Divot Repair Tools

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the custom divot repair tools that are different shapes and logos. I know many prefer the switchblade type models and such, but I still like the formed metal that has a unique design to it.

Anybody else like me?

5873bb29fb5378136bd691a22fc0cd48.jpg

I am on the switchblade camp. call em crazy but I like not having a pointy thing in my pocket

I can go either way with them. My secret santa on here got me a really cool divot tool that I will use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one that I got from Mission Inn years ago that continues to be my favorite. Small and compact with a clip that slides on the pocket. I find the switchblade styles to be too bulky in my pocket.

I am still a GreenSaver fan ever since the forum testing. Still use one, but they have evolved into the Spider (no more spring). Tried the Twister by Pitchfix (same designer) and didn't like that one.

I was always a pitchfork guy before that though.

I prefer the plastic, single pronged repair tools.

heroPage-pitch-tool1.jpg

I have a switchblade type right now with my lovely Red Sox logo on it. I'm looking to get a custom made. I like my divot tool and ball marker to be interesting and cool.

I've always liked the Scotty Cameron one I got that came with my studio stainless a ways back. That being said I like snagging whatever the course regards as their "souvenir tool". Name, logo, etc. it could be similar to what is shown in the picture above or plain Jane. As long as people know how to use them properly any tool should do the trick. Unfortunately most golfers don't know the proper way to fix their ball marks.

I have a switchblade one that I use most often. My wife and kids gave it to me for Christmas and it has a magnetic ball marker with my initials on it. We also got the same one for my brother with his initials.

I do prefer the old style though and would like to find a fun one to use. The old style just reminds me of when I started playing as a kid.

I've considered collecting custom divot tools for a long time, then my Secret Santa sent me one from Patrick Gibbons, along with a couple of ball markers. Love them! I'm definitely on the lookout for cool custom ones now.

I prefer a fixed, 2-prong divot tool - I use one that I got in Ireland - its slightly curved and fits in your hand nicely.

I used to be a huge fan of the ones with pant clips - but lost my favorite one a few years back....

A custom tool, finish, shape, etc. Is a fun, different accessory to use on the course, and as long as people notice or you show it off, you get a conversation starter out of it as well.

I wish all of them were made with shorter prongs so people would stop tearing up the roots on the green

I've been carrying a switchblade type for 3 years now, so I guess I prefer that type. No particular reason except my son gave it to me.

I'm into whatever tool I get from a favorite or recently played course...don't care so much about the type of tool, current favorites...kiawah and east lake

Custom or commemorative ones are cool, but I prefer switchblade so I don't stab myself in the leg.

I wish all of them were made with shorter prongs so people would stop tearing up the roots on the green
If people would use them correctly, that would take care of that problem. But people just don't know.

My favorite is definitely the switchblade type, but the customized ones can be pretty stellar. I've got a few that I absolutely love and are nice because they aren't as bulky as the switchblade one. But they also tend to poke me and sometimes get tangled in my pocket.

If people would use them correctly, that would take care of that problem. But people just don't know.
Precisely. I watch almost everyone use repair tools incorrectly. Drives me nuts

I have both the formed metal and the switchblade. I find I use the formed metal version much more often. Despite not being foldable, I find it less bulky in the pocket.

Also, if you have ever had the switchblade op open in your pocket and not realize it...... well that is a bit uncomfortable.

I use the Divot Devil tool because it seems to work better for me than prong style tools, but I like the one in the picture JB posted and wouldn't be opposed to something really unique like that.

I use the Divot Devil tool because it seems to work better for me than prong style tools, but I like the one in the picture JB posted and wouldn't be opposed to something really unique like that.

I think that is my take. I like the unique, maybe almost a conversation starter.

I like the scotty tool. But in all fairness, I haven't even looked at any other divot tools in years. The scotty tool I use came with my new Circa 62. Dang I've had that thing a long time!

Back