Do you play golf every chance you get? and also even if at times you really shouldnt?

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
We all know how addicting this game can become for us. Of course we all have different amounts obs and responsibilities and amounts of available resources of time and money to play and practice it.

Do you find yourself playing (and/or practicing) almost every chance you get within your means?
Are you ever guilty of even doing so when perhaps you really shouldn't due to obligations, fairness to the spouse, and/or time and/or money or any other reaons?
Do you sometimes pass on it even though you can go play without any regret?

For me especially the past couple seasons I try to play whenever I get the chance within my means. I admit I also I am guilty at times of playing when I really shouldn't be. and only very rare that I pass on playing even when I am able to.

It's a shame I guess, but I don't really enjoy playing for the heck of it. I like some sort of bet, and if I can't get one, I may just pass on the round...

It's a shame I guess, but I don't really enjoy playing for the heck of it. I like some sort of bet, and if I can't get one, I may just pass on the round...

So playing against the course and in a way against yourself has no more allure for you? may be being a low cap, the game on its own without competition has sort of lost its appeal to you. become boring in a way? just asking

So playing against the course and in a way against yourself has no more allure for you? may be being a low cap, the game on its own without competition has sort of lost its appeal to you. become boring in a way? just asking

I guess if I'm making a swing change or something, I do like to play with nothing on the line so the results won't matter. But for the most part, I like playing in a skins game, or gambling with my friends. It certainly doesn't have to be a lot of money; it just has to be SOMETHING to play for.

I play too much according to my wife and kids!

I play almost every day that I am off work. I work alternation 12 hour shifts, so I have a lot of days off to play.

I'm single and my kid is in College. So there never is a "bad time" to play. :act-up:

My club membership is only $115 a month. So I get way more than my money's worth.

I'm fortunate enougj to work evenings so I can play every day. And I do play at least 5 days a week. Most week days are by myself and weekends we have a crew of around 24 at our club.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yes. I've certainly played when I couldn't really afford it, and I've also made secret trips to the range or course. I don't outright lie to my wife, but I've just arranged my schedule such that a trip to the range happens to conveniently fall in-between my errands.

I will say though, the times when I've snuck out to play when I know my wife would not be happy if she found out are not worth it because I've played horribly.

I absolutely play every opportunity I get. Typically it is only two times per week unfortunately primarily due to the number of hours I have to work to get my job done.

I play every chance I get, even when I should probably dial back due to a lingering injury (tennis elbow).

Golf is therapy for me. A way to escape whatever is bothering me whether it's work, family stuff, or whatever other troubles I may come across.

Now if I could just do it pain free……

this year I certainly do. The wife gave me the okay to make this the year I became a not horrible golfer. Still maintain my thrice-weekly racquetballing, but am hitting either the course or the range 3-4 times a week. I have golfed more this year than the rest of my life put together. I think there has been one chance this year to golf that I passed up.

I have a built in reality to why I literally have to play so much.

It's my job.

Troof.

I go through stretches where Ill play as much as I can and then dial it back for a bit.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I go through stretches during a season where I will play 5-6 days straight and then the next week will play maybe twice. All depends on what's going on in life. I do like to play every chance I get, but it doesn't always work that way.

Leading into the Legacy, I played golf every chance I got, and also did so at the expense of time with my wife and kid. Post Legacy, I'm staying home more. Or, like last night, I go out to the course just to hit some pitch shots, and take my kid with me.

~Rock

Single, no kids, good job.

Short answer? Yep.

I wouldnt say I play every chance I get, I play when I can. Time with my family and friends is a million times more important to me than playing golf

Yes. Which is friday afternon saturday and sunday mornings. Try to hit balls and work on short game on Wednesday or Thursday

I try to play as much as I can that time/finances/obligations allow. If I had all the time and money in the world I'd probably play every day. I played competitive sports pretty much 365 days a year growing up, and that kind of striving to get better and improve myself in sports has now carried through to golf since my competitive sports days are limited. I still play lacrosse competitively, but that's only about a month or two out of the year now.

Good question and honestly I probably play 20% of the time when I shouldn't, either because of an ailment, mind is elsewhere, or it's an excuse not to do something else.

keep in mind the term "every chance" is only relative. Every chance may only be once per week for many yet 4 times for other people but the questions are still the same.

Compared to a lot of people, I play very little golf in that it is usually a round every other week, but a lot of that is due to my job not being very flexible so I can't take an afternoon off whenever I want if the weather is nice to go and play

Weekends are usually busy enough so I don't like to be awkward and say to Jen that I am going to play golf, but while she goes walking with her friend on a Sunday morning I will head up to the range to practice, so I do hit balls every week

This year, I have also managed a few 9 holes at a course closer than my home club in the evening after work, which makes a change and is still a chance to get out but this is completely reliant on the weather

Golf is something I enjoy but I would never put it before Jen as time with her is more important

If I was single and living on my own I would play a lot more than I do now

Yesterday was a good example, cats woke me up at 5:30 am so I got up and let them out. I knew I wouldn't get back to sleep so I THP'd for a bit then looked at the days tee sheet, seen a 6:45 spot had opened up for a 4th so I quietly got dressed and gone. Wife texts me at 7:45 'Where r U', I replied "6th hole". i guess I go as often as I can including sliding out of work early to get 18 in for men's night.

So Guilty as charged.

Yes, I play every chance I get ... I also play when I probably shouldn't ... I will play sick, sometimes even hurt (getting older with a aches and pains) ... in short I love this game.

Back