2015 THP Invitational at Olde Stonewall - Pittsburgh, PA

Random Thoughts:

Golf is fun

Golf with THPers is the most fun

Olde Stonewall was bada$$

Pittsburgh in June is the Florida of the north.

How many THPers can you fit in a hotel room? Less than 58 but a lot more than occupancy

"Are those Rhinos?"

"Where did that come from? I've played with you before! :alien:"

"Relax, I've got it"

More to come later, safe travels and thanks for the great time THP!

Also a huge shout out to Marty (MPLefty) for letting me bunk with him for the weekend, bringing me a sweet Montreal IPA, and just being an overall great person. He even bought me a dozen B330-RX's before even meeting me in person, can't wait to see/tee it up with him again.

7ab3ab3ff06633df3adcbac9f6ce565d.jpg

Anyone for a Tall Boy?

I am always game for one of those

Welcome to the Post THP Evemt Blues Matt. Sorry to say it doesn't get any easier.

I really enjoyed meeting you and Morgan, It was great to spend some time talking to you both after dinner last night. I hope she enjoyed the weekend as well.

Funny story from Morgan last night. She playes golf and is a pretty good athlete. I mentioned they shoudl try and get in Love In The Air Event next year. When I told her the format about the women putting.
She said, "The heck with that I want to drive, I'm a much better driver than he is, let him putt" it was hilarious and Matt just nodded in Ageement.

Hope to see you both again.

The pleasure was all ours Rob, you guys make a new guy feel like just one of the alumni. Morgan didn't quite understand this 'THP thing' until she met all of you Friday and Saturday. It didn't take her long to realize it's just a massive group of genuine individuals from all different backgrounds that just like to get out, play golf and have a good time. She definitely wants me to watch the dates for next year's LIITA event! But like you said she wants to drive the ball and make me putt :alien: I bet we would score better that way too! After that weekend, no question you haven't seen the last of us!

Had an absolute blast this weekend, despite playing some real poor golf. THP events really are like nothing else. Getting to meet new friends and build new friendships and catch up with old friends is something truly special to me. This course and the food were absolutely top notch.

Olde Stonewall's castle was something I've never seen on a golf course but man it was freaking cool. The condition of the course was immaculate as well.

It was and always is a pleasure to tee it up with Vman, Chopstixx, MPLefty, and of course my old man Maddog.

Big thanks to Bridgestone and THP for bringing such a great time at a beautiful facility!!
The wife got a good laugh when I told her you thought I looked like Iceman from Top Gun. She enjoyed that little anecdote over breakfast haha. Really great meeting you, Maddog and a bunch of the other NY guys. I'll definitely pay more attention the local thread for some quick trips when possible!

The wife got a good laugh when I told her you thought I looked like Iceman from Top Gun. She enjoyed that little anecdote over breakfast haha. Really great meeting you, Maddog and a bunch of the other NY guys. I'll definitely pay more attention the local thread for some quick trips when possible!
Hahaha ice man!! I told Maddog on the ride home if we put you in mirrored aviators and a flight suit you could have been a double!

But in all seriousness dude we gotta get some rounds in this summer. That trip would be bad at all especially if we meet in the middle!

7ab3ab3ff06633df3adcbac9f6ce565d.jpg

Anyone for a Tall Boy?
I cleaned the room for an hour this morning (ok, around 11:00 am) and found.............ONE. I'm not sure whether to drink it, or throw it up on the mantle.

Also a huge shout out to Marty (MPLefty) for letting me bunk with him for the weekend, bringing me a sweet Montreal IPA, and just being an overall great person. He even bought me a dozen B330-RX's before even meeting me in person, can't wait to see/tee it up with him again.
Martin is as good as it gets.

