A White and Gold (No, Blue and Black!) Dress Melts the Internet

• Gold and white

Votes: 38 60.3%
  • Blue and black

Votes: 25 39.7%

• Total voters
Gold and white for me. Not seeing anything else.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Came back to this thread and now the dress is blue/black.
I agree with your sentiment. Now I am seeing gold / light blue...

It keeps changing for me depending on where I'm at and what device I'm on.

6f0e0a7e1f8cdfdbd6bb8584b6cf78a3.jpg

It's blue and black to me, I could be convinced the black is a really dark bronzish gold, but I don't see an ounce of white in the thing.

None of the above? From that pic it looks light blue and diarrhea brown to me.

I see black and blue. I can't even imagine seeing white and gold.

I mainly see black and blue and then towards the bottom I see black, gold and a little white.

Gold and white for me. Never saw any other colors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I clicked on this thread this time the dress was Black and Blue.

Most be some sort of programming to keep it changing based upon different devices or something.

For the life of me, I don't understand the blue/black. I see white/gold or maybe light blue/gold. I've never once seen the blue/black.

We had a guy in the office today saying the same thing, while another guy and I thought it was blue and black all the way...

For the life of me, I don't understand the blue/black. I see white/gold or maybe light blue/gold. I've never once seen the blue/black.

Same with me. White/Gold or Light Blue/Gold.

What's amusing to me is how much hubbub this picture created. It just goes to show how perspectives can be so different from person to person. I saw white/gold and blue/brown and never once black.

Considering that color is reflected light, it makes sense that we'd receive this differently based on how the available light is received by the eyes and translated by the brain. Pretty cool stuff.

When I clicked on this thread this time the dress was Black and Blue.

Most be some sort of programming to keep it changing based upon different devices or something.
Nope, we all gathered around the same screen, and we're split on what colors it is. I'm just lost.

It looks white and gold 95% of the time to me. Except once last night I was looking at it and it looked blue and black, and as I was looking at it it faded to white and gold. Tripped me out.

It's all over the high school here as well. Everyone in my household sees blue and black but I know about half the population sees it incorrectly as white/gold.

Here a few versions of the photo. The one on the right is the most accurate photo. I still see light blue and brownish bronze on the far left photo. Many see the middle one as white/gold.

Untitled-12.jpg

Has anything ever "jumped the shark" as quickly as this?

Okay, the picture has to be changing! It was white and gold this morning, blue and black this afternoon and now it's white and gold again! My mind is so blown I cannot take it.

Wife showed me last night. It's blue and black

Always been Blue and black for me. One of the guys at work saw the brown, but mainly 75% blue/black, 25% white/gold in our office.. informal poll

Last edited:
The original photo must have came from a blackberry bold camera.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I kept hearing about this flippin dress, but didn't bother looking to see what all the fuss was about until I read this post. Now I can see what all the fuss is about. When I first looked at the pic, it was definitely white and gold. After the reading the dress is actually blue and black I checked the image again on page 1 and sure enough, it now looks blue and black. Very weird!

I only see White and Gold

All I see is black and blue now. The real question is how did the girl look in it or was it Bruce Jenners dress?

Back