The Blackberry Thread

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the BlackBerry Classic will be even better. How do you like the passport?

Thoughts throughout this thread but I love it. The Classic has an awesome form factor, but the specs are not high enough for me to use constantly due to large picture and video work remotely.

The Passport handles all of that and then some. Unique form factor will certainly not be for everybody, but for me I get my Android apps running perfectly that I need and the email and messaging of a Blackberry.

JB, which maps app is native to the Passport?

Any issues with directions or latency?

JB, which maps app is native to the Passport?

Any issues with directions or latency?

Blackberry Maps. It works perfectly fine. I also have Waze, but the Blackberry app works well and does traffic too.

Blackberry Maps. It works perfectly fine. I also have Waze, but the Blackberry app works well and does traffic too.

In face, there were a couple of times that my G3 was having issues getting maps to work and yours worked right away with no issues.

Order placed via Amazon, white Passport. Should have it in hand tomorrow.

very nice! Glad you finally make it happen. I was talking to my boss about the passport yesterday. I was very impressed with how JB was able to use it at the show.

Looking forward to your thoughts. You should have messed around with mine. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Looking forward to your thoughts. You should have messed around with mine. Let me know if you need help with anything.

What case did you land on and did you add screen protector? Not a fan of bulkiness but want the device to be protected.

The ladies version

This was pretty good.

Love the 3:17 mark RE: the track pad on the physical keyboard.
"What is this, the future?"
"Im Not ready for the future"
"This phone should have been released next year"

I saw that before, it made me laugh.

Thanks, great article. I am still getting used to the keyboard and scrolling. I keep just touching the bottom of the screen and the phone doesnt like that.

Need to try out SNAP, too.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Snap will give you everything you need. Took me a few days to get the hang of typing. You can go the conventional way of typing and it works really well. Once you get good at it, the slide up in 3 different spots for the word that appears makes typing crazy fast. I sent an email yesterday that was about two paragraphs long and could never have done that from my iPhone or Android without major mistakes.

The two big things I could not be without anymore.
HUB - Where everything is together.
Blend - Where I can work on my Blackberry from my computer or tablet regardless of brand and still get the same security.

JB, I'm not a BBM user but want to get the app set up at least.

Any idea on how to prevent the app from loaded contacts from FB/Twitter to the Send Invite tab? I removed those contacts from my Contact list, but they are still showing up in the BBM app.

JB, I'm not a BBM user but want to get the app set up at least.

Any idea on how to prevent the app from loaded contacts from FB/Twitter to the Send Invite tab? I removed those contacts from my Contact list, but they are still showing up in the BBM app.

Im honestly not sure. I keep twitter and LinkedIn and others from being in my contact list, so not sure how the rest of that works.

That JC kid is hysterical. I loved my Q10 be4 I broke it. Now im stuck with an android until Sprint decides to release another BlackBerry

Troy,
Keep your eyes peeled this month as 10.3.1 is coming as an update. The two big things it addresses is camera speed and zoom in and zoom out for apps. The latter is huge because there are a small amount of apps that dont format perfectly (android apps only) for the screen. This will give the ability to make sure all fit. The beta testers freaking love it.

Looks like Feb 19 release. Thanks for the heads up.

I am having an issue w/ tapatalk not uploading pictures. Says there is an update for the app but doesn't show up in app store.

Used the camera a lot this past weekend. Takes great pictures, the autofocus was a little temperamental.

Looks like Feb 19 release. Thanks for the heads up.

I am having an issue w/ tapatalk not uploading pictures. Says there is an update for the app but doesn't show up in app store.

Used the camera a lot this past weekend. Takes great pictures, the autofocus was a little temperamental.

Have to upgrade through Snap. Amazon App Store does not have the update. Since I did that, it works perfectly.
Camera is really good, agree on the autofocus, but update is supposed to fix that.

Have to upgrade through Snap. Amazon App Store does not have the update. Since I did that, it works perfectly.
Camera is really good, agree on the autofocus, but update is supposed to fix that.

Still haven't done that, need to dust off my laptop. Looks like there is a V3 Beta version now, are you updating?

Still haven't done that, need to dust off my laptop. Looks like there is a V3 Beta version now, are you updating?

I try and stay away from Betas, but if its an official one, I might give it a go. The ability to zoom in and out of apps is like tailor made for Snap and some of the apps. One thing I know for sure, I am so used to Blend and Hub, I dont think I could use a mobile device that did not use it.

Just got SNAP installed and updating some additional apps/getting some new ones from google play. Freakin Sweet!

Went w the v2 official one for now.

Just got SNAP installed and updating some additional apps/getting some new ones from google play. Freakin Sweet!

Went w the v2 official one for now.

Man, once you have Snap, its a totally different animal.

Back