Forgiving hybrid without a draw bias

I still need to try one of these. To date I have not hit a Titleist hybo. I've loved their fairways and drivers though.

I have both the fairway and the hybrid, if you love the fairway I think it is probably safe to say you would like the hybrid as well. I think they are great clubs.

Quick thoughts:
1) Swing flaw........ Discussed....
2) Why play something that exaggerates the miss?
3) Not sure that offset equates necessarily to draw bias, but I contend there's a strong correlation.
4) Club Suggestions: Cleveland 588, Adams Idea A12 Pro (the driving iron looking one with the black and yellow), Cleveland Altitude, Tour Edge CB line

Hope this helps!

Some might say its not very forgiving, but I don't find the XR Pro to be difficult to hit. I was a little apprehensive and then I started hitting it and was blown away. It launches easy, it goes far and it goes where I point it.

910/913/915

Adams Mini Pro or Callaway X2 Hot seem to be good options, especially if you really like the Aldila Tour Green shafts. Both come stock with that shaft and are pretty cheap these days.

I'm looking for a good hybrid recommendation for a better player (at least I think I'm a better player) that doesn't have draw bias, but is also forgiving. My X2 Hot with the tour green shaft is great, but I can really send it left if I put a bad swing on it. My current thought is the Srixon ZH45 hybrid if I can get a Tour Green shaft in it.

Have you considered the Srixon utility iron?
Sometimes the difference in shaft weight between the iron and hybrid can lead to a tendency to hook the hybrid. The utility iron is standard with a steel shaft. The Srixon utility iron is easier to hit than I thought it would be. If you do go with the Srixon hybrid (h45) the stock shaft is very good or you might try a light weight steel shaft in it. Just some other things to consider. Good luck.

Have you considered the Srixon utility iron?
Sometimes the difference in shaft weight between the iron and hybrid can lead to a tendency to hook the hybrid. The utility iron is standard with a steel shaft. The Srixon utility iron is easier to hit than I thought it would be. If you do go with the Srixon hybrid (h45) the stock shaft is very good or you might try a light weight steel shaft in it. Just some other things to consider. Good luck.

I think that Adams A12 Pro (prototype?) hybrid is a good cross between a hybrid and a utility iron. It's got a little more forgiveness than a utility iron, but is the same basic ideal (more of an iron like hybrid with little offset).

It's one that a hack like me can even hit. I hit it surprisingly well -- probably better than I hit the more forgiving Adams hybrids.

I think that Adams A12 Pro (prototype?) hybrid is a good cross between a hybrid and a utility iron. It's got a little more forgiveness than a utility iron, but is the same basic ideal (more of an iron like hybrid with little offset).

It's one that a hack like me can even hit. I hit it surprisingly well -- probably better than I hit the more forgiving Adams hybrids.

I think the Adams DHY is probably the most iron like of hybrids. I think the TM Aeroburner TP and the Callaway XR pro would also be very good hybrids with a more neutral set-up.

Any thought as to how the Adams Pro performs and feels compared to the Adams 9031? I had a 9031 for a very short time. I hit it great in the store and could never get it off the ground on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an older TaylorMade TP Hybrid that isn't necessarily forgiving, but it is easy to hit as it is a hybrid. It's a very solid club and definitely has no draw bias.

Adams black super hybrid, an older club but my favorite. It is so easy to hit

All Adams hybos are solid in my opinion. Fair at address and can be worked fairly easily

Any thought as to how the Adams Pro performs and feels compared to the Adams 9031? I had a 9031 for a very short time. I hit it great in the store and could never get it off the ground on the course.

I'm a low swing speed hack and have had zero issues with the A12 Pro off the deck, both in 20 and 23, even with an X flex Matrix Ozik shaft. These are my buddy's clubs and I hit them at the range. They're not spec'd to me. Obviously the 23 is easier, but that's kind of the loft I think you are looking at.

