Which Callaway Ball Compares to the E6?

myndcraft

#TheGauntlet 2015 Champs
Reaction score
Handicap
Driving
Based purely off Cally's website descriptions, which are lacking IMO, it would be the X2 Hot+. I read on another thread here though that the Hex Chrome+ was pretty low spin off the driver as well though. So can anyone shed some insight?

Just my opinion, but the Chrome + compares well off the tee but spins more around the greens

I would say Supersoft will get you the same results with a bit more spin around the greens than the e6

Strictly speaking, the X2Hot is a 3-piece trionomer blend. Low spin off the driver, low to medium spin with the irons and wedges. The + model is available for swing speeds above 90 mph.

Strictly speaking, the X2Hot is a 3-piece trionomer blend. Low spin off the driver, low to medium spin with the irons and wedges. The + model is available for swing speeds above 90 mph.

My driver SS is usually between 93MPH - 96MPH

to me the supersoft feels like tapioca pudding off the driver and like a marshmallow off of the irons. I don't get that from the e6. it's a bit squishier than the Lethal i love so much, but it's tolerable. I just couldn't get myself to like the feel of the supersoft. That said, there are several callaway balls that I adore, so I'm not knocking them. Different strokes, different folks, etc. I just don't think the supersoft is a good comparison to the e6.

The Supersoft. In fact they are close in just about every area with the Supersoft a tiny bit (and I mean tiny bit) lower compression.

I have to say the Supersoft. I compared these actually to the e6 during a round this week and saw similar characteristics around the green.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I honestly wasn't expecting so many hits for the SuperSoft. I was thinking, based on my Swing Speed, the ball that would have been most recommended would be the X2 Hot+. The Chrome Hex and the Chrome Hex+ had no clue where they would stack in the mix.

JB, do you know the E6's compression rate? I couldnt find it.
The Supersoft. In fact they are close in just about every area with the Supersoft a tiny bit (and I mean tiny bit) lower compression.

Jeez I hope not, it's not listed on the sheet I'm looking at. Granted it only list to 2013.

38-40 has to feel like hot goo.

Super Soft is your ball. I think you'd like the Chrome just as much, though, for what you're looking for.

i know you're only talking about callys, but the wilson duo has a compression of 40 if you wanna test out another ball with low compression that's comparable to the e6. i use the supersoft and duo interchangeably. i do have a lower driver ss than what you stated, anywhere from 88-94.

i know you're only talking about callys, but the wilson duo has a compression of 40 if you wanna test out another ball with low compression that's comparable to the e6. i use the supersoft and duo interchangeably. i do have a lower driver ss than what you stated, anywhere from 88-94.

Not trying to be a d!ck, but have you tried the Precept? The Fixx might be in the ballpark for you as well, I love the Fixx for the little par 3 courses with an over abundance of water.

I don't have any apples-to-apples 2014 compression numbers for the e6 (I thought it was mid 50s?) and the supersoft (people are saying 38-40), but going purely by feel the supersoft feels a lot more than a "tiny bit" lower compression. the e6 is soft, but the supersoft is so soft it feels strange to hit. Some people might not notice as much of a difference but to me it was huge. I think you should try a sleeve of the supersofts and see how you like them.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I'll probably just pick up a sleeve each of the SuperSoft, X2 Hot+ and Hex Chrome and do some side-by-side comparisons. From the sound of it though the SuperSoft may be my ball.

As a note though when I hit the Duo it just didn't do it for me. Couldn't put my finger on it, but the E6 just seemed to perform a bit better.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I'll probably just pick up a sleeve each of the SuperSoft, X2 Hot+ and Hex Chrome and do some side-by-side comparisons. From the sound of it though the SuperSoft may be my ball.

As a note though when I hit the Duo it just didn't do it for me. Couldn't put my finger on it, but the E6 just seemed to perform a bit better.
I was just about to try and look up numbers on the Chrome. I found a box at a local store on sale here last night and gave them a go for a whole round. I didn't think to compare them, of course, but it was a very nice feeling ball and acted well. In fact, I shot my lowest score of the season thus far.

I was just about to try and look up numbers on the Chrome. I found a box at a local store on sale here last night and gave them a go for a whole round. I didn't think to compare them, of course, but it was a very nice feeling ball and acted well. In fact, I shot my lowest score of the season thus far.
I'm a big fan of the Hex Chrome & Hex Chrome +. All around best value ball out right now, IMO.

I'm in the opposite direction on the SuperSoft vs e6 opinions - I tried the SuperSoft for two rounds, and while it feels nice off of both driver and irons, I couldn't stand it around the greens. Every approach shot for me just kept bouncing and rolling right off, while the e6 takes a few hops and has a bit of rollout. If the SuperSoft was a bit better on greens, I'd love it. But after two straight rounds, I went back to the TF Gamer for better short game play.

Back