W/S 8802 re-issue

thug the bunny

In Situ
Reaction score
Handicap
So, now that the 8802 milled face re-issue had been out for a while, has anyone bagged it, and what are your impressions and results?

So, now that the 8802 milled face re-issue had been out for a while, has anyone bagged it, and what are your impressions and results?

I like Jman's review of it. It's intriguing. I may. Just may jump on one

Yeah, I replied with a virtual drool in that review, although it wasn't a player's review, which is why I was wondering if anyone has played any rounds with it.

I bought a near-mint 8813 a couple years ago. The original leather grip was actually still soft, must have sat in someone's closet for 30 yrs. Using left hand low, I putted great with it (with a conventional grip, not so much), great that is, until I left it on the course one day and no one turned it in.

Again, wondering if it plays as good as it looks...

Jman has played rounds with it.

Oh, he must have added towards the end of the thread, going there now. Thanks!

I have one, it rolls nice but i was hitting everything past the hole because it is heavier than I am used to. I havent bagged it in awhile because I was getting better results with some lighter putters. If interested Id be happy to ship it too you for a tryout.

Oh, he must have added towards the end of the thread, going there now. Thanks!

That was the preview thread where you saw that, we usually do a preview thread for thoughts and discussion while we are working on the full review, then a new thread goes up, its easy to miss sometimes (I still do it too).

Here is the link to the full review on the homepage: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=23435

Here is the link to the full review thread: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?60976-Wilson-Staff-8802-Putter-Review

Hope that helps dude. If not, feel free to throw up any q's in there and I'll do my best to answer.

I have one, it rolls nice but i was hitting everything past the hole because it is heavier than I am used to. I havent bagged it in awhile because I was getting better results with some lighter putters. If interested Id be happy to ship it too you for a tryout.

This is interesting to me, especially with you rocking the SS. The new 8802 is actually only 335g, pretty light by today's standards.

BUT, in hand feel is always different for everyone.

I havent updated my sig for awhile so its not currently the ss in the bag anymore should have clarified that. Ive moved back to a blade style putter a few months ago and only occasionally put the ss in the bag if the greens are super slow or something. I actually roll the ss similar in distance to the wilson but I am able to square the head a little better due to the balance on the ss. I roll alot of puts a few feet past with the wilson and ss and on the downhill putts especially, with the blade Im using currently I either come up short or pin high on most putts so it has been working a little better for me on the faster greens.

I havent updated my sig for awhile so its not currently the ss in the bag anymore should have clarified that. Ive moved back to a blade style putter a few months ago and only occasionally put the ss in the bag if the greens are super slow or something. I actually roll the ss similar in distance to the wilson but I am able to square the head a little better due to the balance on the ss. I roll alot of puts a few feet past with the wilson and ss and on the downhill putts especially, with the blade Im using currently I either come up short or pin high on most putts so it has been working a little better for me on the faster greens.

Nice dude, its all about what works.

phenom, thanks for the offer, but I decided I'm definitely getting one.

Jman, nice review.

I'll come back to post my thoughts after I put a few miles on her..

I haven't seen them in any shops. I am not buying a $179 putter before I have laid my hands on it.

Back