This is probably my favorite Adams hybrid. I've owned a bunch of them. It's just straight ball after straight ball.

I just purchased a Taylormade SLDR 3 hybrid and love it. Less offset than my previous club and it is much easier to work the ball. Another plus is it is adjustable and only cost $100 from GG. I've only played a couple of rounds with it but no complaints here. I will say it seems heavier and more solid than my previous club (RBZ).

I would say the x hot pro with more traditional shape might be your thing. It's not toe heavy like x2 hot and I'm not a fan of the new shape.

Another great looking option that is more neutral bias and at a very good price is the Cleveland 588 hybrid. Easy to use and is a great looking club. I would think you could put the tour green shaft in it and not have a lot in it, so if it doesn't work for you not out much.

Tour Edge CB5 hybrid. But only if you're a single digit. Long as all get out. Only effective if you can hit the sweet spot consistently. There's a reason Tour Pros carry them even though they aren't paid to. York can pick one up new for around $100.

(Shaking my head) Called my local golf stores and neither place in Tupelo has any hybrid demos. That leaves my only option to go to the local Dicks and I think all they have are Taylormade and a Callaway (and no TP or pro models). Looks like I'll be waiting until I have to go out of town for some reason.

(Shaking my head) Called my local golf stores and neither place in Tupelo has any hybrid demos. That leaves my only option to go to the local Dicks and I think all they have are Taylormade and a Callaway (and no TP or pro models). Looks like I'll be waiting until I have to go out of town for some reason.

You could go and at least try them, unless you have already made up your mind that Callaway or TM is off your list. The TP/pro versions are more neutral but I find that even though my miss is a hook/pull that the non TP/pro version work better for me than the TP version (less forgiving IMO). The callaway XR and TM Aeroburner are worth a look and the R15 is a good offering if you need the adjustments.

Tour Edge CB5 hybrid. But only if you're a single digit. Long as all get out. Only effective if you can hit the sweet spot consistently. There's a reason Tour Pros carry them even though they aren't paid to. York can pick one up new for around $100.

Tour Edge make great Fairway Woods and Hybrids. The Exotics and Trilogy ranges have low offset and are quite forgiving. Worth a look.

I've narrowed it down to the Titleist 915 or Srixon H45 in Aldila Tour green. I'll get one of them in a 4 hybrid to replace my 3 iron. I hit a 19-20 degree about 230-235 and need to drop that to about 220-225.

Now I just have to make up my mind :)

Last edited:
I've narrowed it down

You should find and read the article from Golf Digest about hitting hybrids and what to do if you're hooking them.

You should find and read the article from Golf Digest about hitting hybrids and what to do if you're hooking them.

Says the guy that doesn't have a hybrid in his bag.....

For the OP: I have the X2 Hot Pro hybrids right now, and they can go left on me with a bad swing. The ball can go left on me with any club in my bag on a bad swing, but it's accentuated with a hybrid. Perhaps I should read that article too. However, I will say that the adjustable hybrids where you can set the face to open help decrease the threat of a hook. I had an old Taylormade Rescue TP hybrid from 2011 that I loved for that reason. I'd imagine that the new Taylormade hybrids allow that as well, along with the Titleist 915 hybrids and the Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 hybrids.

Says the guy that doesn't have a hybrid in his bag.....

For the OP: I have the X2 Hot Pro hybrids right now, and they can go left on me with a bad swing. The ball can go left on me with any club in my bag on a bad swing, but it's accentuated with a hybrid. Perhaps I should read that article too. However, I will say that the adjustable hybrids where you can set the face to open help decrease the threat of a hook. I had an old Taylormade Rescue TP hybrid from 2011 that I loved for that reason. I'd imagine that the new Taylormade hybrids allow that as well, along with the Titleist 915 hybrids and the Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 hybrids.
Wait, are you being snarky to me because I don't play a hybrid? Have you read the article?

Back