The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

I think any of the guys who have been out there though will tell you, there is a TRUE premium on hitting fairways. Many times I've heard the word 'purgatory' used when talking about the rough.

Very true. My FIR has suffered as of late and it will be something im working on

Very true. My FIR has suffered as of late and it will be something im working on
You and me both dude.

Mini and HW will be weapons for m off the tee.

You and me both dude.

Mini and HW will be weapons for m off the tee.

I do want to get my hands on a mini somehow and get used to it before December

I think any of the guys who have been out there though will tell you, there is a TRUE premium on hitting fairways. Many times I've heard the word 'purgatory' used when talking about the rough.

The rough is legit!

It's really important to hit fairways. I found it incredibly tough to keep the club from twisting when hitting a ball in the rough. Tough to judge. And Pete Dye is a diabolical man, which made hitting fairways tougher to do.

I can hit fairways. :)

I may not be the longest hitter compared to some people, but if I could sneak my current 5W into the bag I could probably hit most fairways when I am hitting it from the tee

Which could be trouble for the ZooCrew if I am fitted to a nice new Callaway 3/4/5W, but absolutely devastating for them if I get the right driver and click with it immediately..... :alien:

As I've been working on my putting, I envision that the next putt is to win the grandaddy, and I can feel the tension rise, but then I drain the putt. There is so much motivation as a result of this event, and I am doing everything I can to help #TeamRedemption bring home the W.

How's the game coming? Snap out of your funk yet?

Paging cpljohnst. Barry is a fairway machine.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

How's the game coming? Snap out of your funk yet?
I'll know more Sunday. The last time out it was markedly improved. I've been focusing most of my effort on physical conditioning so haven't been on the course as much to see any progress, but I feel like my mind is in a better place as it relates to golf, so I am encouraged.

I'll know more Sunday. The last time out it was markedly improved. I've been focusing most of my effort on physical conditioning so haven't been on the course as much to see any progress, but I feel like my mind is in a better place as it relates to golf, so I am encouraged.

Awesome. Just keep the momentum going forward.

THAT is how a #MVP is supposed to do it. Keep up the good work Ryan!

You've got this sir. Just grab a parfait from McD's and focus on fairways.

I don't know if you read or not, but Bob Rotella's "Golf is not a game of Perfect" is something you may want to check out. Read at least the forward and the first two chapters. I find them quite motivating and they knock some sense into me. There's also an appendix in the book that has a lot of great short thoughts that are pretty motivating as well. I read it before #TheKing and I'm reading it again now. Good stuff.

Keep smiling sir! Big things coming your way in December! BIG THINGS! :)

Also, no getting discouraged!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can promise you that no one on this team will be hanging their heads. As a teammate I'll make sure of it and help put the situation into perspective.

You've got this sir. Just grab a parfait from McD's and focus on fairways.

I don't know if you read or not, but Bob Rotella's "Golf is not a game of Perfect" is something you may want to check out. Read at least the forward and the first two chapters. I find them quite motivating and they knock some sense into me. There's also an appendix in the book that has a lot of great short thoughts that are pretty motivating as well. I read it before #TheKing and I'm reading it again now. Good stuff.

Keep smiling sir! Big things coming your way in December! BIG THINGS! :)
Parfait? Forget that, I'm a sausage mcmuffin guy!

Also, I have been reading Rotella's book and that has helped turn things around. I'm not worried, the game is in there. Big things are coming, and I'll be ready.

I can promise you that no one on this team will be hanging their heads. As a teammate I'll make sure of it and help put the situation into perspective.
I'm also looking to you for fashion advice. Look good play good, right Mikey?

Zen Golf is a good one too to help handle the ups and downs of golf.

Also, I have been reading Rotella's book and that has helped turn things around. I'm not worried, the game is in there. Big things are coming, and I'll be ready.

More than anything make sure...

tapatalk_1406503286815_zpsa1b051a0.jpeg

Well I thought with 'health' on the mind you may have left the sausage mcmuffins behind... haha!

Get er done! :)

Just remember that when you guys are playing your match that the other guy is just as anxious/nervous as you, maybe more. Then the old cliché of one shot at a time will give you something to focus on! That always helps me settle down in match play. Good Luck!! I'm confident THP will be victorious this year!!

NO RAGRETS!

Not even ONE!

So I had my first Grandaddy dream last night. Dreams are so weird. I had a birdie putt to win on the last hole of course, with everyone watching....and it lipped out. I was crushed. The Zoocrew felt so bad for me though that they bought me a Callaway themed Ferrari which Phil Mickleson drove up and presented to me.
It could happen.

So I had my first Grandaddy dream last night. Dreams are so weird. I had a birdie putt to win on the last hole of course, with everyone watching....and it lipped out. I was crushed. The Zoocrew felt so bad for me though that they bought me a Callaway themed Ferrari which Phil Mickleson drove up and presented to me.
It could happen.

No belt....
Jeez Warren, you have the worst dreams!
Lol

Just get out there and golf that ball Sunday. You'll do great.

Back