Cleveland Black Hybrid/Fairway Wood

sabig27

Reaction score
Handicap
Cleveland has the new Cleveland Black line on their website to include hybrids and fairway woods. I'm sure JB and crew will have more on it soon, but I thought I would let THP know in case they wanted an early look.

http://www.clevelandgolf.com/US_cg-black-hybrid__14cg_blackhy__viewProd_hybrids.html

One thing I noticed on their website is their lofts look tight toward the long irons. The lofts of the hybrids compared to the irons look off as well.

Here is the fairway woods.

http://www.clevelandgolf.com/US_cg-black-fairway__14cg_blackfwy__viewProd_fairway_woods.html

They have an 9 wood, interesting.

I still hope to see they have an offering to replace the Tudes.

Their 4 iron almost looks like an Tude 4, but it is tough to tell.

Really liking the looks of those FW. Its like the 4W is calling my name....

Oh man. I love(d) the current CG Black series. Now temptation enters the picture.

I was looking at the site again, it almost looks like the new black irons in the 4 and 5 loft have a altitude hybo look to it. Be interesting to get more info.

Noticed that as well Sabig.

Some interesting info on the irons in particular on the site. Seems like they've utilized some of the same technology that XXIO uses across the whole line as well.

I was looking at the site again, it almost looks like the new black irons in the 4 and 5 loft have a altitude hybo look to it. Be interesting to get more info.

There is a full thread with in hand pictures of the Black irons.

Gotcha. If I remember there weren't any pictures of the lower lofted clubs in that thread yet.

Any news on the new black hybrids and fairways. I saw a photo of the black hybrid in a recent golf digest and it looks like Cleveland may be changing the lofts on the hybrids.

Those hybrids look gorgeous, and I know all the work Cleveland has put into making the Black series to help elevate the ball could definitely pay off. Really want to give these a hit. Loving the distance I get from my current hybrids, but I launch them pretty low.

What shaft did they stuff into the hybrids?

What shaft did they stuff into the hybrids?

[h=3]Mitsubishi Bassara E60 Graphite Shaft[/h]
BRANDFLEXWEIGHTFLEX POINTSWTORQUE
Mitsubishi A52 gMIDD26.2°
Mitsubishi R54 gMIDD26.2°
Mitsubishi S55.5 gMIDD26.1°

Has anyone hit or seen the Black hybrids. My main question is I am wondering if the head is the same size as the 588 or did they make the profile larger?

Has anyone hit or seen the Black hybrids. My main question is I am wondering if the head is the same size as the 588 or did they make the profile larger?

Just going off what I saw in the store, but they didn't seem enormous to me. Maybe a little bit larger front-to-back than the 588 (looked a little "rounder" to me), but the profile is similar.

They have a Cleveland demo day coming to a local Golfsmith so Im sure they will have the newer clubs there.

Last edited:
These hybrids are so money. A high straight ball flight. I wish they got more attention that they deserve. One of the drawbacks I guess in branding your clubs for seniors and women. I'm neither and these hybrids work for me.

Sabig. How is the finish holding up on the hybrids?

Can you post a pic of the face, sole and crown ?

I will get this done tomorrow for ya.

Erock, I took a few photos for you. Just a side note, I hit the 7 wood in this series and fell in love as well as I do with most 7 woods, so I may be replacing the 4H with a 7 wood. It is not the 4H fault though, the hybrids are keepers. I have played about 5 rounds with the clubs and I hit off range mats. I do not hit usually off sandy soil, which I think helps keep marks off the face.

IMG_0217_zpszs1t2to4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0216_zpszm1jf4ru.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Very nice. Thanks.
Any chance you've ever hit the Tour Edge Trilogy or X Rail hybrids and how they compare ?

Sorry I haven't hit those clubs.

any more feedback on the hybrids? would be interested to get some, thanks!

A buddy of mine recently switched from the x2 Hot 5 and 6 hybrids to the CG Black 5 and 6. He's seeing a higher ball flight and about 9 yds more carry. Granted they are 1* stronger than than the x2's but 1* isn't worth 9 yds.

He's got me pondering them

A buddy of mine recently switched from the x2 Hot 5 and 6 hybrids to the CG Black 5 and 6. He's seeing a higher ball flight and about 9 yds more carry. Granted they are 1* stronger than than the x2's but 1* isn't worth 9 yds.

He's got me pondering them

In my limited time hitting the 21° Cleveland Black hybrid it was very long, but I chalked that up to a souped up monitor. It was still a very good feeling club. I think Cleveland /Srixon has something with the lower swing MOI.

Back