Wilson Infinite Putter Line Review

The Grant Park is a great putter. Assuming it's a Legacy option, I am all over it.

I'm willing to bet you're safe there. Haha

I think it's interesting that they only have one center-shafted face-balanced putter, and it's the one Paddy put in his bag and went straight out and won with. What's the difference / benefit of that style of putter, and why do you think there's only one model?

I like they way they look sweet.

Really dig the looks of Lake shore. I will give these a roll when I see them.

What bag? I'm using a Sun-Mountain Four-5 14-way with no issues.

An Adams bag with a putter slot in the front. I'm afraid I've never really studied enough about golf bags to know model name\number, but I can assure you it doesn't fit.

I think it's interesting that they only have one center-shafted face-balanced putter, and it's the one Paddy put in his bag and went straight out and won with. What's the difference / benefit of that style of putter, and why do you think there's only one model?

If I had to guess, there aren't that many people out there looking for a center shafted face balanced putter, so it was a sales driven decision.

Its not as popular overall as it is here on THP (center-shaft, that is). Plus, IMO, face balanced vs not is over-thought something fierce a lot of times.

Its all about what fits your eye. The line offers something for all, there's more PN models because that neck is certainly the most popular overall.

Just Got the Grant Park and after cutting it down to my perfect 33" and changing to the SS 2.0XL with the Countercore weight kit I absolutely love this putter. The milled face rivals any $300+ price point putter and at $99 the quality is a steal. 10/10 would buy again.

Jman, You have an ability to write and explain club technology in an uncomplicated manner. I am looking for these putters in my home state. I saw them at a W/S event in Georgia and thought they looked so much more expensive than $99.00

Its not as popular overall as it is here on THP (center-shaft, that is). Plus, IMO, face balanced vs not is over-thought something fierce a lot of times.

Its all about what fits your eye. The line offers something for all, there's more PN models because that neck is certainly the most popular overall.
I figured it was probably something like that. I've never played a center-shafted putter, but I've also never thought "dang this putter feels funky when I hit the ball".

Great writing.I truly enjoy when it is your turn to offer a review.I am clearly a Wilson groupie. Played their stuff in many sports for many years.I trust them. I remember when word first came out about this series of putters people on THP scoffed about how hard it is to crack the putter market. I would not pretend to know the Wilson game plan but the company strikes me as a proud group who don't have to be #1 in dollar volume but do want their place at the table.With the possible exception of Bridgestone I would have to give Wilson Staff the award for most improved brand when looking at their entire offering.

Great writing.I truly enjoy when it is your turn to offer a review.I am clearly a Wilson groupie. Played their stuff in many sports for many years.I trust them. I remember when word first came out about this series of putters people on THP scoffed about how hard it is to crack the putter market. I would not pretend to know the Wilson game plan but the company strikes me as a proud group who don't have to be #1 in dollar volume but do want their place at the table.With the possible exception of Bridgestone I would have to give Wilson Staff the award for most improved brand when looking at their entire offering.

It wasn't scoffing, it was fact. The putter market is INSANELY difficult to TRULY crack into and gain any true foothold, that is the nature of the beast. You also have to remember, WE all are more educated and are willing to see past the price, while the major hurdle still for any company in this price point (W/S, Cleveland, etc) is getting the average joe/jane consumer to get past the connotation that price dictates quality. Its just the way it is.

It wasn't scoffing, it was fact. The putter market is INSANELY difficult to TRULY crack into and gain any true foothold, that is the nature of the beast. You also have to remember, WE all are more educated and are willing to see past the price, while the major hurdle still for any company in this price point (W/S, Cleveland, etc) is getting the average joe/jane consumer to get past the connotation that price dictates quality. Its just the way it is.

Truth. I don't think anyone has the illusion that Wilson is going to take over a significant portion of the putter market anytime soon. Heck, it's still very difficult to even find these putters in stores. The only stores I have seen carrying them are the ones that carry a ridiculous amount of inventory. This is going to be a long battle for Wilson Staff, and they might fail. But it's clear they have come up with a quality product at a good price, no matter how many units they sell. I would be curious to learn more about their strategy, which is why I would encourage anyone to try to get into Personal Distance this year.

Understood and respected. I imagine it is hard to break into any part of this business.Still, I like your writing.Heading down the street to attend the Wells Fargo.Love going to the putting green adjacent to #1 to get a look at what guys have in the bag.

It sure is fact and sales by the third quarter will show we were right. Hoping for good things but the market this year is nuts in domination in multiple segments of putters.

I just got a chance to roll a couple more models of this putter line at the golf store. Particularly the Michigan Ave. & the Northside.

Before I went, I was almost 100% sure I was getting another Southside for the Legacy, but now I'm leaning toward the Michigan Ave. I haven't gamed a blade style putter in years, but the wide flange gave makes it really attractive IMO.

The thing that struck me most was the feel/sound difference from the Southside. The Southside is very nice, but the impact didn't feel as solid as the Michigan Ave. or the Northside. The only thing I can think of that would cause this is that the center shaft of the SS makes it feel different.

Oh I'm so conflicted! Paralyzed or what ever you call it. I like the feel of both the Grant Park, and the South side. First time I rolled the Grant Park the best, yesterday the south side won. South side is CS which I typically like best. Grant Park is a little different for me, but I like how it sets up. I'm almost at the point where I'm just going to bring Lee with me and have her pick.

Of all of the clubs involved in The Legacy, the Wilson putters are the ones that I am most interested to see the feedback on. I am generally familiar with the other clubs in play (meaning I have hit Bridgestone and Wilson irons and woods before, and I've had some interaction with Bridgestone putters). The Wilson putters are the ones that I have not seen yet.

Interested to see how you guys roll them in Pawley's Island.

Oh I'm so conflicted! Paralyzed or what ever you call it. I like the feel of both the Grant Park, and the South side. First time I rolled the Grant Park the best, yesterday the south side won. South side is CS which I typically like best. Grant Park is a little different for me, but I like how it sets up. I'm almost at the point where I'm just going to bring Lee with me and have her pick.

I'd lean towards the South Side if that's what you tend to like the best. Can't hurt to go with what you know. But, your other option for choice is a great one too. You'll roll whichever you pick well.

the CS is where you are comfortable and roll those good. IMO go with what you know and choose the south side.

T2GRN18 come to the South Side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin. I didn't try the Grsnt Park yesterday. I was too focused on the Southside and Lakeshore. Ended up with the Southside. But I think with this line you can't go wrong with any of them.

I haven't had a chance to roll any of them, but I'm going Michigan Ave just based on head shape, neck style, and what I like.

I'm really excited to roll one of these at The Legacy and compare it to my other putters.

I haven't had a chance to roll any of them, but I'm going Michigan Ave just based on head shape, neck style, and what I like.

I'm really excited to roll one of these at The Legacy and compare it to my other putters.

The entire lineup is very solid. When these first came out I was shocked at hrs price and after reading JMans review. I knew one would be in my bag sooner or later.

Last edited:
Back