The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a bunch of possessions with great field position, UNC finally gets some points from it.

Ready to play the bully to some Wolverines. Great start. Gotta think the games gonna be a little chippy.

I cannot believe UNC went for and got the onside kick.

ESPN radio just called LSUs home field the swamp. That's not quite right.
THE Death Valley and they can't get it right. Lol

I certainly wouldn't be sad to see Kentucky upset Miss State.

I certainly wouldn't be sad to see Kentucky upset Miss State.

It would show everyone how amazing the bottom of the SEC is that they can compete with the big boys... (I'm rolling my eyes if you can't picture me)

Wooooooooo! Pick 6! 21-3 Green!

It would show everyone how amazing the bottom of the SEC is that they can compete with the big boys... (I'm rolling my eyes if you can't picture me)

I don't give a crap, it gives us a better shot at the championship, both SEC and National.

I still doubt we get through our schedule, but you never know

Miss St D line has been phenomenal, the biggest reason they have a lead.

Well, congrats Michigan. First TD in over 1000 days against MSU. And messed with the spread going for 2. Go punch it in and make it right.

Miss St D line has been phenomenal, the biggest reason they have a lead.

The other reason would be the inability of the Kentucky WRs to catch a football.

Well, congrats Michigan. First TD in over 1000 days against MSU. And messed with the spread going for 2. Go punch it in and make it right.

Thank you Langford. Made it all right. It just got personal.

Pitt served up a win to my Jackets today. 7 fumbles and they lost 6 of them. 56-28 win for Tech.

Pitt served up a win to my Jackets today. 7 fumbles and they lost 6 of them. 56-28 win for Tech.

I saw the score, wondered what happened. Big win for Tech.

Worst inside kick of all time.

Ouch Kentucky shows how not to perform the on-side kick.

No. 9 Gorillas Rally in Second Half For 36-21 Victory

PITTSBURG — Ninth-ranked Pittsburg State University overcame a 21-13 third quarter deficit to score the game's final 23 points and claim a 36-21 victory over upset-minded University of Nebraska-Kearney Saturday (Oct. 25) at Brandenburg Field/Carnie Smith Stadium.

Quarterback Anthony Abenoja passed for 377 yards, including a pair of second-half touchdown passes, to help lead the comeback for Pitt State (7-1, 7-1 MIAA).

UNK (2-6, 2-6 MIAA), which saw its modest two-game winning streak snapped in the contest, utilized big plays to make the Gorillas trail for 33 minutes, 31 seconds of play clock in the contest. Quarerback Bronson Marsh broke loose for a 34-yard touchdown run for a 7-0 UNK lead, then added a 75-yard touchdown connection to Cougar Williams one play after the Gorillas trimmed the margin to 7-3 on Connor Frazell's 37-yard field goal.

Pitt State chipped away at the lead as Frazell booted a 20-yard field goal and Brian Poston scored on a three-yard run to give the Lopers a 14-13 edge at halftime.

UNK then struck again three plays into the third quarter as Marsh connected with Tityus Marshall on a 74-yard scoring pass to extend the margin to 21-13 with 13:27 to play in the third period.

Frazell booted his third field goal of the game – this one from 38 yards out – to draw within five points, at 21-16; and Abenoja connected with running back Jamal Tyler on a 15-yard scoring pass to give Pitt State its first lead, at 22-21 with 21 seconds remaining in the third quarter.

Abenoja later converted on a 4th-and-2 pass play, hitting wide receiver Gavin Lutman for a three-yard touchdown pass to make it a 29-21 game and Tyler capped the scoring with a 14-yard run with 3:45 to play in the game. Abenoja completed 28 of 47 passes in the game for 377 yards. Marquise Cushon caught eight passes for a game-high 134 yards. He also carried the ball three times for 32 yards. Lutman added six catches for 98 yards, while Tyler carried the ball 15 times for 102 yards and caught five passes for 42 yards through the air.

Keeston Terry paced the Pitt State defense with seven stops, including two behind the line of scrimmage.

Marsh passed for 197 yards and two touchdowns and carried the ball 14 times for a team-leading 56 yards. Romero Cotton also had nine carries for 53 yards for the Lopers.

The Gorillas will travel to Joplin, Mo., next Saturday (Nov. 1) to face Missouri Southern State University in MIAA action. The Lions (4-4) defeated Lindenwood University, 31-17, Saturday at St. Charles, Mo

I think Pitt fumbled their first 4 possessions all leading to TD's lol

That's not a very good way to win a football game.

I know, I watched Auburn do it two weeks ago.

I think Pitt fumbled their first 4 possessions all leading to TD's lol
35 points off turnovers for Ga Tech. Both teams play little defense. 500 yards of offense for each team.
That's not a very good way to win a football game.

I know, I watched Auburn do it two weeks ago.

I'm not sure who to pull for in the LSU game, if Auburn ends up with 1 loss Ole Miss winning this is beneficial. But since I see Auburn losing again Miss losing would be a good thing.

Golden opportunity squandered by LSU

LSU playing inspired ball so far

I've changed my prediction, Auburn will lose 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back