A few thoughts:

50 THPers at the meet and greet was quite impressive!
Mike "Maddog" lost a 6th 7th grader! 80lbs is impressive!
all of the fast players on THPers....and we had groups 30 minutes behind....mind boggling
Watching a run away cart crossing the fairway with a THPer chasing it is kind of funny.
the look in VMans eyes when we did a 360 down the hill on wet slippery fairway will for ever be burned in my memory.
Canadan was right....the real 441 is one awesome dude!

A few thoughts:

all of the fast players on THPers....and we had groups 30 minutes behind....mind boggling
Watching a run away cart crossing the fairway with a THPer chasing it is kind of funny.
the look in VMans eyes when we did a 360 down the hill on wet slippery fairway will for ever be burned in my memory.
No I'm not...take it back now

Hahaha ice man!! I told Maddog on the ride home if we put you in mirrored aviators and a flight suit you could have been a double!

But in all seriousness dude we gotta get some rounds in this summer. That trip would be bad at all especially if we meet in the middle!

Definitely will get up towards you guys this summer for some golf, a very easy trip to make and it will be made!

A few thoughts:

At first, I thought he did it on purpose, like a NASCAR driver doing donuts

Don't forget chewing gum! Lol

Congrats to Ken and Spivey!!

On a side note, debts are being paid.

fd1fd09cce1f3455d6d69df5742d5374.jpg
Hated to part with that dollar. michiganslice is the worlds best putter (this statement is also part of the bet I lost....lol)

Had a great time with old friends and made some new friends, as always at a thp event! mplefty choppstixx and six4three5 were great playing partners.

congrats to v-man and spivey, they played well and brought home the balls.

one good thing about my golf game this weekend, I got to play with one of the winners (v-man) on Friday, I would take v-main as a partner for any golf outing!

only thing hotter than Fridays round was pete's room!

Hated to part with that dollar. michiganslice is the worlds best putter (this statement is also part of the bet I lost....lol)
I did take him a couple of tries to pry that dollar from your fingers. :)

Doesn't he owe you from another bet?

I did take him a couple of tries to pry that dollar from your fingers. :)

Doesn't he owe you from another bet?

You stop that talk right now Aaron, before I challenge you to a game of air hockey!

Just catching up. Congrats to Vman and Spivey! The course looked spectacular.

You stop that talk right now Aaron, before I challenge you to a game of air hockey!
Miss you already buddy. I look forward to the rematch and sharing a pint of Rocky Road. ;-)

Last edited:
Here's something funny, got home and was wiping down my clubs. Noticed the ferrule on my PW came up a bit, whatever put it under hot water and pushed it back down. Then I noticed the grip/shaft label was all turned around! It was so hot this weekend the shaft in my PW turned on me at some point. So I spent my Sunday morning re-shafting it haha:
yd1HtTMl.jpg

Here's something funny, got home and was wiping down my clubs. Noticed the ferrule on my PW came up a bit, whatever put it under hot water and pushed it back down. Then I noticed the grip/shaft label was all turned around! It was so hot this weekend the shaft in my PW turned on me at some point. So I spent my Sunday morning re-shafting it haha:
yd1HtTMl.jpg
Oh that could have been bad. it was hard enough finding balls in the fescue, imagine trying to find a club head in there!

Thank you to JB, GG and everyone else that had a part in putting together this event. We got lucky with the weather and the course was absolutely beautiful.

Congratulations to Spivey & Vman for taking it home this year. Spivey with a PB earlier in the week, and Vman becoming a 3-time Champ. I'd say those two had a great week!

Orange Hog, CAA_Beat and Canadan - You three are an absolute blast to play with! Couldn't ask for three better guys to tee it up with.

Hope everyone had a good time!

Oh that could have been bad. it was hard enough finding balls in the fescue, imagine trying to find a club head in there!
It probably didn't help I was shanking every iron I owned this weekend haha

I had a blast for my first THP event. PhillyV has talked these up and I thought there was no way it would live up to the hype. Man was I wrong. I can't wait for the next one.

Thanks to tbanks5, DCBrad and Motoo34 for a fun round.

Back