Disappointed in my Bridgestone golf towel

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Some of you may recall about a year ago Bridgestone had that promotion for a free golf towel (buy 2 boxes of E series balls or 1 box of B330s, mail in the UPC label and get a free towel with your name on it).
Anyways, I noticed today that on mine, the metal ring that the clip goes through has come out of the towel and the club has just about worn through the towel.
I must admit, Im pretty diappointed in the quality of this product.
Im going to keep my towel as a novelty collector's item (because it has my name on it), I just figured Id give everyone a heads up. Id hate to see anyone lose their towel over something stupid like a metal ring.

I'm assuming that by "metal ring" you mean the grommet in the towel?

But what is a "bag club"?

You could refer to it as a grommet. As to the bag club, it was a typo. Chill.

Did you wash and dry it? Sometimes the grommets do come loose in the laundry. I've had that happen.

You could refer to it as a grommet. As to the bag club, it was a typo. Chill.

Uhhhh, I wasn't unchilled. I just didn't understand. I'm trying to figure out what happened.

I understand that a grommet can fall out. And it's majorly annoying because it's there to keep something from ripping through, which is what usually happens shortly after the grommet falls out.

But are you saying that the towel has almost worn through from cleaning clubs? I'm just confused.

Nope, never washed it. It just gets a little grass on it from when I wipe my club off after the shot, which falls off after it dries.

Uhhhh, I wasn't unchilled. I just didn't understand. I'm trying to figure out what happened.

I understand that a grommet can fall out. And it's majorly annoying because it's there to keep something from ripping through, which is what usually happens shortly after the grommet falls out.

But are you saying that the towel has almost worn through from cleaning clubs? I'm just confused.
Not worn though from wiping off clubs, just worn through from where the clip was because the metal grommet fell out.

Not worn though from wiping off clubs, just worn through from where the clip was because the metal grommet fell out.

Ahhhh! Now I understand! "Club" was a typo for "clip"!*

Ok, that makes total sense! I'm pretty sure you can buy replacement grommets at Home Depot and Lowes. I know you shouldn't have to, but that's what I would do if it was a cool towel.

*on a somewhat related note, lately I've caught myself typing completely different words than the word I was thinking/meaning to type. For example, while typing that last sentence, I typed "and" instead of "than", even though I was thinking "than" and intending to type "than." I have no idea where "and" came from. And that's a simple example. Some "substitutions" have been completely bizarre, although I can recall any of those right now.
I'm beginning to worry about it a little.

Not surprising for a free product. I have a few free golf towels from various events and can't think of any of them that I would actually put on my bag. I can tell right away that they will fall apart.

Yeah, not surprising considering it was pretty much free. Its a shame too, because its a neat looking towel.
Its not a huge deal, nothing that Im going to write an angry letter to Bridgestone over; just giving a heads-up to other people who have this same towel.

Yup, it would seem so...

*on a somewhat related note, lately I've caught myself typing completely different words than the word I was thinking/meaning to type. For example, while typing that last sentence, I typed "and" instead of "than", even though I was thinking "than" and intending to type "than." I have no idea where "and" came from. And that's a simple example. Some "substitutions" have been completely bizarre, although I can recall any of those right now. I'm beginning to worry about it a little.

That small I thought it was a disclaimer. I thought maybe you were going to take no liability for what happened if he replaced that gromet!!

I have had mine for some time.. without any problems. Maybe its because I use a r7 towel with it..

Mine has held up pretty good. I wasnt expecting too much out of it though.

Back