubs. He was also a very good player, he plays XR PRO irons, Apex Hybrid, GBB driver and XR 16 Pro fairway with MAC daddy 3 wedges. He also had a new club in his bag that has not been released yet, I won't go into that but it was nice!!. His house is off the third hole on the course so when we went by he ran into the house and brought us a dozen chrome soft balls and a Steelhead 19* hybo to try. It had an Aldila Rouge Black reg flex shaft.

Third hole is the #1 hncp hole at this course, I hit driver and the Steelhead hybo from 215 pin high and got my only birdy of the day. My buddy and I hit the hybo quite a few times during the round. Very nice club I think my buddy will have one in his bag soon. Good looking club, face is the same as the Apex Hybrid with a slightly larger body. Good feeling club for sure.

What a great guy!!! His wife works for Callaway as well, he really loves working there sounds like a great place to be.

Care to expand on that other club?? :)

Back