2014 Adams Tight Lies Preview

This little sucker is surprising.

For those interested I posted mine in the marketplace. Nothing wrong with it I just hit the Cally x2hot better.

This little sucker is surprising.
Details?

The Tight Lies FW were right behind the G30s for me, so if the Tight Lies hybrid is as good, then it's one to keep in mind.

Details?

The Tight Lies FW were right behind the G30s for me, so if the Tight Lies hybrid is as good, then it's one to keep in mind.
Its easy up, good flight, good toe side, and a good bit longer than I expected, hit it as far as I did my bio. Ready to get some more range and course time with it tomorrow.

Its easy up, good flight, good toe side, and a good bit longer than I expected, hit it as far as I did my bio. Ready to get some more range and course time with it tomorrow.
I found the same as well compared to the BioCell. I was getting practically the same distance with the 22 TL as I was with the BioCell set at 19. Within 2-3 yards. Needless to say the BioCell was kicked out of the bag and sold. I can't wait until TMAG gets the 19 to me...

I found the same as well compared to the BioCell. I was getting practically the same distance with the 22 TL as I was with the BioCell set at 19. Within 2-3 yards. Needless to say the BioCell was kicked out of the bag and sold. I can't wait until TMAG gets the 19 to me...

Is that with the TL or the Titanium TL? I have a brand new Bio Cell+ 5 wood that I am thinking of returning for the new Adams TL 5 wood...

Is that with the TL or the Titanium TL? I have a brand new Bio Cell+ 5 wood that I am thinking of returning for the new Adams TL 5 wood...
It is the hybrid 22. I had it in the bag at the time with a BioCell set to 19.

I just got the 4Hy in a trade, will be putting it through the simulator paces against my XTD 4i to compare. Will post here if interested.

I just got the 4Hy in a trade, will be putting it through the simulator paces against my XTD 4i to compare. Will post here if interested.

So I assume it arrived ok then? Sometimes I worry about USPS shipping.

So I assume it arrived ok then? Sometimes I worry about USPS shipping.

Yes it arrived just before we turned into the southernmost outpost of the Yukon.

Sorry guys I got sick last night. Spirit wants to go hit, body says no way in hell.

Okay so I finally got swings in on it. The bottom line is this is a beautiful club that doesn't fit my game right now.

There's a reason I am playing all irons right now. I hit them well. I need the extra stiffness of a steel shaft in my clubs. This club, even in a stiff shaft, has too much flex for my game. I was hooking the ball like crazy in the simulator compared to my XTD 4 iron which i was hitting either straight or a manageable draw.

The hybrid at 22° is the same loft as my 4 iron but the shaft is almost 1/2" longer at 39.5". That puts it a 1/4" shorter than my 1 iron. I was having to choke up to the top of the grip to get a comfortable length on it.

You feel the weight of the head in the shaft when holding the club. This was another red flag for me because that has historically led to nonstop hooks with my swing. But I will say that actually swinging the club I felt the weight of the head a lot less that I expected. But the results were a lot of hooks.

All in all I am not sorry I traded for this. It was a good experience in trying this and reaffirmed what I need in a club these days. It just isn't for me.

V helpful rb thanks

Having said all that is am putting this up for "sale" with the blessing of the original owner. The club is in great condition with an stiff kuro kage shaft and head cover. If anyone wants it, just pay for shipping and it's yours.

If this has not been spoken for... I will most definitely take it.

I have been wanting to move over to 4 hybrid BAD!

It's heading to Hawk today. Thank you everyone for the interest. I'll update the other post.

It's heading to Hawk today. Thank you everyone for the interest. I'll update the other post.

Hawk, if you do not like it... I will gladly take it off of your hands.

I just got my 19 tight lies hybrid and 15 tight lies fairway ti, I'll report back after the weekend, they sure are pretty, and feel good,

I just got my 19 tight lies hybrid and 15 tight lies fairway ti, I'll report back after the weekend, they sure are pretty, and feel good,
Nice. Assume these are the new ones? Be very interested in your thoughts.. Thanks

The hybrid is 40 inches 19 degree so it's a shorter shaft if that's what your looking for, it has a thud sound like wood, I really like it, on hole 1 I hit it, x2 hot and bertha not the 815, all went the same within a few feet, just comes down to preference, for me it was great on any lie ruff, fairway, even punched with it. The three wood really loved it it has a bat sound metallic, little lighter than my 9032ti, very forgiving, it has the feel that you want to hit it and your going to hit it well, I really recommend it if your looking for a three wood, I still want to try the g30 fairway next,

Man, I really liked this thing. Super easy to hit and surprisingly long. Felt good and looked good at address too. I was a bit surprised.

Hawk, was that the 4 hybrid please? Can you say if you were able to directly compare it to other similar clubs? Thanks

It was the 22° hybrid. I didn't hit my normal one (X2Hot) next to it last night, but am very familar with how it performs. I'll try to do a one-on-one comparison soon.

Both a very easy to hit and the TL seemed similar in forgiveness. Ball speeds were close on well struck and not so well struck shots. Maybe a little shorter in distance, but there wasn't a huge disparity. Based on some feedback I've read about the TL fairways I did wonder if I was going to see a really spinny, high, and short ball flight with this and that wasn't the case at all.

Adams hybrids just look very easy to hit compared to some other brands (in my opinion).

Adams hybrids just look very easy to hit compared to some other brands (in my opinion).

Some do for me, others not as much.

Back