Ping G15 or Adams 9064 ????

Coach Ritz

Reaction score
Handicap
Was thinking about retiring the R9 to the backup bag and picking up either the :ping: G15 or the :adams: 9064. Has anyone hit the two of them and if so what were your thoughts. Thanks in advance for any insight any of you have.

Coach Ritz

I thought the G15 was better than the 9064 in terms of feel for me. Both had similar distance. But truth be told, I preferred the R9 to both of them.

You are in West Palm Beach. You can hit both at our THP Demo Day & Golf Outing.

I love the Adams. The shaft was something I really liked about the club (Aldila RIP). Easy to swing imo. I liked the G15 and to me it felt better but overall I would take the Adams for my swing. Just gotta find the right shaft haha.

Do you have access to test both of them?

I have been remiss in logging here, I apologize for that, apparently the lobotomy didn't work. Could you advise where I could find that information about that Demo Day and Outing. Thx

I have been remiss in logging here, I apologize for that, apparently the lobotomy didn't work. Could you advise where I could find that information about that Demo Day and Outing. Thx

here ya go coach:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...22-Official-THP-2011-Golf-Outing-amp-Demo-Day

the outing is great and you'll be able to hit more drivers than you can shake a stick at.

as for my preference between the adams and the ping, i liked the ping more. it felt better, sounded better and worked better for myself, but like JB, i have the R9 in the bag for a reason.

Hanks,
that is the iron review. He is talking about drivers.

I'm such an idiot. not enough coffee yet. sorry Coach!
Hanks,
that is the iron review. He is talking about drivers.

Im a big fan of the Adams 9064 but only if the shaft works for you. The G15 is probably going to be a more forgiving club but the Adams comes with a great shaft. Id hit them both on a monitor if you can and see which one gives you the best numbers.

I guess I'm on the opposite end with the Adams. I found it to be really forgiving and right up there with the G15, maybe more. This just illustrates why it's so important to put the two head to head on a launch monitor if you can. The numbers do not lie.

Im not 100% on this but I THINK the Adams has a slightly open face where the G15 is most likely square or a little closed. So if you struggle with a banana ball that might be something to consider too.

Did you try the adjustable version? I'm not meaning this is a sarcastic way, I just haven't seen it around as much as the non adjustable in my area. Wondering if its the same where you are.
Im not 100% on this but I THINK the Adams has a slightly open face where the G15 is most likely square or a little closed. So if you struggle with a banana ball that might be something to consider too.

Did you try the adjustable version? I'm not meaning this is a sarcastic way, I just haven't seen it around as much as the non adjustable in my area. Wondering if its the same where you are.

My GG actually does have an adjustable version demo. BOOM! I'll put it out there right now, I didnt like it. It has to be one of the loudest drivers Ive ever hit and maybe THE loudest. It just makes this terrible sound when you hit it on the screws. Im not usually that picky about it but this one bothered me. Maybe it wouldnt be as bad outside but inside it sure was. And the adjustable hosel area is huge too. Kind of odd to look at, imo. Rex would never swing that club.

Lol.... My thoughts too!!! It felt like a different club almost. I thought I was going nuts. I was just thinking maybe the adjustability would help for the open face but it's almost a different club. I hope they can get it fixed for future lines because their adjustability intrigued me.

Rex pushed me to the non adjustable version. I'm glad he did. Some big hits with that club.

My GG actually does have an adjustable version demo. BOOM! I'll put it out there right now, I didnt like it. It has to be one of the loudest drivers Ive ever hit and maybe THE loudest. It just makes this terrible sound when you hit it on the screws. Im not usually that picky about it but this one bothered me. Maybe it wouldnt be as bad outside but inside it sure was. And the adjustable hosel area is huge too. Kind of odd to look at, imo. Rex would never swing that club.

Lol.... My thoughts too!!! It felt like a different club almost. I thought I was going nuts. I was just thinking maybe the adjustability would help for the open face but it's almost a different club. I hope they can get it fixed for future lines because their adjustability intrigued me.

Rex pushed me to the non adjustable version. I'm glad he did. Some big hits with that club.

Agree 100%, totally different feeling club. Like night and day. Id love to see the adjustability work too but that sound has to go. The good thing is the new TM R11 is rumored to have the same type of adjustments or something like it.

That would be sweet. Because I really felt like if you could get the good adams feel with that adjustability you have a real winner. It's a real deal RIP shaft which is awesome too.
Agree 100%, totally different feeling club. Like night and day. Id love to see the adjustability work too but that sound has to go. The good thing is the new TM R11 is rumored to have the same type of adjustments or something like it.

That would be sweet. Because I really felt like if you could get the good adams feel with that adjustability you have a real winner. It's a real deal RIP shaft which is awesome too.

Agree the shaft is a huge bonus. Makes me wonder why it had to be so loud. And will the TM R11 have the same issues?

I sure hope not. I can't say much because I play a Dymo but its a little more bouncy if that makes sense.

Coach, you may like the adjustable version but it would be great to try both. Its like hitting two different clubs!
Agree the shaft is a huge bonus. Makes me wonder why it had to be so loud. And will the TM R11 have the same issues?

here ya go coach:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...22-Official-THP-2011-Golf-Outing-amp-Demo-Day

the outing is great and you'll be able to hit more drivers than you can shake a stick at.

as for my preference between the adams and the ping, i liked the ping more. it felt better, sounded better and worked better for myself, but like JB, i have the R9 in the bag for a reason.

Thx so much Looks like a great time and at that time of the year I will need a break from school, I live 15 minutes from there so it is a no-brainer for me. I look forward to meeting all of you guys.

I hope to hit the 2 drivers outside before May tho, because by then I am sure there will be a plethura of new ones which as we all know will "give us 10-15 more" something :banghead: I currently play the R9 with a House of Forged Patriot Shaft. I hit the G15 and the 9064 at Golfsmith last week but as usual the monitors were down and they both looked great for 20 feet into the net.

i heard g15 fit more people in more different swings, but there are numbers of people prefer the look of 9064ls at address. they all overall great driver in term of great combo between distance and forgiveness. cannot go wrong with any of them

G15 - did try them both before buying the PING - but I am biased...

Back