PGA Q-School Results [spoilers]

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Here are the players who got their full PGA Tour cards from PGA Q-School (top 25 players and ties):

PGAQ-School.jpg

Notables Gaining Card:

• Harrison Frazar (shot a 59 in the 4th round of Q-School won medalist honors by 8 strokes.)
  • Notah Begay (teammate of Tiger Woods at Stanford, and PGA Tour wiiner.)
  • James Nitties (from Big Break: Mesquite)
  • Chris Stroud (PING staffer - keeps card)
Notables Not Gaining Card:

• Jason Gore (wow, that is a shocker.)
  • Matt Every (From Big Break: Mesquite)
  • Olin Browne
  • Frank Lickliter II (2007 Q-School Medalist)
  • Jason Day ("I want to take the #1 spot away from Tiger.")
  • Tommy Gainey (Big Break VI and VII - has conditional status via money list)
  • Robert Gamez
  • Mark Brooks (1996 PGA Championship winner)
  • Kevin Stadler (the "Smallrus" - son of Craig "the Walrus" Stadler)

Watched Wil Collins on his final 3 holes. That was q-school, the good side, all in a nutshell. As to the dark side, imagine finishing -18 after 6 rounds of golf and coming up 1 shot short.

Not to many stange things going on this year, just play great golf and you get your card.......

Yeah... I've been rooting for Gore and Stadler since the Fall Series... they just couldnt put it together I guess. I think they both have limited status on the PGA next year. I would guess Stadler will go back to the Nationwide... would Gore?

Wil's par on the 108th....

Wil's par on the 108th....

Watched Wil Collins on his final 3 holes. That was q-school, the good side, all in a nutshell. As to the dark side, imagine finishing -18 after 6 rounds of golf and coming up 1 shot short.

Wil is a good friend of old college teammate (New Mexico) of mine and it's amazing how the guy just somehow has what it takes to get "it" done. He always has just possessed the ability to dig deep and fight. No one will ever say he was blessed with a great golf swing or a perfect putting stroke, but he has exactly what it takes in the most important part of a golfer, between the ears.

It'll be interesting to see how he does next year! He's joining a throng of former Lobo's out on Tour, Spencer Levin Michael Letzig, Kent Jones, Tim Herron, and Tommy Armour III so it will be nice to have a few friendly faces out there.

Here are the players who got their full PGA Tour cards from PGA Q-School (top 25 players and ties):

Notables Gaining Card:

• James Nitties (from Big Break: Mesquite)

Harry,

James Nitties having won a tour card has been on all of the news bulletins over here. Top marks for James having a go & winning a tour card. A couple of years ago he made news at the Australian PGA Championship when he scorched the first round with a 63 or something like that, before falling away in the ensuing days to finish lower down in the top ten. I followed him around on his day 4 round and remember at the time thinking that he showed a lot of promise.

Because we don't get the Golf Channel in Oz, I didn't know he was in a Big Break.

Was that recent?

How did he go?

Guys I got Webb Simpson and Begay in my '09 fantasy golf league, what do u guys think of them and who do u think will emerge in 2009???:act-up:

This probably needs its own thread.

Wil is a good friend of old college teammate (New Mexico) of mine and it's amazing how the guy just somehow has what it takes to get "it" done. He always has just possessed the ability to dig deep and fight. No one will ever say he was blessed with a great golf swing or a perfect putting stroke, but he has exactly what it takes in the most important part of a golfer, between the ears.

It'll be interesting to see how he does next year! He's joining a throng of former Lobo's out on Tour, Spencer Levin Michael Letzig, Kent Jones, Tim Herron, and Tommy Armour III so it will be nice to have a few friendly faces out there.

I TiVo'd the round so I saw the coverage of Wil Collins too. It was great when one of the announcers said [paraphrased to the best of my recollection] "I know we aren't supposed to play favorites, but I don't care. Wil is a South Dakota boy and New Mexico grad and he works hard. I'm rooting for him to make this putt and get his card." And then the other announcers agreed. By the time Collins addressed the ball for his putt, I was rooting for him to. And IIRC, it was a suspenseful putt too.

Harry,

James Nitties having won a tour card has been on all of the news bulletins over here. Top marks for James having a go & winning a tour card. A couple of years ago he made news at the Australian PGA Championship when he scorched the first round with a 63 or something like that, before falling away in the ensuing days to finish lower down in the top ten. I followed him around on his day 4 round and remember at the time thinking that he showed a lot of promise.

Because we don't get the Golf Channel in Oz, I didn't know he was in a Big Break.

Was that recent?

How did he go?

Nitties was on Big Break: Mesquite (as in Mesquite, Nevada) aka Big Break: VIII. He was one of my favorties. A real nice, down to earth guy and good game. I was rooting for him to win BB:VIII and I was happy to see him get his card.

Here is the BB:Mesquite website:
http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.aspx?page=20295

Nitties was on Big Break: Mesquite (as in Mesquite, Nevada) aka Big Break: VIII. He was one of my favorties. A real nice, down to earth guy and good game. I was rooting for him to win BB:VIII and I was happy to see him get his card.

Thanks Harry.

I look forward to seeing how James Nitties does on the tour next year. He's playing in the Australian Open this weekend, so he must've jumped on a plane as soon as qualifying finished. Hope the guy's not too jetlagged. :comp:

Thanks Harry.

I look forward to seeing how James Nitties does on the tour next year. He's playing in the Australian Open this weekend, so he must've jumped on a plane as soon as qualifying finished. Hope the guy's not too jetlagged. :comp:

Brad-

These worked at one time, but I'm not sure if they still do (I'm in the process of downloading Episode 1 to see if it works.) Anyway, the entire BB:Mesquite season in mp4 format:

episode 1
episode 2
episode 3
episode 4
episode 5
episode 6
episode 7
episode 8
episode 9
episode 10
episode 11
episode 12

EDIT: Okay, I downloaded Episode 1 and it worked. I suggest "Save Target As" (IE) / "Save Link As" (FF) and downloading it directly to your computer. You'll need QuickTime to view it.

That's cool. Thanks Harry, are there others?

That's cool. Thanks Harry, are there others?

I couldn't find any. I've been looking for a way to see BB:V without having to buy the DVD set. ($60 for something I'll only watch once seems excessive - especially when I already know the winner.)

Sounds like a job for ebay.

(EDIT: Or not)

(EDIT EDIT: Nor Amazon)

I'm in the middle of downloading these (episode 8 right now). We'll watch them on the plane next time we go out to Oakland, if we don't watch it sooner (we can watch half going out and half coming back).

Do you have the links for other seasons?

Brad-

These worked at one time, but I'm not sure if they still do (I'm in the process of downloading Episode 1 to see if it works.) Anyway, the entire BB:Mesquite season in mp4 format:

episode 1
episode 2
episode 3
episode 4
episode 5
episode 6
episode 7
episode 8
episode 9
episode 10
episode 11
episode 12

EDIT: Okay, I downloaded Episode 1 and it worked. I suggest "Save Target As" (IE) / "Save Link As" (FF) and downloading it directly to your computer. You'll need QuickTime to view it.

Do you have the links for other seasons?

No, sorry. I think someone just uploaded those to a server. I don't think the other seasons have been uploaded.

Back