NHL 2014-2015 Season

CC6ucu-UkAE0-8C.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Almost as many cup banners.

Shea Weber injured and doesn't return...oof. There goes my bracket.

Rumor around Nashville is it's a knee and he's done for the year.

Don't give up on the Preds though. We've got a deep defense and most of us feel like Weber's been playing injured for the second half of the year. He just hasn't looked like his normal self since the all-star break.

Now, I'm not silly enough to say the loss of Weber will have no impact, but I don't think it signals a sure playoff exit.

EDM getting the first pick again is an absolute joke.

Three straight years of #1 overall, PLUS a lotto win, should equate to it being impossible to pick top two for a number of years.

No argument there.

If Edmonton had any sense, they'd trade the pick for a boatload of defensive talent and an excellent goalie. Or take the pick and trade off several of their other offensive assets for goalie/D.

But they won't and McDavid will be wasted....

Ducks are once again the comeback kids! Silfverberg wins it with 20 seconds left on a wicked shot. To Winnipeg!

100% agree but the leafs will win the cup before Katz fires his friends.

I think as a business man when they move into the new rink and its half empty all the time his tune may change. Then again, probably not.

Rumor around Nashville is it's a knee and he's done for the year.

Don't give up on the Preds though. We've got a deep defense and most of us feel like Weber's been playing injured for the second half of the year. He just hasn't looked like his normal self since the all-star break.

Now, I'm not silly enough to say the loss of Weber will have no impact, but I don't think it signals a sure playoff exit.

I hope for the sake of my pool you are right!!!

No argument there.

If Edmonton had any sense, they'd trade the pick for a boatload of defensive talent and an excellent goalie. Or take the pick and trade off several of their other offensive assets for goalie/D.

But they won't and McDavid will be wasted....
If they deal McD, they will get destroyed by their fans. Everything I've read is that he's a generation player. One of a kind.

Now, I could see them moving Nuge, Hall, or someone like that.

No way they move McDavid. That would have been like Pittsburgh trading Crosby. McDavid is the first generational talent of the 4 #1s they've had. I love watching Hall and would take him in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't be shocked if Hall moves. He's been remoured to have a poor work ethic, but does have the scoring talent. Think they have to move him in exchange for a top 1-2 defencemen +.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be shocked if Hall moves. He's been remoured to have a poor work ethic, but does have the scoring talent. Think they have to move him in exchange for a top 1-2 defencemen +.

Always fun playing armchair GM...but I wonder if Rinehart and Zadorov would be enough to get Hall or would they have to throw in a pick too?

Always fun playing armchair GM...but I wonder if Rinehart and Zadorov would be enough to get Hall or would they have to throw in a pick too?

I don't know if the would look for a young d-man or if they would look for someone with more experience.

Rinehart is a big piece to be throwing out there though.

I don't know if the would look for a young d-man or if they would look for someone with more experience.

Rinehart is a big piece to be throwing out there though.

Fun to think about. Zadorov's size and talent impresses me but his work ethic might be on par with Hall's. I haven't been all that impressed with the little I've seen of Rinehart so far.

Fun to think about. Zadorov's size and talent impresses me but his work ethic might be on par with Hall's. I haven't been all that impressed with the little I've seen of Rinehart so far.

What do the Sabres expect of Rinehart? Don't really hear much of him here and what is expected of him and the type of player they hope to develop.

What do the Sabres expect of Rinehart? Don't really hear much of him here and what is expected of him and the type of player they hope to develop.

I think they expect a #1 or #2 center. He did not look ready at all the 9 games he played at the beginning of the season and I don't think he lit it up in juniors when he went back either. I bet Eichel stays at BU another year.

I think they expect a #1 or #2 center. He did not look ready at all the 9 games he played at the beginning of the season and I don't think he lit it up in juniors when he went back either. I bet Eichel stays at BU another year.

Yeah, not sure he's ever put up a huge amount of points. I know at the world juniors they talked about his two-way game a lot.

Yeah, not sure he's ever put up a huge amount of points. I know at the world juniors they talked about his two-way game a lot.

Yeah, hear a lot about his hockey IQ. He's got to get stronger.

EDM getting the first pick again is an absolute joke.

Three straight years of #1 overall, PLUS a lotto win, should equate to it being impossible to pick top two for a number of years.

MWAHAHAHA tee hee hee hee. I missed the broadcast, came across the result accidentally while surfing yahoo and about fell outta my chair.

Nuge, Hall, Ebs all had meetings with MacT last week and were told they wouldn't be moved this off season. Wonder if that changes now. We really desperately need a couple top Dmen and a decent goalie. Not prospects, we have lots of those (at least on D - Nurse, Klefbom had a very nice 2nd half, Marincin if he puts on 15-20 lbs, couple other guys in the minors)....guys who can come in and be #1D/#2D right now today and stay a while doing it.

MWAHAHAHA tee hee hee hee. I missed the broadcast, came across the result accidentally while surfing yahoo and about fell outta my chair.

Nuge, Hall, Ebs all had meetings with MacT last week and were told they wouldn't be moved this off season. Wonder if that changes now. We really desperately need a couple top Dmen and a decent goalie. Not prospects, we have lots of those (at least on D - Nurse, Klefbom had a very nice 2nd half, Marincin if he puts on 15-20 lbs, couple other guys in the minors)....guys who can come in and be #1D/#2D right now today and stay a while doing it.

That was a stupid move by MacT. If you want to improve this team you need to trade one of them. Now that he has said that if he does trade one his word is useless and players will know that. He is losing respect quickly.

Lol the stupidity continues.

Caps vs Islanders about to start for game 3!

Caps vs Islanders about to start for game 3!
You must be feeling better after game 2. Game 1 result had to have put a scare in you. Better hope the Islanders don't remember how to play like they did the first half of the season.

You must be feeling better after game 2. Game 1 result had to have put a scare in you. Better hope the Islanders don't remember how to play like they did the first half of the season.
Caps know how they need to play to beat this team if they can accomplish that they will win. Holtby is back in net and pressure is on the Islanders with all this stuff about the last season at a crappy arena haha

That was a stupid move by MacT. If you want to improve this team you need to trade one of them. Now that he has said that if he does trade one his word is useless and players will know that. He is losing respect quickly.

I've never seen this many Oilers fans in this thread ever, funny how that works. :alien:
He still has some respect? That is so sad. Trades need to happen and some more hard nose vets are the ticket, the entire organization needs an attitude adjustment and I think Eberle will be the one on the move. I would love to see McDavid not sign that would make my hockey year.

Moose you guys have some good prospects in the system, that Baptiste kid had something like 90 points in jr's this year. If Jack does stay at BU it might not be a bad thing you will get another high pick next year.

Here we go Crest, this game has some great pace to it and just might be a track meet today. Great atmosphere on the island, love hearing a crowd that is into it like this. Lets see what happens if the Caps score first, they are going to need to silence the crowd somehow.

Islanders are looking good and the Caps look to be on their heals and take a stupid penalty. Holtby is going to have to be good on this pp.

Good kill but have to be much more disciplined. Need to weather this first 10 minutes

Back