Working on the game need some direction *video

In golf, if it feels wrong or foreign its usually right. But like to you said, the camera angle was off so disregard everything I said.
In thinking about Alignment in particular I think becasue I set the ball on the inside of left foot, sometimes I I try to square the club right behind the ball and sometimes this gets my shoulders on a different plans than my feet and hips. I have been conscious of this recently and I will say it is a struggle becasue sometimes lining up square feels off. Just a thought I had.

In golf, if it feels wrong or foreign its usually right. But like to you said, the camera angle was off so disregard everything I said.
Im right there with you on the feel. I knew when I posted it that my alignment was off a little so you seeing it also validated that for me. The angle makes it look worse than it is for sure but it is something I need to work on. You have no idea how thankful and appreciative I am for that analysis.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Answer me this, why does you golf ball take off across your foot line?
Im right there with you on the feel. I knew when I posted it that my alignment was off a little so you seeing it also validated that for me. The angle makes it look worse than it is for sure but it is something I need to work on. You have no idea how thankful and appreciative I am for that analysis.

Answer me this, why does you golf ball take off across your foot line?
It's possible I might have pulled that one and came across it. I was aiming between two back flags on the range that were about 30 to 40 yards apart. At this point my misses are push fades and a random straight pull.

Or does it take off on that line becasue that is my shoulder line?

Last edited:
take a look at the first picture I posted of you swing. Notice that I can see both you upper thighs. I can only see one of your arms. If you were aligned properly I would be able to see both arms, especially on the angle you are on. You alignment is way off with the shoulders and that is why the ball was pulled. Get it lines up buddy and these shots will be a thing of the past.

Heard it load and clear. I am going to head to home depot tomorrow and get some rods to help out. I will post new video with the results.

Just look down you left shoulder before you swing. If it is not on your target then you are off and will need to adjust.
Heard it load and clear. I am going to head to home depot tomorrow and get some rods to help out. I will post new video with the results.

No video's to post but I went to hit some drivers at the PGA SS the other day and was noticing a trend that may stem from swing issues. To start my avg swing speed on well struck shots were between 105 and 107 mph. I was getting carry distance anywhere from 235 to 245 and roll outs to low 250 area. The part that made me scratch my head were my spin numbers. I was seeing upwards of 4000 and consistantly in the low to mid 3000 rpm in spin. My launch was in the 14.5 to 16 range. Now for my actual question:

Am I leaving yards on the table with producing so much spin on the driver? Do I need more of a ascending strike into the ball given my previous video's?

Side note: My ball flight was perfect little fade for me on most of my drive. They were no more than 10 yards away from center and at one point I landed 5 in row in small 5 yard area all next to each other, so my consistency is really improving and this is very promising.

Yes you are! My swing speed when healthy is 104 and I carry the ball 250. Might be shaft issue combined with a swing flaw.
No video's to post but I went to hit some drivers at the PGA SS the other day and was noticing a trend that may stem from swing issues. To start my avg swing speed on well struck shots were between 105 and 107 mph. I was getting carry distance anywhere from 235 to 245 and roll outs to low 250 area. The part that made me scratch my head were my spin numbers. I was seeing upwards of 4000 and consistantly in the low to mid 3000 rpm in spin. My launch was in the 14.5 to 16 range. Now for my actual question:

Am I leaving yards on the table with producing so much spin on the driver? Do I need more of a ascending strike into the ball given my previous video's?

Side note: My ball flight was perfect little fade for me on most of my drive. They were no more than 10 yards away from center and at one point I landed 5 in row in small 5 yard area all next to each other, so my consistency is really improving and this is very promising.

Yes you are! My swing speed when healthy is 104 and I carry the ball 250. Might be shaft issue combined with a swing flaw.

I thought so :( I think it was a combination of shaft and swing like you said. This Project X shaft event should be very beneficial for me then. Hopefully get the spin down to the high 2000's would help some I think.

As for the swing do you think I am coming into the ball to steep? Would this even cause to much spin?

