Golf Clubs Matching set or a mix of favorites?

I couldn't care less about matching. At the moment I have 6 different brands in my bag.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I actually prefer to match it up and play what works the best for me.

After the Grandaddy, my bag all matches with Callaway and I'm pretty happy with how each club slots/works, and I don't see myself changing anytime soon.

I play what works but there is no doubt some companies appeal to me more on certain clubs so they typically get first nod.

I used to feel a little twitchy if everything didn't match. Now I just want to game the best equipment for me and that often means gaming a mixed bag.

My irons match. When I get my next set (and I'm leaning Big Bertha Irons) I'd like to get 5-AW. My wedges are different and my hybrids match my Driver and 3 Wood.

I do not care about my clubs matching, but I have all Callaway except for irons. I play what works best for me!

if your looking for a new set of clubs then i would just put together a bag that you feel fits best, you may feel one make of driver suits you and a different make of wood feels right also, so i would test the market and see what you feel is the best fit for you, that's what i have done and its worked really well. hope this helps :)

My personal best round was with Cobra AMP Cell irons 6-8 and Bridgestone J40 DPC's 8-PW. It will all come down to personal preference.

I've done both and have had success with both. Its all about finding sticks that suit your game and make you comfortable. There is nothing that says one way is better than the other. Find comfort in your clubs and the scores will respond accordingly.

Back years ago I was a one company loyalist but these days I play whatever works. No pattern in my bag but a little of it all.

I am not sure why you changed. You hit that Cobra 9 iron over 200 yards!

Cobra ,nike ,taylormade, ping ,cleveland and tour edge all in the bag right now.Play what. Works for you.

My bag is a mix of different companies. But you do what makes you happy and what works for you.

The best way to match your clubs is to match them to your game rather than match them to each other.
In these days when clubs can be bought individually it is well worth finding long(3-6) irons that are easy to hit and then marry them up with short irons that you can hit straight.
That is not to say that a complete set of irons won't work if all the same but keep your options open.
With woods it is a case of what works best not what name is on it.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

It would bug me if my clubs didn't match. But I'm also obsessive compulsive so it's understandable. :bulgy-eyes:

The thing, at least to my thoughts, would be in a matching set that all the clubs are made with the same tech and therefore only differ by loft. Therefore you will have the same results on ball striking with the only difference being distance created by the lofts.

Irons 2-pw are a matched set of 1961 Wilson-Staff blades. Driver and fairway woods are more modern, and mixed brands........

My bag is a, well...um...mixed bag. I'd love to say I use whatever works, but the truth is that I use whatever is cheap.

First time it's all matched. It's also the first time everything worked well together. But I play whatever works and what I have works for now.

I currently play a mixed bag (that was even more so up until a few months ago) but I've now found a brand that I enjoy playing from driver to wedges so am in the process of putting together a matching kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a preference for certain brands that I've had success with in the past, but don't go out of my way to match anything up. The one thing I'm religious about though is always playing the same ball.

Play what works. The game is hard enough as it is, fitting your swing to make the equipment work would make it harder.

Play what works for you.

I'm not huge on matching everything in the bag. I usually will try to match hybrids and to a lesser extent FWs. This year though I've been slowly working my way towards a PING bag. The G30 woods & hybrids have been solid for me all season, and I just picked up some irons that I'm going to give a run after league is over. If they're as nice as I expect, I could have a mostly PING bag by the end of the season. Just how it worked out. Play what's most comfortable for you at the end of the day.

I grew up playing with whatever I could afford but have always been a Titleist fan boy.

I had some extra money laying around and finally put an almost completed Titleist bag of my dreams. Scotty, SM5's, 714 AP2's, 913H's, 913Fd, and 910D3 and 910D2 as a back up.

Matching from the Driver to the Putter even the Bag...lol

Ping irons, Adams hybrids, Callaway driver and 3 wood, and Odyssey putter. Sun Mountain bag. Whatever works!

Back