Tour Stop Sponsorship News

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Previously the Northern Trust Open is now being called the Genesis Open.

Still being played at Riviera?

• Admin
I'd prefer they call it the Hyundai open of Los Angeles or something. The Genesis open sounds stupid in my opinion. Or it should be hosted by Phil Collins....

• Admin
I'd prefer they call it the Hyundai open of Los Angeles or something. The Genesis open sounds stupid in my opinion. Or it should be hosted by Phil Collins....

New launch of their luxury brand. They are going to really try to separate Genesis from Hyundai.

Tour Stop Sponsorship News

New launch of their luxury brand. They are going to really try to separate Genesis from Hyundai.

Man they have been struggling with that since it first came out. Good luck with that. It's an awesome car, but always been a Hyundai stigma. I'm guessing they still have the TOC to kick off the year? If so that's great sponsorship to pickup another tour event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
Man they have been struggling with that since it first came out. Good luck with that. It's an awesome car, but always been a Hyundai stigma. I'm guessing they still have the TOC to kick off the year? If so that's great sponsorship to pickup another tour event.

Correct. Their plan as far as I know is to relaunch the Genesis name similar to where Lexus, Acura, Infiniti all came from. It will be a stand alone brand from what they are saying.

it should be hosted by Phil Collins....

If they don't play 'Land of Confusion' at least once during the tournament with a missed putt montage, they need a new production team.

Doesn't quite roll off the tounge. The Genesis is nice so hope this helps then out.

Name doesn't bother me. Will be interesting to see how the Genesis branding makes out for Hyundai long-term, but that's another convo.

Good move for Hyundai I think if they are trying to separate the brands.

I think it will work. The high end Hyundais are solid for great deals.

pga-tour-golf-usa-europe-v1.2.png

Check out the Walrus.

Saw the TW Foundation is sponsoring this event on twitter. That's one way to get the Big Cat back at Riviera, assuming he is healthy eventually.

Hyundai is no longer sponsoring the ToC.

I think that's 3 instances of sponsor changes in the past month or so. Is something going on that most of us wouldn't know about that is driving all this change (I don't remember this happening before)?

Genesis huh? Oh well, someone had to put a name on it and I guess if they pay the price they can call it whatever they want, right? lol

I like it, I think is sounds good and I am hoping that Genesis takes off for Hyundai.

Back