New Titleist Select Putter (My review of them) .

bhribik21

Reaction score
Handicap
I have always been a fan of TITLEIST putters ever since I bought my first scotty Cameron pro platinum back when i was in highschool. Since then i have had a few different putters and i would play with them for awhile but I always found myself going back to that pro platinum Newport 2. Now last year i landed on the Taylormade tour ghost daytona and it felt like I was going to keep this one for awhile.

But then last week I was at my local pro shop and he had got a TITLEIST shipment in and was unpacking it when I showed up. I started to help him open boxes and lay stuff out and I just happened to open the box that had the new TITLEIST Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2. I had seen pictures of these putters in golfsmith magazine but let me say they do absolutely no justice whatsoever. I immediately dropped the box and ran like a little school boy over to the putting area, scooped up a few Pro V1x's and started rolling putts. This putter made it feel like i was hitting my forged blades with that awesome buttery feel that you can barely tell the ball was even there. The grip feels similar to the Ping pistol grip that I put on all of my putters ( which is one of the most used putter grips on tour so I'm told). So with the combination of the grip and the deep milled face this thing felt like a million bucks in my hands.

Like i said before the pictures don't really show you how good these things look. They are a jet gloss black with the 3 deep ruby red dots on the back of the face, which is a great contrast of color. The sole of the putter has the two weights (I believe the Newport 2 had 2 15gram weights) which give it a nice weight adding to the soft solid feel at impact. So after rolling about 20 balls I decided that i had to have this putter so I gave the pro the little money I had on me to hold it and ill be picking it up at the end of next week i hope!! So that's my opinion/review of the new TITLEIST Scotty Cameron Select putter.

If your a Cameron fan then I'm sure you will like these putters. I will say tho that there is not a huge difference from these and the California line so you may not be blown away but i still feel that they are fantastic putters. I jumped on the white bandwagon last year with Taylormade but this year I think black and red is the new white!! LOL. Hope you guys like what i had to say if not I'm sorry.....

Last edited:
I rolled one of these today. I have to say that I didn't love the finish as much as I do in pictures. But it felt very soft. I liked it very much.

Just as a helpful hint and not a jab at all. Using paragraphs will help others read your post. Some people will see a wall of text like that and not even attempt to read it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts though!

I haven't hit these, but I get the impression that they are almost indistinguishable from last year's model other than the finish.

I rolled one of these today. I have to say that I didn't love the finish as much as I do in pictures. But it felt very soft. I liked it very much.

Just as a helpful hint and not a jab at all. Using paragraphs will help others read your post. Some people will see a wall of text like that and not even attempt to read it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts though!

Listen to Cl on this one, the paragraph was very hard to read. I hate to say it, but I gave up before the end as it was that tough. Again, not throwing rocks, just trying to help you out bro.

I also picked up the 2012 model and your right, it is butter. If you have 15g weights then you are using The 34". I am using the 35" which has the 10g weights.

I haven't hit these, but I get the impression that they are almost indistinguishable from last year's model other than the finish.

I would disagree. Felt softer to me. And I think the grip is different. I love the grip on these putters. Fits in the hand very nicely. I could easily see myself with a Newport 1.5

It's a deep mill as well, which makes it quite a bit different than the previous select models..

I personally think its better with the deep mill, especially on slower greens

Tapatalking from my iPhone

Sorry about the post guys. I'm at work on my phone and i was just kinda typing as fast as I could so wouldn't get in trouble for being on my phone lol. Sorry again and next time I'll space it out. I want people to be able to read all I have to say not just part of it!!!

SC putters are beautiful but I am disappointed that the finish of my California is fading. I keep it clean and dry yet the gold finish is mottled. Raising the price above $300 is also a deterrent. I am hesitant to buy another.

I checked out this putter (hit a GoLo) tonight at Golfsmith and I totally agree with Chunky, the putter finish looked blue and muted. I think the "sea mist" finish in the new California is a better finish in terms of what it looks like at address and how well it will age

FB

I have mine ordered and is set to come in Tuesday.

I will try to get a review of my newport 2 up sometime next week. I currently am gaming a studio style newport 2 and also own odyssey #9 white hot, Ping anser, Ping hohum, and odyssey #7 white hot.

So i have been through alot of putters and i will try to give a fair and detailed review. But i am excited to get this. For some reason the black in pictures looks to be very confident looking more so then my current studio style. Maybe that is just my personal opinion but just makes me think WOW this thing is nice.

Last edited:
Back