United States makes mark on world soccer stage ...

Better that the U.S. is doing something than have nobody do anything and let the corruption continue.

My only question so far has been how all of these folks and not Sepp Blatter. However, quite a few of these names have surfaced many times. Didn't Jack Warner resign a while back after corruption allegations came out?

I don't think it is just the US at this point. I believe Switzerland has opened criminal cases on the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bids.

FIFA is corrupt and John Oliver's piece on HBO awhile back was brilliant.

and the Swiss, this is going to be interesting to follow over the years

The problem is, you have to get Blatter red handed. He is so slimy almost nothing sticks to him....

It is completely idiotic that the next 2 world cups are in Russia and Qatar (Qatar is an absolute joke). John Oliver has a had a couple pieces on FIFA and E60 had a piece about them the last couple weeks. The sad thing is most likely nothing will change going forward, but hope this investigation can help to get things moving in the right direction.

Wait, a major world sporting event awarded to Qatar, a place without a single stadium where it's 130 degrees, and corruption was involved? Shocking. What about the dead slave labor they've been using to build these stadiums? Most major sports are corrupt to some point, but FIFA is gross. I enjoy soccer, especially the WC but ewww

If I recall correctly, FIFA supposedly requested an investigation into the Russia and Qatar bids, but when it was finalized they didn't release it. Wonder what that report says, and wonder if it serves as any basis for the current investigations on the parts of the US and Swiss.

My only question so far has been how all of these folks and not Sepp Blatter. However, quite a few of these names have surfaced many times. Didn't Jack Warner resign a while back after corruption allegations came out?

he is swiss, therefore switzerland will not send him to the US for trial, they protect their residents.

from and outside US perspective, all the press is sayign that if they take the world cup from Quatar, they will have to give it to the USA... seems like a pretty big conflict of interest to me, and should be cheaper for the US than bribing the FIFA

**** this is not my opinion, just what I keep earing and reading

I am in favor of another governing body stepping up and taking over international soccer at this point. FIFA is a horrible, monstrous, corruption factory.

I am in favor of another governing body stepping up and taking over international soccer at this point. FIFA is a horrible, monstrous, corruption factory.

so is ernie in F1... seems to be the same with every international sports. I wouldnt be surprised if it was the case with the olympics too

Fifa is a joke. But we NEED it. By "we" I mean every other country in the world.

Somebody needs to take those basterds down. Unfortunately, I think, it looks like Middle Eastern Oil Royalty looks like the replacement options. And those guys have never been considered corrupt.

Just another reason I don't watch pro soccer.
Fwiw, pro soccer and Fifa aren't exactly the same. Fifa just write the "Laws of the Game" and manage the world cup. Sepp Blatter doesn't really do much for the MLS, for example.

there has been lots of evidence uncovered by British tabloids and braodsheets but this has been largely ignored by Fifa just saying that it's sour Grapes from the English FA.
FIFA is rotten to the core and I'm glad the USA has finally taken action, tbh honest it's quite comical really, the country where soccer is a poor relation to other sports and probably wouldn't gain that much
sets the ball rolling. I think Australia and England would get the tournaments if the others were stripped.
I was kinda hoping the UEFA president would run for FIFA as he is a Football man

It shouldnt be a surprise to anyone that FIFA is corrupt.

....... In other news, a bear has just taken a dump in some woods....

It shouldnt be a surprise to anyone that FIFA is corrupt.
I don't think anyone is shocked about the corruption. I think the shock comes in the fact that something - after all this time - is now being done about it.

The GOP is going to pounce on the Clinton Global Initiative and FIFA ties.

The GOP is going to pounce on the Clinton Global Initiative and FIFA ties.
Clinton reportedly punched a hole in the wall after FIFA didn't award the World Cup to the US. I don't think he has much love for FIFA, and probably is as happy as anyone to see these clowns going down.

cd2d6c378159adce5ac425a4660ede03.jpg

962ac45475c5e0c7d557cc120ab0c42e.jpg

2635a449b8d1359c91d7fdd2d008d61e.jpg

c20caa47da7632e797d472dc5b22f105.jpg

I think it make perfect sence that the US go after FIFA since they do not scare us like they do some of the soccer loving countries in the EU and South Am. if they retaliate against us most US fans could careless. plus they already stole 2022 from us

Back