Favorite Golf Bag

lukedogg

One shot at a time....
Reaction score
Handicap
When I first started golfing I liked a large golf bag w/ multiple pockets, etc... Now, not so much..Lighter is better for me..So my question is, which is your favorite kind of bag? I have a SunMountain C-130 but I've almost talked my self into a SM 3.5 carry/stand bag. Reason being, I'd like to start walking the course and save a few $ and improve my health. What would you guys suggest? Anyone have a Sun Mountain 3.5 bag that could vouch for it...???

I like a large bag with a 14 way divider that fits well on a Clicgear pushcart. If I used a powercart more often Id probably lean towards a mini-staff bag with a 6-way divider.

Staff bags

Sun Mountain makes a nice bags; the 3.5 is a solid choice.

I used to pack like I was going on a three-week expedition as well. Now, those days are over. Picked up a Jones Original, ( http://jonesgolfbags.com/golf-bags ) no regrets at all. Balances well when walking, just big enough to handle a full complement of clubs, small enough to minimize chatter. Worth a look.

What about staff bags do you like so much? What are the Pro's to them?

Space. Lots of space.

A wonderful 6-way divider and the clubs make the most wonderful thump when you put them back in the bag.

Ogio Grom XX

THPing on Tapatalk

Space. Lots of space.

A wonderful 6-way divider and the clubs make the most wonderful thump when you put them back in the bag.

I never thought I'd prefer the six way, but I don't think I ever want to NOT use a 6 way ever again.. Love it. Love the design.

Staff bags

Me too. If I cant play good at least I can look good, there is a TON of room in these to store everything but the kitchen sink!

What about staff bags do you like so much? What are the Pro's to them?

All the room. I love the six way dividers. Plus they are bad ass looking.

When I first started I tried many different bags. By far my favorite when I carried was a Ping Hoofer. Now that I use a Clicgear I prefer a cart specific bag. Currently I'm using a TM Catalina which is perfect for me - lots of usable pockets, 14-way divider. Staff bags are nice but I don't need that much room and would rather use the extra couple hundred bucks on greens fees!!!

I think you should get a Mizuno staff bag. Ive got a Sun Mountain C-130 right now and its great. I wish it had more pockets but I really cant complain about it.

I like the TMAG TMX stand bag its like a mini staff bag

C-130 when I ride, Four 5 when I walk

Getting back into the game here in the south island of New Zealand I'm giving serious consideration to the Sun Mountain H2NO range. I've always walked courses and carried my clubs and might to do the same once I've finished assembling my set of clubs. Whether I carry or push, now there's a question?

Bridgestone mini-staff bag. I will have one of these things eventually.

Bridgestone mini-staff bag. I will have one of these things eventually.
Go look in the for sale forum. Someone was selling one pretty cheap and it was an awesome bag.

Go look in the for sale forum. Someone was selling one pretty cheap and it was an awesome bag.

Believe me, I know about it. I've probably been in the thread 50 times. I just am too cheap to pull the trigger right now. It was at a great price though.

My :Ogio: Grom XX bag. Solid bag but I wouldn't use it when I walk. Too heavy at 6.5 lbs and it is ideal for a cart. The bag just feels indestructible and is the best quality cary/cart hybrid bag I looked at. I spent almost an hour going through bags at the store and the Ogio seems to have all the ergonomic features accounted for.

How about this bad boy

mugy3ehu.jpg

I like the Ping Moon Lite II, it is very light and holds about 10-12 clubs. It is great for when I walk and only has two medium sized pockets and a water bottle holder on the bottom between the pockets.

I like the sun mountain C-130 on a click gear 3.5 as well. Lots of storage and 14 way top.

I always walk so I use a trundle with a srixon cart bag. Ive ordered a sm microcart so should be a bit lighter to push than my old one.

Back