Fall 2014 Central Iowa Get Together

Ok guys. Here is the plan for dinner Saturday.

Pulled pork or pulled chicken. Either on a plate or as a sandwich. Coleslaw, scalloped corn and either party potatoes or a cheesy rice dish. Chips and salsa to start and carmel brownies and cookies to finish. Drinks of your choice are byob. I'll have the football game either live or recorded. If you feel like chipping in $5.00 each would be appreciated.

Tap talking my way thru the World of golf!

Pulled pork or pulled chicken. Either on a plate or as a sandwich. Coleslaw, scalloped corn and either party potatoes or a cheesy rice dish. Chips and salsa to start and carmel brownies and cookies to finish. Drinks of your choice are byob. I'll have the football game either live or recorded. If you feel like chipping in $5.00 each would be appreciated.

Sounds great!

Man, that sounds like a ton of fun, just not sure if I'll be able to stick around for dinner with a 4 hour drive looming. Unless Mulligan comes in and says he really wants to stick around, I think I have to skip the dinner party.

Don't underestimate yourself. You are no where near ready. The golden cows will be staying in Iowa!

Ahhh... I see the Iowa Co - eds have already been mentioned. :p (just kidding of course)

I can't wait to have another chance to tame a particular hole at TCI. Its either hole 11 or 12, and I'm pretty sure its 12. Long iron, hybrid off the tee. Try to hug the left side, because your next shot is all carry over a giant gorge. That hole was my nemesis, but it's time to tame the beast.

Just a few days away. I can't even begin to describe how nice it is going to be for me to have a full weekend off.

~Rock

Pulled pork (or BBQ of any kind) is one of my favorite foods, however, I will have to pass on dinner Saturday. I have to get home to our newborn as Im sure my wife will want an hour or two break after me being gone all day. Beyond gracious of you and GF though.

..also, I tried looking up Honey Creek's dress code. The only bit of info I found stated shirts were required, soft spikes, and no boots. Is that really it? Not that I would show up shirtless and in work boots (although that sounds super classy), but I always get nervous showing up in shorts. Im guessing shorts are not an issue?

Pulled pork (or BBQ of any kind) is one of my favorite foods, however, I will have to pass on dinner Saturday. I have to get home to our newborn as Im sure my wife will want an hour or two break after me being gone all day. Beyond gracious of you and GF though.

..also, I tried looking up Honey Creek's dress code. The only bit of info I found stated shirts were required, soft spikes, and no boots. Is that really it? Not that I would show up shirtless and in work boots (although that sounds super classy), but I always get nervous showing up in shorts. Im guessing shorts are not an issue?

Shorts are not an issue (unless you plan on wearing Daisy dukes). I have seen guys out there in t shirts but they prefer polo shirts.

Friday Bump, sounds like maybe it's just me and Rock, which is more than OK, just wanted to double check so I can cancel one tee time.

Rock, did you want me to change the time?

As long as they aren't daisy duke cutoffs I'm sure you'll be fine :) bringing pants though.... Looks like it'll be on the chilly side

How cold is it getting in Iowa this time of year? I was thinking I might need pants just because it could be cold. I'm sure shorts would be fine if that's what you want to wear.

How cold is it getting in Iowa this time of year? I was thinking I might need pants just because it could be cold. I'm sure shorts would be fine if that's what you want to wear.
50-60 range I think.

As long as they aren't daisy duke cutoffs I'm sure you'll be fine :) bringing pants though.... Looks like it'll be on the chilly side

Low 40 ' s overnight. 60 on Saturday and 70 with some wind on Sunday. No Frost though!

Yeah, that's not shorts weather on Saturday. Way to roll out the nice weather for us, Iowa...

That is perfect shorts weather! You misc the Frost we had last year and I still wore shorts. I would be prepared to have both just in case. Might be nice to have shorts once sun comes up.

60's, that's totally shorts weather. 50's, also shorts weather. 40's, maybe consider pants. Im fat and always hot. :laugh:

Friday Bump, sounds like maybe it's just me and Rock, which is more than OK, just wanted to double check so I can cancel one tee time.

Rock, did you want me to change the time?

Remind me when the tee time is currently set up for?

Forecast is kind of all over the place at the moment. Friday and Saturday look to be 10 degrees below normal, with a high of 60, but now I see that Sunday has changed to be normal (high of 70). I'm bringing pants and shorts. Sunday will probably be an on the spot call. And of course, for all I know, meteorologists can't predict anything, so it could be 90 degrees this weekend.

~Rock

60's, that's totally shorts weather. 50's, also shorts weather. 40's, maybe consider pants. Im fat and always hot. :laugh:

Makes 2 of us!

Forecast is kind of all over the place at the moment. Friday and Saturday look to be 10 degrees below normal, with a high of 60, but now I see that Sunday has changed to be normal (high of 70). I'm bringing pants and shorts. Sunday will probably be an on the spot call. And of course, for all I know, meteorologists can't predict anything, so it could be 90 degrees this weekend.

~Rock
I was gonna say it may be anywhere between 90 and sunny and 25 and snow with how the meteorologists are!

You would bring pants if it was in the mid 60s, Mr. Stocking Cap.

I've got two tee times on Friday Afternoon, Ocrober 3rd at TCI, one at 12:30 and another at 12:40. It'll be the stay and play rate, I believe that's $47 with cart.

Yes
Icey
Mayor McRock
woody - Maybe

Waiting on Confirmation
McRocks BFF
Instant3
manlai
Lance0363
Qua1l
Upon3
Leftysean

~Rock

Anyone else interested?

I don't care where we eat. I am hoping to arrive around 5 530. Depending on my day that could be moved back till 7 or so.

You would bring pants if it was in the mid 60s, Mr. Stocking Cap.
I will have pants, winter hat and my rain pants to keep me warm. :) I'm made for warm weather.... What can I say?!

We'll be in town around 9pm.

I should be able to make the 1240 tee time. I have a 10am appointment that hopefully only takes 30 minutes at one of our offices, then I will just drive up to TCI. It looks like it will take me 80 minutes to get there, so I shouldn't have any issues getting there in time to tee off.

And....I just confirmed with my boss for taking Friday afternoon off. He complained that I just took a friday off (last week), and I reminded him that bar association meetings, even if at Lake Okoboji, are still work.

So, I guess we can keep it at 1240. If its just the two of us, and no slow play in front, were gonna end up getting done in 3 hours probably. More time for post round beverages I suppose.

As for Friday dinner.....I think Landmark or TCI will be fine. I have doubts that Latitude will be open (unless they have indoor seating). I will say, Landmark could be pretty awesome, sounds like their Friday evening menu is pretty spectacular, and the beverages are probably cheaper too.

~Rock

Back