Titleist Club Fitting Interview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Titleist has launched a club fitting called 30 in 30 and one of the portions of that is what they call the Interview and it is where each golfer works with the fitter in answering questions about the current setup, what works best for them and more.

In this THP TV Inside Look, we bring you what that interview is like and how to be prepared for your fitting.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/30-in-30-titleist-fitting-examined/

Wow! This really well done! Really interesting how they do the "Investigating" of your bags and clubs. Love to have a fitting like that. Great interview Dean!

I love the crime investigation analogy.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Now that was very informative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was really good. The detail and comprehensive nature of the fittings described are incredible. Green to tee for ball fitting makes a ton of sense.

Great interview Dean. I really liked how they go about a fitting. It's great for us that don't want to spend the time and money on lessons and practicing to change our games. They try to look at what your have and help change the game that way.

Great interview. Interesting take about the ball. They fit the ball to the iron, and the driver to the ball.

Love the crime scene analogy. Easy to listen to and understand and a very thorough approach to fitting. If all of their fitters actually go through this entire process, it sounds like the money spent will be worth every penny. Oh and thats the second time I have heard of fitting the ball from the green back. Also love the new graphics at the beginning.

Excellent video & audio quality. Intros are sharp and have to give a shout out to ddec - he's a natural on screen.

I think one of the bigger issues Titleist faces is that of perception. They gain a lot value in my eyes opening themselves up, not being so insulated, and spreading their wealth of knowledge through partnerships such as this one with THP. I hope they embark on a journey to enhance these partnerships and make these videos a regular occurrence. This is right at the top of the favorite vids THP has produced to date.

I shared this on social - but my swing looking like a mass murder scene inside a telephone booth, the investigation analogy hit home. The part about the methodology being fitting ball to the iron, driver to the ball makes a lot of sense and goes to the importance of having the right ball.

One last thing, and I know it's a long shot, but as mentioned before strengthening the partnership between Titleist and THP and Titleist expanding their horizons: I understand that they prefer not to send equipment for forum testing (w/o a fitting) and that makes total sense within their methodology. However, it would definitely be cool to see an event, doesn't have to include free equipment, but one where golfers can be given a tour of the facility and be fit at a TPI, not a Titleist Thursday where there may be more of a time crunch. Feel that could change the perception of insulation that Titleist imo has.

Great interview Dean. What a great discreption of my golf game. A Crime Scene.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

THP and Titleist have a great relationship. We work together with them weekly, discuss and review all of their equipment, etc. An event is not something they would like to do at this time, so I prefer to enjoy what we do have with them, and celebrate the companies that want to engage directly with THPers through that avenue.

Great Interview!

I especially enjoyed then ball talk and like their approach in that regard. It's nice to see Titleist opening the doors a little bit.

Solid interview. Liked hearing they fit the ball to the iron and the driver to the ball, green to tee. Ive always wondered how they handled the ball when the person being fit is usually focused just on the clubs.

~Rock

THP and Titleist have a great relationship. We work together with them weekly, discuss and review all of their equipment, etc. An event is not something they would like to do at this time, so I prefer to enjoy what we do have with them, and celebrate the companies that want to engage directly with THPers through that avenue.
Thanks JB. Understood. I feel this video is a testament to how good the relationship is. And in my defense, I did call it a longshot :)

Want to reiterate how I very much liked the segment.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Great interview Dean, love how he uses the crime scene analysis in regards to fitting. Love the new system of fitting, trying to get detailed information from the player to his equipment.

Very good piece! Next time the topic comes up as to when/who should invest in a fitting, this should be linked in to the conversation. I like how it's not even close to just being about L/L/L, very informative!

Very interesting and informative!! Dean, great job!!

Very good interview. I think we've heard this before, fittings should start from the green back.

Wow. This was fascinating. Titleist really seems to have a good handle on how to get players fit for the best equipment.

I enjoyed that. It's a really nice approach to club fitting that makes a ton of sense.

I'd love to get fit at the Titleist Performance Center down in southern MA. I've heard it's a great experience. But I'm most likely going to "settle" for a Titleist Thursday (which I've also heard good things about).

Really good interview Dean. Lot of quality info there!!

great interview, very interesting discussion.

That was a really nice look into Titleist's fitting process. Great interview Dean!

The crime scene. Love it!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

This was very interesting. I've always thought Titleist was top notch in terms of fitting. They can really make you feel confident about what's in your bag if you trust their judgement.

Back