Freddie help me out!

cwmonroe87

Cherub Face Assassin
Reaction score
I usually play a slight fade off the tee but as of recently I started having a huge slice off the tee with my driver and can't figure out how to get in under control. I tried to get in for some lessons before our April outing but the instructor is booked for a few weeks so I won't be able to see him. The ball flight off the tee is straight then slicing off hard right or sometimes just straight right. I tried a couple differnt drills I thought was helping but didn't really do a whole lot for me. I would appreciate any tips or drills that can get my slice back under control. Thanks Freddie.

Video is private. For me anyways.

Well you are an easy fix. ALIGNMENT....ALIGNMENT. Look at you feet in relations to your shoulders. The ball launches along you foot line and the club moves along your shoulder line. Now that being said, if you get it all going the right direction I do not think it will fix you. But I think it will produce a push instead of a slice.
I would like to see you set up with you feet left of the target and your shoulders on a parallel line to you target. This is will give a fade that you can control. I am not interested in breaking you down but more using what I see you help you play better golf. Lets work on launch direction because you have staying behind the ball down and just need to deliver the club head on a line that will keep you in play and maximize your distance.

Thanks Freddie. I will try and hit the range tomorrow and give you a update.

Back