Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Here's my (ALMOST) final order:

Driver Choice: AMP Cell Red
Length: 45"
Shaft Choice & Flex:
Option 1: UST Mamiya Proforce VTS 65 Silver Stiff-flex (Special Order)
Option 2: Aldila RIP Beta White 60 Stiff-flex (Custom)
Option 3: Kuro Kage Black 60 Stiff-flex (Stock)
Grip Choice: Golf Pride Z-Grip Cord, + 1 wraps tape (Grip logo down at 9.5°)
Dexterity: Right Handed

I literally having it waiting in a PM to send to Morgan, I just can't bring myself to hit send, this is way harder than what I wanted embroidered on the staff bag!!!

Thoughts?

I have to ask. What happened to these shafts that you narrowed it down to yesterday? For me the finalist list was:

• Stock Kuro Kage Black 60
  • RIP Phenom 60
  • Ozik White 6X3

Well I finally brought myself to hit send and I feel great about it!!!

Driver Choice: AMP Cell Red
Length: 45"
Shaft Choice & Flex:
Option 1: UST Mamiya Proforce VTS 65 Silver Stiff-flex (Special Order)
Option 2: Aldila RIP Beta White 60 Stiff-flex (Custom)
Option 3: Kuro Kage Black 60 Stiff-flex (Stock)
Grip Choice: Golf Pride Z-Grip Cord, + 1 wraps tape (Grip logo down at 9.5°)
Dexterity: Right Handed
Spoiler
amp-cell-driver-red-address__large.jpg
VTS_Silver.jpg
us11s-aldila-rip-beta.jpg
amp-cell-pro-driver-shaft.jpg
prod-zgrip-black-white-298x666.jpg

I have to ask. What happened to these shafts that you narrowed it down to yesterday? For me the finalist list was:

• Stock Kuro Kage Black 60
  • RIP Phenom 60
  • Ozik White 6X3
Don't feel bad at all for asking, those were some of the finalists when I was looking at the pro head, with the regular amp cell head it changed my thoughts a little bit and I tried to go in a little different direction, based on those!

But I appreciate my captain and Cobra mate trying to get me to second guess myself!!! All in good fun. I figure I'd probably give myself a ton of options over and over before I drive myself crazy trying to think about them, but after emailing with reps from all the shaft companies, my local pro, the cobra guys and all the amazing info here on THP I think I ended up with a good list of finalists!

Don't feel bad at all for asking, those were some of the finalists when I was looking at the pro head, with the regular amp cell head it changed my thoughts a little bit and I tried to go in a little different direction, based on those!

But I appreciate my captain and Cobra mate trying to get me to second guess myself!!! All in good fun. I figure I'd probably give myself a ton of options over and over before I drive myself crazy trying to think about them, but after emailing with reps from all the shaft companies, my local pro, the cobra guys and all the amazing info here on THP I think I ended up with a good list of finalists!

no way dude, not trying to make you second guess at all. I was just a little confused how you go to that point from last night when you tested out stuff.

no way dude, not trying to make you second guess at all. I was just a little confused how you go to that point from last night when you tested out stuff.
I knew you weren't trying to make me second guess, I know you've got my back cap!!!

After changing heads it really made me think hard about which direction, on the chart, I would move, and adding spin was my way to go and then I just started brainstorming all over again. It's funny how you think one way and then head another!!!

In the end Cobra makes an amazing driver and whatever shaft goes in it is going to be awesome!!!

This is freaking tough! Not finalized yet but right now I'm thinking

1. Amp Cell - Matrix 7M3 (Black tie) X-stiff (special order)
2. Amp Cell - Matrix 6M3 (Black tie) X-stiff (custom)
3. Amp Cell - Kuro Kage Black X-stiff (stock) (might go Pro...)

someone likes to swing telephone poles ^^^^^^

I DO. This is super tough for me! My set up will drastically change depending on what our options are haha

Luckily the black tie is both custom and special. I think that that might be the perfect shaft for me after some research and discussion haha

I'm alittle concerned about the torque though. 3.5 in the 7m3 and 3.8 in the 6m3. My last driver shaft was 2.8...... thoughts anyone? Ahina is 2.7......

Love the conversation going on guys. Really like seeing everyone's thoughts and options they're going with.

I have no clue about torque

me neither. I know nothing about shafts haha. I like the sound of the black tie though.

I have no clue about torque

I just know when ANY numbers go up on my shafts other than weight I get worried.

I think if we can go custom but not special I might have to go Ahina. That 3.8 scares me.....

That sounds like a nice choice right there!!!

I think Black tie 7m3 if we get special order - ahina if custom. Can't bring myself to go away from the diamana...

I think Black tie 7m3 if we get special order - ahina if custom. Can't bring myself to go away from the diamana...

Nothing wrong with that. It's a good problem to have with so many options in Cobras custom shaft catalog!

Siri speaks for me!

Nothing wrong with that. It's a good problem to have with so many options in Cobras custom shaft catalog!

Siri speaks for me!

This is true. I like the idea of the black tie but I know what I'm getting with the ahina...

This is true. I like the idea of the black tie but I know what I'm getting with the ahina...

Never a bad thing to go with what you know. I only wish I had a chance to hit more options. But used the data and information at hand to make the best possible decision!

Siri speaks for me!

You have me intrigued with the black tie. Some great deals on ebay for them. Would just need to get the myfly adapter. Low spin low launch would allow me to dial up my loft. I'll have to see how the Fujikara Fuel shaft treats me as the weather warms up, but so far so good.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I'm alittle concerned about the torque though. 3.5 in the 7m3 and 3.8 in the 6m3. My last driver shaft was 2.8...... thoughts anyone? Ahina is 2.7......

yeah dude. anything above 3.3 is probably too much for your massive swing hoss. so you might be pushing it. but i'm no genius...

well tonight i braved the frozen Erie tundra in the name of Cobra and the Morgan Cup, to gather some piece of mind about my shaft choice in the driver.

i was able to hit AD-DI 6, RIP Phenom 60, Kuro, White Tie, and stock Fuel.

White Tie and Kuro, just not for me. RIP wasn't awful and neither was the AD, but at the end of the day, the best numbers are coming from the stock Fuel. it didn't spin too much on me and out of them all, it was the most consistent dispersion wise. it was easy to hit and felt amazing when found on the screws.

i'm not really a numbers guy, so i can't sit here any compare every stat for every shaft. i just know that the stock Fuel did great things for me in that head.
come away from that session with good piece of mind and can sleep at night knowing i'll have a shaft in my MC driver that i can trust.

so......let me settle on a grip and i'll place an order here shortly.

I'm going to try and hit some different shafts this weekend and see what works. I really like the kuro kage black the only time I hit it at a demo day. I'm getting fitted for my seemore on Saturday at a place that looks pretty legit so maybe he'll take a moment to help a brother out on some shafts.

Back