Playing with only a few clubs

Jackal

Reaction score
Handicap
My Son and I were talking about how we use some clubs in our bags more than others.
He asked if I could only play with 4 clubs, which would they be?
I chose my:
Callaway Big Bertha 16* fwy wood
7 iron
53* Cleveland diadic wedge
Putter

I really think my scoring wouldn't be far from what I am shooting now.
I may try this sometime.

So what are the 4 clubs in your bag that you would play?

Depends on the course, especially for long knockers.

Generally for me it would be driver, 5H, PW and putter. If I putted with my wedge I could change it to driver, 3H, 7 iron and PW. A shorter course, maybe 4W, 5H, PW, putter (or 7 iron and PW with no putter).

3 wood
6 iron
9 iron
putter

I wonder what my score would be lol.

5 wood, 7 iron, 54* wedge, putter I guess.

3 wood, 7 iron, 50* wedge and putter. I think my score wouldn't be too much higher than normal. Maybe 8 or 10 shots. Maybe I'll give it a shot one day.

I love these threads.

I'd have to say Driver, 6 iron, 50 degree wedge, and putter.

I hit the driver off any par 4 or 5, and it's one of my most consistent clubs. so that's 14 strokes a game. The 6 iron I hit at anything 180 or so. The gap wedge I hit anything thats 110 or so.

So basically the whole round would be trying to massage the 6 iron and gap wedge.

We did this to determine our draft order this year. We ranked all of us on how good each player was. the best player (who is a 5 handicap) got 2 clubs plus his putter and the next guy got 3 clubs plus putter and so on. But what made it even more even is we picked which clubs we got out of a hat to even out the better players vs the not so. Was fun to play with only 4 clubs and it made you play the course completely different then with a full bag

3H

7I

54* Wedge

Putter

I think I'd do okay

3 hybrid
8 iron
54 wedge
Putter.

Driver, 6i, 60* wedge, putter

Maybe I would score better, who knows, but I wouldn't care to try, to me golf is all about the challenge of using the entire bag over a round, not just about scoring.

These threads are great. It's a much easier choice when it's 4 clubs vs 3. My choices
driver
7i
50 wedge
putter

3w
7i
50*
putter

Driver
6I
9I
Wedge.

I'll putt with the driver or 6I

This is something I have wanted to try for awhile. i have always thought 5 clubs would be my number but if I had to go to 4 clubs it would be:
4W
7i
54*
putter

I don't know that I'd ever do it, but probably the following:

18* UT.
7 iron.
54* wedge.
Putter.

Assuming we're playing inside 6,400 I think I could make it work.

I don't know that I'd ever do it, but probably the following:

18* UT.
7 iron.
54* wedge.
Putter.

Assuming we're playing inside 6,400 I think I could make it work.

I have golfed with you enough the I am pretty sure no matter what the yardage you could make 1 club work if you had to Dan.

Driver, 56 degree wedge, 7 iron, putter

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

The four clubs in my bag that get used more than the other clubs are as follows in order of frequency of use

Putter
4H
Driver
PW

I'd go 5 wood, 6 iron, 9 iron, and putter.

3H
7I
PW or GW
Putter

Back