Michigan hackers, check in here

Just out of curiosity, how much snow did you guys get this year and what's your yearly average over there?
We usually get around 50" or so and we are right around average (last year we were almost 110"). Our temps for February this year were the 5th coldest on record tho.

Gotcha, I'm just trying to guesstimate how long before I'll be able to golf outside, and I know you guys typically have it a little tougher out there.

Thanks

Using Tapatalk

Gotcha, I'm just trying to guesstimate how long before I'll be able to golf outside, and I know you guys typically have it a little tougher out there.

Thanks

Using Tapatalk
No problem buddy. I'm down by Lake Erie so it's usually mid/late March for me.

I've been hearing tales that courses are open for playing in Columbus. Gotta think we are only a couple of weeks away from go time!

I've been hearing tales that courses are open for playing in Columbus. Gotta think we are only a couple of weeks away from go time!
My course is improving every day. I can see most tee boxes, greens, and fairways.

I've also heard some courses are throwing black sand on greens and such
to speed up melting. It'll be wet for about another week or so but after that it's game time. Rain would probably help speed it up as well.

And this weekend looks fantastic. Low 50s and sun. Might find myself walking if they let me.

I can't wait for the courses to open back up. Just put together a team for a local golf league, my first league. So I can't wait to get to swing outside.

Looks fantastic Mike. Thanks for setting it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You gonna be there? It's been too long since we've teed it up together

You gonna be there? It's been too long since we've teed it up together

As of right now I'm in for sure, but it's early and you know I'm never 100% on where I'll be working.

Drove by Bedford hills today and to my complete shock they were open! Course was 90% clear of snow that I saw. Making me rethink their scramble next Saturday. It will be wet but it will also be clear of snow for sure by then.

Drove by Bedford hills today and to my complete shock they were open! Course was 90% clear of snow that I saw. Making me rethink their scramble next Saturday. It will be wet but it will also be clear of snow for sure by then.
Wow, that's crazy. I'll just stick to fun, cheaper rounds for right now though.

Wow, that's crazy. I'll just stick to fun, cheaper rounds for right now though.

Well we can't all go off on a whim and play Pinehurst so I do have a little more disposable cash at the moment...

No other course I can see from the road is anywhere near ready like they are so while normally I would agree with you on that, my options are limited.

Well we can't all go off on a whim and play Pinehurst so I do have a little more disposable cash at the moment...

No other course I can see from the road is anywhere near ready like they are so while normally I would agree with you on that, my options are limited.
Let's turn a monitor session into a round there! I assume it's walking only, right?

Let's turn a monitor session into a round there! I assume it's walking only, right?

All I saw were walkers and that's what I would do. I'll text you and we can figure out if there's a time that works.

Michigan hackers, check in here

http://www.bedfordhillsgolf.com/calendar/

2015 Bedford 2-Person Chili Open
Saturday, March 21, 2015 @ Bedford Hills G.C.

Shotgun start @ 10:00am
18-Hole 2-Person Scramble
Long Drive and Closest to the Pin Contests
Prizes for Top Winners plus Skins Pot*

$42.00 per player.
Price includes:
- 18 Holes Golf w/cart
- Hot Dog & Chili
- Soft Drink OR Draft Beer
- PLUS Contest Prizes

* $20.00 per team optional Skins pot

Making a last push for this. I drove by the course today and it looks in amazingly good shape. I talked to the general manager and he said they expect to have it cart ready by Thursday.

We will need an even number of people for this but the GM has already told me that he would make sure and group people together. There are plenty of spaces available. They have 72 people signed up but they can hold up to 200 total. That makes it sound like they would be using all three courses to accommodate those numbers.

Tyler is considering and I am in. If we can get enough interest for this I will make a new thread and we can get some official sign-ups going.

Does anyone know of any courses open near Shebly Township? The closest course I could find was Rackham. 20.00 for 9 or 18 walking only, which is a really good price just not sure about the drive.

Spring is coming Michigan!

Let's list the courses we find open

Eagle Eye in lansing $40 for 18 with a cart (CPO), greens in decent shape, no disease or dead spots just a little inconsistent on speed.

I drove by Sanctuary Lake and Sylvan Glen in Troy yesterday and they were both open

Rbarthle17 and I played Bedford Hills. All you can play after 3 for $10 (+$5 if you want a cart). It was surprisingly dry and no snow left anywhere. Greens were slow and inconsistent but hey, $10 to take swings is better than the range any day.

Looking forward to teeing it up with more THPers this year.

Looks like i drew the U.P. card this year for our office reviews. Trying to figure out some way i can hit up Timberstone, Greywalls and Sweetgrass all in one trip.

We are playing all three labor day weekend for my 50th. Sweetgrass has a deal going all summer for this need to book soon as these are filling up quickly...

Looks like i drew the U.P. card this year for our office reviews. Trying to figure out some way i can hit up Timberstone, Greywalls and Sweetgrass all in one trip.

If it's a weekend, let me know if you play Greywalls, I'd love to join you!

Spring valley in kawkawlin is open, $10 for nine holes.

Back