DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
where about in VA are you. The guys at Golfdome are good.

Sad I can't make it to play this weekend, but do have a question for the group - who do you recommend for a quality fitting in the area? And what is a typical price for the service? I'm looking to get some new irons and figure I should go all out and do it right.
As emart2173 said Golfdom is good if you are near them.

In addition. If you happen to be leaning toward PING, Wilson Staff or Titleist it would be worth your drive to go to see Brian at Golf Etc in Frederick.

He's one of the best filters around but just works with those thee companies.

I was fit for my D200 by him and several years ago my I5's.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Sad I can't make it to play this weekend, but do have a question for the group - who do you recommend for a quality fitting in the area? And what is a typical price for the service? I'm looking to get some new irons and figure I should go all out and do it right.

If you're in NoVA, I've been fit by Larry at Westfields and Roger at 1757. Larry will definitely put the best clubs in your hands that he can for the swing you bring with you. I'd like to go back to him now that I've got a reasonably repeatable swing just to see what he thinks. Roger was great to work with as well (fit my i20s). He works at the same course as my coach, so went there as he knew what I was working towards. Would recommend either.

Got the stairs done:

temporary_zpssc0g2ww1.jpg

Almost. Need to make new handrails since the old ones were in pretty bad shape.

Oh, and BTTT.

Got the stairs done:

temporary_zpssc0g2ww1.jpg

Almost. Need to make new handrails since the old ones were in pretty bad shape.

Oh, and BTTT.
Pretty handy there good sir!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Pretty handy there good sir!

Thank you, sir! Helps keep the costs of home ownership down. Not that great at cleaning up, though. The sawdust was still on the walk when I came in for the night. Hoping last night's thunderstorm took care of the issue for me.

As emart2173 said Golfdom is good if you are near them.
In addition. If you happen to be leaning toward PING, Wilson Staff or Titleist it would be worth your drive to go to see Brian at Golf Etc in Frederick.

He's one of the best filters around but just works with those thee companies.

I was fit for my D200 by him and several years ago my I5's.

I'm right in Alexandria. Willing to take a drive to get it done right.

Last edited:
I'm right in Alexandria. Willing to take a drive to get it done right.

I would take that drive to either westfields or gofldom. Both have been very good experiences in the past. Both places offer lots of technology for fitting and a good amount of options. Golfdom has a Callaway studio as well.

Fellas ... gotta play hookie from work ... after 12 at Raspberry Falls is $55 to play as many holes as you want.
#9 par 5 240 out .. on in 2 ... 3 wood ... John I didn't miss thus one! LOL
cf8180c9252c1331647648fa47a44413.jpg

0784b02a3e0d494e0d22f8c3962974b7.jpg

ee775611e449e6b8c4dfa712eb45c056.jpg

I got that email as well. Unfortunately I dont see my work schedule allowing it.

Fellas ... gotta play hookie from work ... after 12 at Raspberry Falls is $55 to play as many holes as you want.
#9 par 5 240 out .. on in 2 ... 3 wood ... John I didn't miss thus one! LOL
cf8180c9252c1331647648fa47a44413.jpg

0784b02a3e0d494e0d22f8c3962974b7.jpg

ee775611e449e6b8c4dfa712eb45c056.jpg

Awesome man. What would the drive time be from me? 45 minutes or so...

Beltway to greenway if you want to pay the toll it's faster. You'd be here in 30 35 min

Beltway to greenway if you want to pay the toll it's faster. You'd be here in 30 35 min

Hmm that's not too bad. How long does that deal run for?

I think thru august but I'll double check when I'm done

Anyone going out to RTJ for the Quicken Loans tournament tomorrow? I think I am going to had out tomorrow morning.

Anyone going out to RTJ for the Quicken Loans tournament tomorrow? I think I am going to had out tomorrow morning.
I am heading to DE for the weekend. Enjoy it and post some pics for us

ef4e16d52eaf1824dfb437b48efb060d.jpg

#18 one of favorite holes. #27 for me for the day

You have to play it standing on your head

This thread suddenly got life. Couldn't reply sooner since I was driving. Could have been playing raspberry but nooo.

[movie mode on ]

Why don't nobody never tell me nothin'?

[movie mode off]

Nice work rolling that eagle putt in. That's as many eagle chances in a week as I've had in my life.

BTW, if you can name that movie sans Google you got mad skills!

Last edited:
Sorry you stumped me on that one

0c5f2c7527c93bc8cd6c85e821d95264.jpg

The local wildlife wants to play through

The local wildlife wants to play through

A rat with a white tail. Will probably jump in front of my car on the commute tomorrow.

i might try to make it out to QLN on Sunday..depends on how the weekend goes with some other stuff i have going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back