Golf Swing. What are you working on?

Rusty Dave

#staffproto
Reaction score
Handicap
I've been taking lessons for just about a year. So I'm always working on something.

I've gotten better with clubpath and clubface and so now I'm working on turning my right shoulder through to the target post impact. I tend to stop shoulder rotation at impact and this is causing me to pull shots. When I rotate my right shoulder and allow for a full extension of my right arm I get a nice draw. The drill that helps me the most with this is the right arm only drill.

I'm curious what people are working on to improve their swing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mostly club face control by what I'm doing with my hands/lead wrist during the swing. I'm actually working on the opposite problem (push) and focusing on keeping the right hand out of the swing.

Second to that is probably weight transfer.

Whatever my instructor has me work on. I had to scrap my first lesson because my wife got into a car accident that day, and haven't been able to reschedule since we're down to one car. But, we go back to two cars in a few days so I'll be able to start the lessons soon. No idea what he's going to have me work on to start, but one of my traditional problems has been that I have a waggle in the club head at the top of my back swing. When that happens, my instructor told me I have no idea if it'll come down open, square, or closed ... a steadier back swing is one of my work areas.

I'm working on a less strong grip, and a simpler more on-plane swing motion. Emphasis on "working on" because I have a long way to go.

Working on keeping my hand inside the ball and coming from the inside in general. My ball flight has been looking so much better after my first lesson.

my main points of focus at the moment are swing tempo, starting downswing with the lower half and keeping my backswing from getting to long.

Secondary tilt - had been coming into the ball too upright - already seeing big improvements if the monitor is to be believed

Proper rotation vs sliding.

Right now back to the basics and my takeaway.

Spine angle right now. I drop my head slightly in the backswing and it comes back up to address position at impact. Trying to keep the head level throughout. Right now it's causing a fair number of thin shots.

Focusing on takeaway and working on swing path.

Keeping my head down through the swing, I tend to get excited in seeing where it's going to land and bring my head up with my swing. Also the weight transfer from back swing to forward motion.

Spine angle right now. I drop my head slightly in the backswing and it comes back up to address position at impact. Trying to keep the head level throughout. Right now it's causing a fair number of thin shots.
Get rid of that head-bob while you can...or you'll end up like me. That would suck.

Swinging the clubhead faster in the downswing through impact.

Fundamentals. Started with keeping my weight left, head in place, left arm straight during backswing.

Lesson is in a few hours so we'll see what's next.

Putting for me. It always comes down to good putting for me.

Staying on plane and making my full turn

Had a 15 minute quick pointer lesson about two weeks ago. Changed my take away and shoulders a bit to get me to draw.

Have a lesson planned Thursday for chipping and pitching. Then another on Friday, not sure what we'll do then.. Hope to work on putting. I've been tracking my stats for a while and though my 75yard and longer game is close to that of a scratch player, my pitching & chipping is closer to a 24 handicap. Putting is too inconsistent too, you can never be good enough with the putter :)

Honestly? I can't remember what I'm working on. I need to get back for more lessons.

Putting, putting and putting, plus trying to maintain a loose feeling in hands, wrists and arms.

Setup.
Setup.
Setup.

Amazing how crowding the ball messes up the different stages of the golf swing.

Quicker take away and shoulder turn. Have too many swing thoughts in my head that screw with my mind. Swing also has a tendency to get handsy when I don't make a full turn, which absolutely kills my (already lack of) distance.

Posture, proper weight distribution, and keep my swing on plane.

Back