What has been your favorite round of golf this year?

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Not necessarily your best round or favorite course but overall what was your favorite round of golf you have played this season?

I've had a bunch of great ones with some local THPer's and some awesome memories with my teammates from TheCup but for overall favorite I think mine was with Dazeedmonds as my partner and being up against brianmk24 and mtcowdog at TrueBlue during TheCup. It was a perfect combination of playing some good golf at a really fun course, having a fun partner that picked me up several times and playing against a couple of truly nice and enjoyable guys.

How about you guys?

LOTS of good ones to pick from 2016

1. Me/War Eagle/Jman/Ddec at Club clash tackling the course record at the Conservatory
2. Me/Ddec/JB/WARDy at the staff retreat at Mission Inn (technically last year but within 12 month), lots of 1 liners from that one, most not family friendly.
3. Me/My FatherInLaw/Pkorf/PhillyV-South Course at Firestone, while I wanted to play this course badly, my father in law couldnt stop smiling from the time I told him we were playing there til the time we left the course. If anyone deserved that day it was him.

Probably a league round that we weren't sure would be a good fit, but it was awesome. So much so that we played together in the end of year tournament.

A few come to mind:

Practice round with some of the DMV Regional Rivalry guys at RNK ( had a blast on the drive there and back also)
Unofficial DMV outing as Raspberry Falls

The one for me was with Golfinut at the good old Pinecrest. We meet after work during the Summer and had a few cold beverages and just yuked it up. I have no idea the score well except for the fact that he beat me, it was just a blast.

Shooting an EVEN round @ Gaylord Springs in Nashville in May. First time ever seeing the course. We got stuck playing in rain gear in sideways rain & 20mph wind with gusts all day. I stiffed one on the 18th to finish with birdie.

Absolutely LOVED the course. Hopefully I'll play it again soon, but in some better weather.

*** Also… almost forgot to mention my partner & I playing my ex-wife's lawyer in our 9 hole Thursday night league, lol. I have never been so focused in my life. We totally trucked them with my partner shooting a 36 (E) and I shot 33 (-3).

This past weekend I played with my brother, brother in law and his boss and laughed for 36 straight holes. It helped we started with the Fireball at 8:30AM.

Sunday fun day at TPC Vegas just a few days ago.

1. Me/War Eagle/Jman/Ddec at Club clash tackling the course record at the Conservatory
2. Me/Ddec/JB/WARDy at the staff retreat at Mission Inn (technically last year but within 12 month), lots of 1 liners from that one, most not family friendly.
3. Me/My FatherInLaw/Pkorf/PhillyV-South Course at Firestone, while I wanted to play this course badly, my father in law couldnt stop smiling from the time I told him we were playing there til the time we left the course. If anyone deserved that day it was him.
Sounds like we have a good time teeing it up together. The two at the top of yours are certainly up there on my list.

For me, it was our Saturday round at the THP Bridgestone Championship.

I played Friday with pmm21, mmartinez27 and Kevinhooch and then again Sunday with my partner Vortex along with pmm21 and johnpjr. Those were both really enjoyable rounds.

But the Saturday round with Vortex, VegasMav and
JBJGolf was probably the most fun round of golf I've ever played. All four of us just clicked and we had a ton of laughs.

Don't forget the infamous putt putt round at Club Clash. That deserves an honorable mention.

Don't forget the infamous putt putt round at Club Clash. That deserves an honorable mention.

Oh lord that from beginning to end that might be #1 lol

Lot's of great rounds this year, my favorite was with my Dad, Uncle and one of my childhood buddies right before my wedding.

it's pretty easy for me: maderas at this year's px handcrafted experience event. the course was really pretty and i played decently for me, but the nonstop laughs with wake and itsopeningday made it something i'll never forget.

Any of the rounds with fellow THPers. Whether it's during a NorCal weekend or our annual NorCal vs SoCal competition there are always a ton of laughs and possibly actually some good golf. However, my favorite rounds this year were this last weekend during the #THPBridgestoneChamp at TPC Vegas.

Let's see....three or four Saturday's ago at Monarch Dunes Golf Course in Nipomo Ca. It's my favorite course of all courses I've played. It was perfect in every way except for my score. Althouh I did pretty well on the front nine....for me...shot 40 or 41.

Score wise....it was two weeks ago when I played with my Dad at Rancho Maria Golf Course in Santa Maria, CA and shot a 37 on the front and a 45 on the back. Total of 82 and that's my personal best at this time. Been playing for 10 months so I feel happy with good progress.

That was a pretty spectacular time. So glad that I didnt kill somebody with that 60 yard-backwards-putter-out-of-the-sand debacle of a shot lol. I still wonder where that ball ended up!

My favorite is probably the seven-some we played at Bear Creek with KC720, mtcowdog, Orutravis, PhillyGolfGuy, and JP_CO. We let about 6 groups go through and I almost killed Kang on 18 haha.

Honorable mention to all 3 rounds in Vegas this weekend, all 3 rounds at Club Clash, a match play game against a good buddy of mine where we both played lights out and the match came down to the final hole, and the many evening rounds with another buddy where we just goof off, take "medicine", and scavenge for golf balls while we play.

Im super fortunate to have had so many super fun rounds this past year. Many thanks to my THP family for facilitating it all!!!

My last round.

Personal best total score and birdies in a round.

Lots of great rounds with fellow THPers this year, and the round I shot my PB on.

A lot of great ones in 2016 including 3 rounds at the Kickoff Classic, the 69 I shot about 2 months ago, the #CallOut with v.man, etc. But the top spot has to go to the 2nd and final round of a big 2 person best ball tournament at my home course. My partner and I were 5 behind the leader after day 1 and we fought back to tie them and force an alternate shot playoff. After matching pars on the 1st hole, I stuck a 9 iron to 4 feet on the 2nd hole and my partner drained the putt for the birdie and win. Was pretty cool having about 50 people following and watching the playoff.

Last edited:
I'd have to go with my round at Mauna Kea on Hawaii with my daughter last April. One of my top 3 favorite courses and my daughter has the most positive attitude on the golf course of anyone I know.

I have a feeling that my favorite overall for the year will be one of the five rounds being played on my upcoming Ryder Cup boys weekend that starts September 29th.

Last edited:
A 1 day couples tournament with my wife and we played some some good friends at Circling Raven.
We played well and finished 3rd, but most important was playing with friends and having a great time !

The first round at the Regional Rivalry. It was my competitive round with THPers. It was great!

Me and gunner doing a call out round in 33 degree weather on sort of frozen greens, the weather was awful but I will remember it forever, especially my trick shot on an extra ball purposely bouncing the ball off the frozen lake onto the green on the par 3. The last few holes where it started pouring rain and still 33 degrees was just ****ing rude and poor form by mother nature though.

The round I played the day after the Regional Rivalry. After a 36 hole grind on a really hot day, it was nice to chill with 7 other THP'ers from both teams in a relaxed round on a nice course. Great way to unwind before the post event doldrums set in.

1 under 71, gold tee's though but those tee's are great for my 72 year old/well used body, Aug 10th this year. Been playing 3 times a week for 4 months now and that's really improved my game.

Back