Howdy from North Texas

BigTex71

Reaction score
Handicap
?
I am a new member from the DFW area. I live in Keller/Far North Fort Worth and work in Dallas (yes, the commute sucks.)

I used to play religiously back in the 1990's up until shortly after my first child was born (2000.) Golf was a passion of mine and I am excited to start playing again. I used to have a 15 handicap, but I have no idea how good/bad I am now. I was at an IT summit in Austin a few weeks ago and I played in a best-ball tournament at Firewheel Golf Course down there. I got the itch to play again and talked 'the boss' into letting me start up again. I sold her on the Golf Now app on my phone to show her how I could play rounds for much less than 'rack rates' in the area.

I bought a set of Nike VRS Covert 2.0 irons (3-PW) the other day to upgrade my golf technology, yet staying within a budget. I figured I can hand those irons down to my son when I get my chops back and upgrade in a few years. I had a set of Titleist DCI 962's, but it was difficult going from not playing in years to those dated irons. I feel the Nikes are quite a bit more forgiving than the DCIs. I am looking to pick up a used Titleist 913 D2 in the coming weeks to upgrade from my Taylor Made Titanium Bubble 9.5 driver. Although I still hit the Taylor Made Titanium Bubble 3 wood quite well - so I will hold on to it for a while.

I am looking for a good place and recommendation for lessons in the Fort Worth/Southlake/Mid-Cities area. I am debating joining the Arcis Players Club for either The Golf Club at Fossil Creek or Iron Horse (since they are relatively close to my house) to get unlimited range balls for at least a few months. I am open to other ideas and/or suggestions. Does anyone else have experience at those courses with that membership club?

I look forwards to hanging out in here while I my love for golf rekindles. Hopefully I will get to meet up and play a few rounds with other locals.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP! I belong to Arcis at Twin Creeks in Allen, its a decent value.

Welcome!

Welcome Tex!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome

Welcome BigTex numero dos. I've never found the value in Arcis players club and I live 5 mins away from a Arcis course. If I did choose between the Fossil Creek and Iron Horse I would go with Iron horse because the range at fossil creek is garbage.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome BigTex numero dos. I've never found the value in Arcis players club and I live 5 mins away from a Arcis course. If I did choose between the Fossil Creek and Iron Horse I would go with Iron horse because the range at fossil creek is garbage.

Thank you for the feedback. I will need to go hit a bucket of balls at Iron Horse to check out the facilities since I have never been there.

Welcome to THP!!!!!!

Welcome to thp

Back