Bridgestone b-330s vs pro v1 or pro v 1x

aces13

Reaction score
Handicap
Question....

i love the pro v1x... however, i'm a working man paying bills.

I've found some brand new b-330s for cheap at a local store. i just wanted to know, will the b-330's spin TOO much, or spin more like a pro v 1x since its not a pro v. confused yet?:bulgy-eyes:

Question....

i love the pro v1x... however, i'm a working man paying bills.

I've found some brand new b-330s for cheap at a local store. i just wanted to know, will the b-330's spin TOO much, or spin more like a pro v 1x since its not a pro v. confused yet?:bulgy-eyes:

The B330 is Bridgestones competitor to the Pro V1x, B330-S is the competitor to the pro V1.

I choose the B330-S over the Pro V1 for quality, not price. The 330-S is like the V1 and the 330 is like the V1X spin wise in my opinion. It obviously depends on your game, but give the 330-S a try...I don't think you'll be disappointed.

so let me double check this...

the 330-S is like the pro V, the 330 is like the X??

lol, i was told different by a friend. good thing i asked before i bought some balls. you guys are great! thanks

so let me double check this...

the 330-S is like the pro V, the 330 is like the X??

lol, i was told different by a friend. good thing i asked before i bought some balls. you guys are great! thanks

Yes. The pro v spins more than the pro v X. The 330-s spins more than the 330. So 330-X, 330-s- Pro V
But the bridgestones are a lot more durable than both of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweet. i guess i was just thinking pro v would be like the 330 and the x would be like the s. guess the s stands for spin.

sweet. i guess i was just thinking pro v would be like the 330 and the x would be like the s. guess the s stands for spin.

Most people think the Pro vX spins more because it has x on the end. Bridgestone did it right, put a S on the end of your higher spinning ball. Titleist messed everyone up haha. But yup the Pro v spins more than the provX. And B 330-S spins more than the B 330.

Want to know sonething even crazier? Both titleist balls are 3 layers and each layer is the exact same! Difference between the 2 is dimples. Pro v has more dimples and more dimple sizes than the provX which causes the air to catch the dimples making it spin faster resulting in more spin over the X.

ok... i thought i knew a bit about balls and dimples and etc., but did not know about the only difference was their dimples. learn something new every day

Also, can I ask what your driver SS is? It takes a lot of cajounes to be able to compress a pro vX properly. If your pretty close to 105, I'd suggest you try the RX or RXS, I bet you even see distance gains with it. If your around 110-115 then go with one of the B330 or B330s models.

Edit: Just saw your post in the ball testers thread that you have a SS of 105. Id for sure go with the RX or RXS if your looking for more spin. It's an awesome ball and made for SS of 105 and lower. The B-330/B330-S is geared towards more of the 110+ range. I have played the RX and it's awesome I'd probably game it everyday but Im struggling with a fade here lately so I'm playing the E6. I'd definitely go with the B330 RX if I was you. I bet you game it everyday.

Thanks for the tip... i'll def give it a look.

i've been playing some hand me down pro v1x, and love the feel. the spin is almost perfect for my game and the drives are as far as i see them going. ha ha. as for my actual swing speed, i was clocked 2 years ago at 105. since then, i've put in numerous rounds and practice range time. so i'm assuming i've already gained speed. the 105 is the last known speed i have.

but i WILL take your advice and look into the RX balls

Alright cool! Let me know how it works out for you!

Back