This is awesome stuff Freddie. I think Hideki Matsuyama is the shining example of this - if you jump to about the 1:50 part of the video the narrator talks about it (note, not recommending the rotary swing or anything like that, but I was just looking for a good video of Matsuyama's swing to show how he fires his hip first)

[video=youtube_share;PE3yTW-mTms]http://youtu.be/PE3yTW-mTms?t=1m53s[/video]

Man, I just found this thread and this video and it really drives home the need to let the left hip initiate the downswing. I have a bad habit of sometimes starting with my hands and the swing just feels awkward and un-athletic when I do it. I just went out in the back yard and took some swings really focused on my left hip getting the idea of letting my hands and arm pause at the top. Thanks for posting this!

I havent put up a video in a little while Freddie. I hit the range last night and was feeling pretty good. Here are a couple of 7 irons. I was aiming at a 161 flag and flying it about 5 yards short. I feel like I little by little getting rid of my OTT habits.

PS: It was almost 65 last night so I needed the sweater :alien:

Man you have a good swing Mike! You have done a good job on making that swing.

Got out to the range for lunch today and hit about 80 balls. I worked on choking up just a tad on the grip. I was seeing some really good results and fellt more in control of my swing. I felt like I was able to attack the ball a lot better and was making really solid contact. Before I was gripping it to wear my palm hung slightly off the butt end and I moved my left hand up to wear nothing was hanging off. It might just be a mental thing or quick fix if you will, but I will experiment a little more and report back

I havent put up a video in a little while Freddie. I hit the range last night and was feeling pretty good. Here are a couple of 7 irons. I was aiming at a 161 flag and flying it about 5 yards short. I feel like I little by little getting rid of my OTT habits.

I will advocate to aim right and play for the slight pull. But you pured both of those shots with that exact setup. It goes against everything I have ever taught. But I am leaning more towards working with what you got until it breaks. Those swings were great with tempo, angles and power. Keep at it...

If you are feeling froggie put three balls down and hit the ball in the middle. Make sure the two outside balls are just outside the toe and heel of the club. You will know if you are down the line, OTT or to far inside.

I will advocate to aim right and play for the slight pull. But you pured both of those shots with that exact setup. It goes against everything I have ever taught. But I am leaning more towards working with what you got until it breaks. Those swings were great with tempo, angles and power. Keep at it...

If you are feeling froggie put three balls down and hit the ball in the middle. Make sure the two outside balls are just outside the toe and heel of the club. You will know if you are down the line, OTT or to far inside.

Thanks for the feedback. I dont know why but Nate noticed me lined up and then pull the ball also. For some reason alignment has always eluded me. I will say that I was dead on target as wear I thought I was aimed. Hopefully I dont kill anyone with this drill when I nail one of outside balls.

Update on this. I have been hitting the range about 4 times a week the last two weeks and have done the three ball drill a few times. At first it is a complete mind !@#$ Because its hard to focus on right ball. I took some slower swing to get the hang of it. I started to ramp up to actual swing speed and was seeing some great results in terms of accuracy. I will have video after my range session today to confirm this.

Was following your thread just now. Nice swing. My two cents, I agree with Freddie on alignment. In all of your down the line videos, except for the last one where you're in a gray sweater and jeans, your feet are closed (pointing right), while your shoulders are open. (Pointing left). That could also be the reason for the high spin rates.

In your most recent video, gray sweater and jeans, your feet and shoulders are aligned with each other.

And I see Freddie got that right elbow tucked in, with a little hip action down. Nice.

I I have strayed a little to far and need to post a post a swing again. Should be able to this weekend. bumping this so I remember.

You know I took another look at this awesome swing of yours. Everything was flowing in one direction but the ball was straight pulled. I'd like you to check your grip and make sure it's not shutting the face prematurely.

You know I took another look at this awesome swing of yours. Everything was flowing in one direction but the ball was straight pulled. I'd like you to check your grip and make sure it's not shutting the face prematurely.

Let me get you a pic of my grip today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

755d2feb4369f0c683b16d0370829e0f.jpg
8791a3c7437a7c957b6b45a6ca8b97a9.jpg

Working on the game need some direction *video

Drivers from tonight. In order of flight: draw, push, straight, straight. Decent distance on them. Didn't swing out of my shoes. Felt in control. Still not much change when I look frame by frame.

Last edited:
Thought I would bump it up for Freddie. Am I further away then before or on the right track here. Do you have a drill to help me maintain my spine angle?

Back