ESPN 30 For 30 - John Daly

I can't watch another second of this guys life.Golf Channel has had him on so many times I thought he had something on their CEO. He had an opportunity most would give their soul for. The 30 for 30 series is so good too.

Should be an interesting doc. Who knows maybe something new will come out? I'll tune in popcorn in hand.

I haven't watched a 30 for 30 that I didn't enjoy. They're usually really well done. I'll be watching.

Interesting Bill Simmons was let go from ESPN earlier this month, creator of 30 for 30.

The first episode ESPN decides to create post Simmons is about John Daly. Interesting choice Bristol....

I will have to watch it....too much drama not to watch

I think the 30 for 30 series is absolutely remarkable... I do not expect anything less from this one. I am looking forward to it.

I think the 30 for 30 series is absolutely remarkable... I do not expect anything less from this one. I am looking forward to it.

+1. The 30 for 30 series has been great. JD is unfortunately the fall from grace story people like, an athlete who had so much talent and potential and succumbed to the bad things in life. His 30 for 30 will be interesting no matter your opinion on him.

this is a train wreck and I can't wait to watch it.

John's made some huge mistakes in life and I have too. I suppose we all have..... One day I hope he figures his out. I'm still working on mine.

John was very nice to my best friend's handicapped son at the Accenture Match Play many years ago. He gets no love on this forum but I still enjoy watching him play.

John was very nice to my best friend's handicapped son at the Accenture Match Play many years ago. He gets no love on this forum but I still enjoy watching him play.

i spent a little time walking around the arnold palmer invitational with a guy who claimed to be personal friends with jd. the stories he told and a few other anecdotes i've heard all suggest that jd is a pretty cool guy. he just has a serious gambling problem.

Love me some Daly - cant wait!

I don't really know John Daly's full story so I am interested to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really know John Daly's full story so I am interested to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you don't know, then give this a watch. You talk about someone who had it all and basically threw it all away. Don't get me wrong I love JD but the guy has had his share of demons that ruined what could have been a much more promising career.

Count me in on the "I'll watch it" crowd, and the I really like the 30 For 30 shows on ESPN.

I (unknowingly at the time) was playing a few holes behind him at a course in Hot Springs, AR back in the middle 90's. We couldn't figure out WHY we were SO stacked up on the back 9. Come to find out, John usually had to wait on most of the Par 4's for the group in front to reach the green or clear the green before he could hit is tee shot.

No matter what you think of John Daly, his story is interesting. Hell, 30 for 30 almost made a few pretty boring stories entertaining. There's no way this will be worse than "Ernie and Bernie".

No matter what you think of John Daly, his story is interesting. Hell, 30 for 30 almost made a few pretty boring stories entertaining. There's no way this will be worse than "Ernie and Bernie".
That was pretty bad. And it won't be half as depressing as Hillsborough.

I was given his book a few years ago for Christmas. It was not a tough read, not bad but don't think it really got into some of the stuff that most likely would not have painted him in the best light.

I bet this will be captivating view whether you are a fan or not.

I'll watch.

I still remember watching the 1991 PGA Championship. Daly was using Nick Price's caddy Squeeky, and I think he was an alternate.

Price was my favorite golfer at the time

30 for 30 is about the only thing ESPN does right so it should be good whether or not you like JD. Sometimes it seems like people hate this man on a personal level, like he stole 50 out of your pants while you were sleeping. Makes me laugh.

I think this one will be great to watch. Not just because it relates to golf but you can't say that Daly hasn't lived an interesting life.

I will have to watch it....too much drama not to watch

I've seen all the drama in his life already, in cases more than I needed. Wonder if they will ask him about filing the lawsuit against the childrens charity? Everyone should get a second chance in life. He has gotten two dozen, which makes him a lowlife.

Next April Daly will be eligible for the senior tour. That will be interesting, to say the least.

Next April Daly will be eligible for the senior tour. That will be interesting, to say the least.
Yes. He mentioned years ago in an article I read were he can't wait either. He can never miss a cut!

Yep, that sucks. I enjoy watching the Champions Tour right now.........

I met JD at the Lion's Den course a few years back. Pretty awesome guy to talk to, but then he went and pissed right around the corner outside of the clubhouse door. Ridiculous.

Back