The Fed Up Challenge

don't eat the pink stuff...

The one thing that is plaguing me here is the lack of good options for beverages. I hate water. Going to see if infusing it with watermelon will help.

ETA: Watermelon infused water is ok. Not as strong a flavor as I had hoped, but I can live with it.

Try sparkling water, that has been my savior. I am drinking that, regular water and green tea plain. It's not great, but it gets the job done.

JB hates water too, that's the one area where he has been cheating the entire time, he still has a couple diet sodas in a day.

Note to self, oatmeal without sugar tastes terrible! I threw some blueberries and strawberries in there this morning and that helped a little but when I got a bite of straight oatmeal is was pretty disgusting. The strawberries, however, tasted sweeter than ever. Not sure if that is because they were just really sweet, or like the documentary said, sweet things will start to taste sweeter after a while.

Re: plain water
I have a similar love-hate relationship with plain water so I'll often put a tiny splash of lemon juice in my water bottle.

Re: oatmeal
The mouthfeel of oatmeal makes me crazy. It's either too thick or too thin..I just can't get it right. Plus it tastes like cardboard. :smile:

Last edited:
I went food shopping this morning and was craving ice cream so I picked some up. They also had fresh chocolate chip cookies so I bought some of them and made myself a snack with the warm cookies and ice cream on top. Im not a big sweets eater and havent had ice cream in months. I went to bed maybe 2hrs after eating this and woke up mid day with a killer headache, like hangover level headache. Maybe it was from the sugar rush Im not use to but this thread was the first thing I thought of. I have noticed in the past too much sugar give me a bit of a headache but not this bad. Maybe Im more sensative to it now since I dont eat sweets or drink pop like I did when I was younger.

Down 5 pounds in three days. Getting used to the no sugar thing as well ... the cravings are slowly going away. Eating a lot more fruit nowadays.

Down 5 pounds in three days. Getting used to the no sugar thing as well ... the cravings are slowly going away. Eating a lot more fruit nowadays.

My sugar cravings come and go still. I am trying to limit myself to just 1 piece of fruit a day, or like this morning where I had a small cup of strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. They were going bad so I wanted to finish them. But that will be it for my sugar for the day, no other fruit for me.

I stayed strong last night when JB got McDonalds. Although, it wasn't too hard since I don't particularly care for fast food.

The hardest thing for me with this detox is how much I have to think before I eat. I hate that! I just want to eat what sounds good without having to really put thought into it. I am also a weird eater when I love something for a few days and then I can't look at it again for a month, so it really makes limiting my diet hard.

I half cheated today. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all good but I did decide to have 1 coke zero, and it was delicious! Dinner was baked chicken (in a lime dijon mustard sauce), steamed broccoli and some quinoa.

I half cheated today. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all good but I did decide to have 1 coke zero, and it was delicious! Dinner was baked chicken (in a lime dijon mustard sauce), steamed broccoli and some quinoa.

How amazing was that coke zero haha my first diet Pepsi was almost as good as the strawberry daiquiri in the pool after the first round of golf at LIITA. Both were epic

Proud of you. Looking forward to seeing where this journey takes us long term. I have strict goals for our sept events and the granddaddy for myself and think I will be there with few issues

Proud of you. Looking forward to seeing where this journey takes us long term. I have strict goals for our sept events and the granddaddy for myself and think I will be there with few issues

How glorious was McDonald's? What'd u get?

How amazing was that coke zero haha my first diet Pepsi was almost as good as the strawberry daiquiri in the pool after the first round of golf at LIITA. Both were epic

It was amazing, better than I remember. But it also showed me that I am really content drinking the sparkling water too. I can totally do 5 days on and 2 days off or 6 and 1, at least with soda haha.

Don't be too proud, I caved and ate some M&M's, and then I ate some chocolate covered cherries and yogurt covered cherries...and then some more M&M's. Ugh, now I feel awful and am so mad at myself. My binge/cheat is over and I am actually excited to go back to being better tomorrow.

Although an Italian sub does sound pretty amazing haha.

Had Mexican tonight ... had shrimp fajitas (onions and peppers mostly) but avoided the rice and tortilla shells. Did cheat a bit and had some chips and salsa but stayed with water to drink. Bubby had ice cream but I stayed strong and didn't eat any ... though when I got home I had like half a watermelon. LOL.

Back to it tonight. Should land back in FL in a few hours and then dinner tonight will be right back on the plan. I have some really firm goals set in stone.

Back to it tonight. Should land back in FL in a few hours and then dinner tonight will be right back on the plan. I have some really firm goals set in stone.
How did your body react to the swaying from the detox? Do you have to start officially over, or just pick it up where you left off?

How did your body react to the swaying from the detox? Do you have to start officially over, or just pick it up where you left off?

Not sure really. It adjusted okay but eager to get back.

Not sure really. It adjusted okay but eager to get back.
The reason I asked was I've noticed in past diets that when I cut out sugars, then went back to them that sugar crash after I indulged a bit was nasty.

The reason I asked was I've noticed in past diets that when I cut out sugars, then went back to them that sugar crash after I indulged a bit was nasty.

I cheated this weekend and had no ill effects. Except that now I want to eat some chocolate SO badly right now. Staying strong is not easy. Especially when I am tired and just want to sit on the couch and eat junk.

I have a healthy dinner in the crockpot for us so dinner will be ready when JB gets home.

I cheated this weekend and had no ill effects. Except that now I want to eat some chocolate SO badly right now. Staying strong is not easy. Especially when I am tired and just want to sit on the couch and eat junk.

I have a healthy dinner in the crockpot for us so dinner will be ready when JB gets home.
Probably just the way my body reacts....it's not exactly a fine tuned machine haha. Stay strong GG

I did not struggle with that really.

Might have to convince GG to get some Sushi this week. Have to go with brown rice over white rice rolls, and no to a couple of sauces I like, but it could still work and I am craving it.

Seems like Sushi would be the perfect food if you kept to the basic straight up real sushi which to me is fish on rice or just straight fish. Is the prepared ginger allowed?

Seems like Sushi would be the perfect food if you kept to the basic straight up real sushi which to me is fish on rice or just straight fish. Is the prepared ginger allowed?

Most likely not, since it is pickled there very well may be sugar involved.
Also, Sushi rice contains sugar.

wow that is a tough plan to work with. I could eat Sushi everyday even without the rice but need to have the ginger and some soy sauce /wasabi for dipping.

Trying to be good, but at a conference and have no control over what they feed us. Trying to go with the healthiest options, but who knows what is lurking in there. Did have a two inch cube of chocolate layer cake, it was good. Avoided seconds. Drinking a lot of water and unsweetened ice tea. Bleh.

Lunch today was some turkey deli meat with Triscuits and cheese. The Triscuits are a unique one. They only contain like 3 ingredients which is Whole Grain Wheat, Soybean/Canola Oil.

Back