Bought It; Hated It Thread

UglySwing

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
A lot of us fall in love with our golf purchases, but sometimes our purchases kind of leave you underwhelmed or disappointed.

If there's already a thread for this please delete this.

Otherwise let's use this to let one another know what you bought that you didn't like, and the reason for it:

1/ my SunMountain 4 wheeler
- not horribly disappointed by it, but disappointed the fasteners for the bag are getting stripped, from the first usage, simply from folding it up.

2/ purchased a Mizuno H4 Driving Iron a couple days ago
- returned it the next day without hitting another ball
- I hit a bunch of balls with it on the simulator comparing it to the Apex UT (before buying)

The Mizzy was significantly longer, but it had a huge club head on it, and I couldn't shape the ball at all.
Initially I was enticed by the yardage, but then came to my senses.
I have nothing bad to say about it except that it's UGLY.

X2 Hot fairway woods. I hit them stupid long, but did nothing but hook them all day long. Only took about a month to put the kibbosh on those.

Baffler XL 3 hybo. Sim destroyer... Real life suckage.

RAZR Fit Extreme. Longest driver in golf? No. Shorter than RAZR Fit? Yes.

Razr Fit Extreme 4 wood. Had the driver and loved it so I got the 4 wood on a good deal with the same shaft and it was hook central for me. It lasted less than 3 months and most of that it wasn't even in the bag

Adams Speedline Super LS strong 3w.

1025396.jpg

Odyssey Two Ball putter.

I bought one when they first came out, but it was just too big for my liking. And for me it's really tough to make putts when I can't stand looking down at my putter.

Callaway RFX 3 wood. Good off the tee, bad off the turf for me. Didn't last long at all.

Rocketballz Stage 2 3w. Hit it off the box just fine, but could not hit it from the fw at all.

Cleveland Mashie hybrid.

PING I20's

Tried so hard to love these and hated them.

Black R1

Cobra Amp Cell FW. The Amp Cell driver and hybrid get along well with me. Flush hits with the FW didn't feel as good as it should be. Still have it though.

The R1. Ugly, loud and felt like a brick at the end of the shaft.

tm jetspeed 3w hl. hit it pretty well on the sim compared to a number of other fw, but irl it was a low hooker. didn't do my homework to realize that golf galaxy doesn't have the same playability program that other big box stores do, so lost about $200 on it in less than a week, traded it for an adams pro 20 which i couldn't get off the ground.

ping i25 irons. still have them in the bag after a year because i have too much $ in them to part with them. but in major ponder mode for the bridgestone j15 df irons as a sexy replacement.

tm r7 3w. too much bulge and roll and couldn't ever get comfortable with it. i hit the r5 dual 3w great, but never got on with the r7.

I do a lot of testing before I buy now but when I first started I bought a Cleveland Hibore XLS driver that had the sound of a frying pan being hit at impact. It lasted 3 rounds then got traded in.

Stage 2 3 hybo. Maybe it was the fact that it was really at about 17* loft or the shaft was terrible, but I couldn't get rid of that sucker fast enough. Looking back now and the incredible hybrids I've had the last two years, makes it look even worse.

Cleveland Mashie hybrid.
Wow...I'm surprised to read that.
While, I've never played one, it seems like everyone loves theirs.

Well, there ya go. Granted, I did try the M1. It's the reason why low lofted hybrids make little sense to me.

Iron head covers.

Bought them for my very first set of new irons and used them one time. I don't have issues with anyone using them, but I can't stand them!

So far been lucky, only a push button/switchblade style ball mark tool. Dumb thing is always popping open in my pocket.

Odyssey Two Ball putter.

I bought one when they first came out, but it was just too big for my liking. And for me it's really tough to make putts when I can't stand looking down at my putter.

That is how personal gear can be as I love my 2Ball.

Not a lot of TM love here so far.
I hated my TM Superfast driver, I just could not control the ball at all. I eventually donated it to the "Kids Golf Camp" program at my local driving range after months of trying to get it to work.

Ping g20 driver, can't stand the sound.

RBZ Stage 2 TP Hybrids,
RBZ Stage 2 TP Fairways
R1
R11 Fairways

Basically, anything TM. Tried them, did not work, even with a lite consistent aftermarket high launch shaft

TM made you work too hard to get these clubs to go

I haven't hit the SLDR but I'm certain that I'd hate it, too. lol

They are in general, heavier clubs than I need, and these seem to work better for faster swing speeds. Could not launch well at that time with that swing. Took a lot of effort...

Faster, better swing now than 2 years ago -- still, was not impressed by design of club or versatility and would not buy again. Has turned me off to TM.

And now, they are worth so little that I'm giving them to my nephews when they get speed.

Last edited:
Cobra baffler T rail hybrid. Hated it. Took one range session to get rid of it.
Which is weird because I have a Cobra baffler hybrid that I really like

I had one and could hit left turns with it.

I almost killed a foursome at Hawks club once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back